Janet Jackson Boob Slip!

CBS apologizes for Janet's halftime flash

Singer's top torn open at end of Super Bowl show - The Associated Press

Updated: 10:54 p.m. ET Feb. 01, 2004

NEW YORK -CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson?s top, exposing her breast.

?CBS deeply regrets the incident,? spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song?s finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson?s leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson?s breast.

?I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl,? Timberlake said in a statement. ?It was not intentional and is regrettable.?

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, ?and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS? broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended.?

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS? corporate cousin in Viacom.

?We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show,? Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. ?They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

?It?s unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.?

MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was ?unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional.?

CBS apologizes for Janet's halftime flash

Singer's top torn open at end of Super Bowl show - The Associated Press

Updated: 10:54 p.m. ET Feb. 01, 2004

NEW YORK -CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson?s top, exposing her breast.

?CBS deeply regrets the incident,? spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song?s finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson?s leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson?s breast.

?I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl,? Timberlake said in a statement. ?It was not intentional and is regrettable.?

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, ?and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS? broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended.?

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS? corporate cousin in Viacom.

?We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show,? Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. ?They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

?It?s unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.?

MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was ?unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional.?

--------------------------

Updates, if any, may be found at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4131637/

?It?s unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.???

Regardless of whether the "flash" was planned or not, I doubt they would do another because this one sucked so horribly, horribly bad.

wardrobe malfunction

That is such an awesome way to put it... I'm gonna remember that one :devil:

Anyway, what IS the point of the Super Bowl Half Time show lately? They've all sucked... be much better if they'd give us more commercials :yes:

well it's comforting to know that the Jackson family are all a bunch of perverts........what bugs me is they continue to do it for publicity purposes.This ONE-up manship by so called celebritys and most by celebritys who are basically waning in popularity stooping to low levels to re-invent themselves is nothing but a comment on the way society has garnered itself to let it happen.I think criminal charges should be laid against someone over this.It shows no class and it certainly isnt "entertainment".It's pathetic. And I myself am very liberal in such attitudes but for heaven sakes....in the right place for the right time.....wtg janet....you did nothing but make a fool of yourself in front of basically the whole world not to mention what mr timberlake achieved to do.....possibly destroy what's left of a bottomed out career as it is.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

All I've gotta say is Bull**** I'm sure she always walks around with little stars covering her ######. Come now, that was planned, there's no way they can play it off otherwise...

Oh, so that -is- a nipple. *shudder*

I hate the media.

Yeah, it seems so. But WTF is that nipple contraption she has on? :pinch: Is it poked thru the center of the star like thingy? I dunno...