Avengers 4: Endgame (April 2019)

Just got back from seeing it, might be the after movie feels but I'd give it a 9/10.  It really helps if you've seen all the other movies IMO.  Of course if I see it a 2nd time I'll probably find some minor things to poke at which could drop it to 8/10 but it's better than IW IMO.   You have to take them together though, this really is a part 2 to IW part 1, there's no other way to look at it.

I'll be waiting for my next pay cycle 2 weeks from now to go see it.

I get payed tomorrow but I doubt I'd be able to get tickets on opening weekend. Neither I nor my friends wanted to deal with trying to pre-order tickets + we don't want to deal with how crowded it will be this opening weekend :D

38 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I'll be waiting for my next pay cycle 2 weeks from now to go see it.

I get payed tomorrow but I doubt I'd be able to get tickets on opening weekend. Neither I nor my friends wanted to deal with trying to pre-order tickets + we don't want to deal with how crowded it will be this opening weekend :D

It's pretty good to see it with a packed crowd IMO,  it's cool to have so many people sharing the saem exciting moments and so on.  

1 minute ago, George P said:

It's pretty good to see it with a packed crowd IMO,  it's cool to have so many people sharing the saem exciting moments and so on.  

yeah but personally I'd rather be able to hear the movie and not have to deal with everyone screaming/laughing at the same points ect.

call me an old man that way :p (is only in his 20's)

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

yeah but personally I'd rather be able to hear the movie and not have to deal with everyone screaming/laughing at the same points ect.

call me an old man that way :p (is only in his 20's)

I get that, you know, I wonder why they don't do 3D audio headphone setups so you can hear just the movie and no one else?

1 minute ago, George P said:

I get that, you know, I wonder why they don't do 3D audio headphone setups so you can hear just the movie and no one else?

that could be neat but I'd bet it hasn't been done for sanitation reasons.

Good god, was covered in sweat leaving the theater, crowded as hell, which was great.

About what I expected, which isn't a bad thing, since that was pretty great. I won't post much now, tired, Plus I don't really have much to say, it was just plain really solid.

I don't think this is a spoiler... But there is one girl power scene I can't wait for MRAs to complain about that was pretty awesome. I'm not a huge Marvel fanboy, but the next phase of movies looks pretty well set up.

5 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Good god, was covered in sweat leaving the theater, crowded as hell, which was great.

About what I expected, which isn't a bad thing, since that was pretty great. I won't post much now, tired, Plus I don't really have much to say, it was just plain really solid.

I don't think this is a spoiler... But there is one girl power scene I can't wait for MRAs to complain about that was pretty awesome. I'm not a huge Marvel fanboy, but the next phase of movies looks pretty well set up. 

Why does one have to be an mra to not like that scene? It was corny as hell. Like all the dudes just decided to peace out for a minute and somehow in this huge chaotic battle all the girls managed to find each other?

That was the only low point in the entire movie for me, I even like how they handled Captain Marvel... which I feel like they kind of toned down how OP she is compared to her own movie.

I don't know if this requires a spoiler tag but w/e, if people are worried about that they shouldn't be poking their nose into the thread on day of release.

Spoiler

Another thing I'm wondering about is what the hell was Doctor Strange doing there at the end? The only time they really showed him he was off fighting a waterfall? Huh? In Infinity War he nearly went toe to toe with Thanos on his own in one of the most visually amazing fight scenes ever filmed and that was also when Thanos had most of the stones... but all we see from him here he barely does anything at all besides play around in a big puddle? Did I miss something there?

🤬🤬🤬 A friend of mine spoiled a plot point and I am very ######. I am going to watch it tomorrow. 😭😭😭

Spoiler

Iron Man dies...

I knew RDJ's contract expires, so is the contract for many others, but still.... some idiots can't keep their mouths shut.
Oh well, I still don't know why/how though... hope it is a fitting end to him.

27 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

🤬🤬🤬 A friend of mine spoiled a plot point and I am very ######. I am going to watch it tomorrow. 😭😭😭

Hide contents

Iron Man dies...

I knew RDJ's contract expires, so is the contract for many others, but still.... some idiots can't keep their mouths shut.
Oh well, I still don't know why/how though... hope it is a fitting end to him.

Rest easy, you'll find out soon

Wow.  That was A LOT to take in last night.  It's very good.  1st viewing doesn't seem nearly like 3ish hours.  Not much to nitpick but I'll wait a bit before giving any full comments.  

Spoiler

As far as character deaths go, there is only 1 I didn't expect.   The RDJ one every should have seen coming, he's done with the MCU, it's now up to someone else to carry.  Plus at this point Disney isn't going to want to pay him, and a few others that were around since the start, $100mil or w/e he got for IW and this one.

The old guard was always going to get replaced at some point.

As far as what Doctor Strange was doing, as the fight was going on someone busted a dam, he was stopping the water from flooding the area where everyone was fighting or they'd all have been swept away.  Besides this was the big final fight for Cap and Iron Man, no one else could steal the show.

26 minutes ago, George P said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As far as character deaths go, there is only 1 I didn't expect.   The RDJ one every should have seen coming, he's done with the MCU, it's now up to someone else to carry.  Plus at this point Disney isn't going to want to pay him, and a few others that were around since the start, $100mil or w/e he got for IW and this one.

As far as what Doctor Strange was doing, as the fight was going on someone busted a dam, he was stopping the water from flooding the area where everyone was fighting or they'd all have been swept away.  Besides this was the big final fight for Cap and Iron Man, no one else could steal the show.

I guess I do remember that. There was A LOT to take in in that third act and I felt like quite a bit was cut just so they could get it down to 3 hours.

Hopefully there is an extended cut blu ray.

And speaking of that, I didn't feel like a 3 hour long movie.

2 hours ago, George P said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Strange was also making the "Snap" gesture towards Tony as a hint of what Tony had to do.

7 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Why does one have to be an mra to not like that scene? It was corny as hell. Like all the dudes just decided to peace out for a minute and somehow in this huge chaotic battle all the girls managed to find each other?

I never said anyone who dislikes the scene is a MRA, I said MRAs will dislike the scene, and I will laugh at them because they are hilarious.

I didn't find it too corny. There were tons of things in that movie that some people find funny and others find corny. I can see why people would not be fans of the scene, but I like girl power.

Spoiler

Given that all three of the main people fighting Thanos - Iron Man, Cap, and Thor - were guys (and the main characters in the universe, which is fine), a little nod to the actually many badass women was funny. Like I said, they did a pretty good job of giving every hero a role in the battle, even with containing Captain Marvel's OP bits. The scene didn't have an impact, it didn't make women super powered, it was just a nod to them.

I hope that my niece and other little girls like it and start to get into nerdy movies, since all of her brothers dress up as Marvel heroes all the time and she doesn't, even though she likes the movies. Not every scene is for "you".

This was an excellent movie. 9.5 out of 10 for me. No one got up the entire move. As we left (we were at the matinee), the movie theater lobby was full and he line was around the block. 96% Rotten Tomatoes. Worth all of it!

Took the kids, but going back with the wife this week. Awesome!

I wouldn't give it a 9.5/10, I'd say 9 though.     You could nitpick a few things if you felt like it.  While the comedy is typical MCU stuff, there are parts where it starts to get a bit serious and then you get a one liner out of nowhere, which is ok but they do it a lot.  Another thing, for me, the final battle is, as you'd expect CGI heavy, but too dark for what I like.  In IW it's nice a bright, but not here, you can miss stuff.  Probably better in IMAX and later on in bluray but yeah.

By far the best one yet.. saw it full on IMAX glory!  It was so sad to see the whole thing come to an end I cried.

I gotta go back when its out on disk to watch on blu-ray or 4K disk for sure to catch some things I think I over looked.

There are things I feel they didn't really think out properly or maybe I'm over thinking it..who knows.

10/10

Just saw it in IMAX 3D, it was pretty darn good. There were a few things I didnt necessarily enjoy:

Spoiler

- I did not like the Hulks character in this one at all. I felt it was cheesy and corny.

- I wish Bucky became Cap, not Sam

- I was hoping Pepper would be more from the comics in terms of her suit. Correct me if I am wrong, its been a while since I read them, but her suit didnt have offensive powers just the shield to rescue people. In the movie she had offensive capabilities which I didnt necessarily like.

- Is the black widow movie still happening? Or was it shelved? Not sure why they would kill her, if she has a solo movie coming out even if its a prequel to all of the recent MCU stuff

- Loved that Cap weilded Thors Hammer

- Thor was hilarious

I'd give it 9/10. Marvel sure knows how to put on a blockbuster show. Lots of awesome scenes that made the audience go crazy. Lots of emotions spread across the movie. However I felt a little disappointed that some things were a little shallow for my liking.

Spoiler

But still felt a little disappointed that it sticks to the typical Hollywood formula for Sci-Fi that "time travel solves everything". I would have been delighted if they did something out of the box.

Having said that, I have few issues with the MCU in general and this movie in particular

1. The entire concept of Infinity Stones: Six most powerful things in the universe and all that it is used for is to destroy life. Sure it can do it, but I was expecting some more interesting things. I mean all that's needed is the soul stone, the power stone to amplify its effect(?) and the time stone to fix stuff in case it goes wrong. The other 3 stones just sit there. I mean Thanos could have done a lot with them and used it more effectively.

2. Tony Stark is GOD: Create a duplicate infinity gauntlet with no compromises in minimal time, check. Solve time travel problems, check. Pull out the infinity stones from Thanos' hand like its stuck to nothing, check. By solving time travel, he basically replicated the function of the time stone, why not spend some more time and replicate the other stones as well? He could do that in a snap. I love Iron Man but this is just too much 'genius' to bestow to a fictional character in my opinion. He has so much resources but doesn't think about studying and reverse engineering the Pym particles and creating more of it. Instead spends time in the past to bond with his dad.

3. Captain Marvel appears out of nowhere and we are cool now: I am sure the teasers and the post credit scenes of Captain Marvel convey that the Avengers on earth have already met Captain Marvel, but the way the movie is cut in a way that seems like a cosmic girl brings the ship back to Earth and everyone focuses on Tony and nobody cares who that woman is. Also she is late to the final battle and doesn't use her powers to wipe out Thanos' army in a flash: Lets punch them one by one!

4: Captain America grows old, I am confused: If the whole point of returning the stones is to make sure the events in the past don't get altered yet Captain America does not choose to keep his past same. So the reality of the entire expedition to the Arctic in search of Captain America is altered and so are the events after it. So Cap is very well alive at the end of WW2, pretty sure he would have regretted altering his timeline to see Nuclear bombs. Imagine Vietnam war and War in the middle east with Captain America. There is a possibility Tony Stark wouldn't have become Iron Man because Cap takes care of terrorists and there is no place for Tony to sell weapons there and eventually become Iron Man.

5: Time travel portal: This is a universe changing device, lets just keep it close to the balcony for a wonderful view and not in a confined underground secret chamber. Better yet, lets keep it outdoors, next to a lake, how calming! Nobody can access it because it is in the protection of the Avengers. Only SHIELD bases get compromised, not the Avengers HQ. Seriously, the van was a much better device. At least it was hiding in plain sight.

6: Where is Adam Warlock? They had my hopes high after the end credit scene in GotG2.

6 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Just saw it in IMAX 3D, it was pretty darn good. There were a few things I didnt necessarily enjoy:

Hide contents

- I did not like the Hulks character in this one at all. I felt it was cheesy and corny.

- I wish Bucky became Cap, not Sam

- I was hoping Pepper would be more from the comics in terms of her suit. Correct me if I am wrong, its been a while since I read them, but her suit didnt have offensive powers just the shield to rescue people. In the movie she had offensive capabilities which I didnt necessarily like.

- Is the black widow movie still happening? Or was it shelved? Not sure why they would kill her, if she has a solo movie coming out even if its a prequel to all of the recent MCU stuff

- Loved that Cap weilded Thors Hammer

- Thor was hilarious

Spoiler

Based on some research I did, the Rescue armour also has offensive capabilities.  That's because it wasn't our normal out of control Hulk, it was Pro. Hulk

There is a chance Natasha is alive but trapped on Vormir.

14 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Based on some research I did, the Rescue armour also has offensive capabilities.  That's because it wasn't our normal out of control Hulk, it was Pro. Hulk

There is a chance Natasha is alive but trapped on Vormir.

Spoiler

I don't think she's alive, the solo movie is a origin story and thus a prequel.  The only way they can get her back is if they introduced mistress death and somehow could barter for her.  But I don't see how that happens.  She's not trapped anywhere, her soul was used as an exchange for the soul stone.  Not something you come back from so easy.  The only way they brought Gamora back is using time travel shinanigans.   Otherwise she's pretty much dead to.   And I don't think they'll time travel yet again just to bring back another character.  

Nope, this is the old guard signing off, her solo movie is her last one.  Disney is moving on to new actors/actresses and cheaper paychecks.  

Thor probably has one last outing before he's done as well. 

12 hours ago, sava700 said:

By far the best one yet.. saw it full on IMAX glory!  It was so sad to see the whole thing come to an end I cried.

I gotta go back when its out on disk to watch on blu-ray or 4K disk for sure to catch some things I think I over looked.

There are things I feel they didn't really think out properly or maybe I'm over thinking it..who knows.

10/10

It's not really coming to an end though? The majority of these characters apart from Captain America and Tony Stark already have their next movies in the works.

The next one is Spiderman: Far From Home which is out I think in July.