The horror of finding a 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, GSYNC gaming monitor >=27" (pref curved)

My  friend i am,  saying that viewsonic  has better colors and contrast and less  failures  from  the others   g-sync   ips  144 hz 1440p 27  this i mean

13 minutes ago, sectorseven said:

My  friend i am,  saying that viewsonic  has better colors and contrast and less  failures  from  the others   g-sync   ips  144 hz 1440p 27  this i mean

You read what we said, at all? after these 2 pages? We gave you load of examples, you were only set on your 3.

In all reality, get what you want. But please do take our suggestions into account.

15 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

You read what we said, at all? after these 2 pages? We gave you load of examples, you were only set on your 3.

In all reality, get what you want. But please do take our suggestions into account.

The advantages of living in a Democracy:

- he can choose to completely ignore our information and suggestions

- he can choose to employ speech in a manner that confounds the bounds of reality

The advantages of living with Capitalism:

- he can choose to do whatever he wants with his money, including the purchase of complete dog poop products that everyone sells in order to maximize corporate profits by getting the buying public to focus on maximizing a spec that is actually cheap to make and distract them from the real cost of quality components that are hard to profit from.

- he can play Wheel of Fortune over and over again as long as there are bucks to burn...

5 hours ago, dead.cell said:

Not sure how anyone can help you with the prices (less you want us to smuggle you one :D ). However, I did buy that monitor when it went on sale over Thanksgiving week. Works great, and the 144Hz really makes a difference from a gaming standpoint, along with simple things like navigating the UI.

I'd love an IPS monitor, but I read on numerous issues with IPS versions of different 144Hz monitors reporting ghosting with other brands. That being said, I had to decide between response time or colors... which I guess really depends on what your goals are.

People wanting both is understandable, but not when you can buy 2 monitors for the price of 1. Something to consider at least. 

The laws of capitalism suggest that anyone is free to create their own personal Computer Museum of Curious Objects and start a traveling road show through the Wild Wild West...

A TN Panel in 2018? That's archeology, soon to be Paleontology!

I'm wrestling with trying to understand any value in handing over real dollars in 2018/2019 for a 8 bit IPS panel when 10 bit IPS and VA/MVA/PVA panels exist, but TN is OMG IN 2019! 

5 minutes ago, sectorseven said:

i will not ignore  your  suggestions but i have to make the corect decisions  ,, to see what is  the  best for me  this i mean

YES oh YES - You have to live with the results! and good luck of course.

Vigorous discussion can hopefully help you sort out the various factors.

Just now, sectorseven said:

which tn panel;;  i am  talking  for  ips panels

Surprise!

This is a forum on the internet! It is on page 3 of a growing discussion thread that includes a lot of people and various objectives...

Which happen to include some people that are considering a similar purchase to yours but using TN instead of IPS (and similar)

It is the ultimate exploration of response time and speed versus actual quality - just taking your 166 hz idea to it's extreme absurd conclusion by sacrificing all possible quality for raw something or other connected to refresh rate...

what  you mean when   you say  taking your 166 hz idea to it's extreme absurd conclusion by sacrificing all possible quality for raw something or other connected to refresh rate... what  you mean with   this?

3 minutes ago, sectorseven said:

what  you mean when   you say  taking your 166 hz idea to it's extreme absurd conclusion by sacrificing all possible quality for raw something or other connected to refresh rate... what  you mean with   this?

The logical absurd conclusion of fast refresh rates is to use a TN panel and some people have embraced that idea.

Beats me. Embracing the absurd is part of human nature, hence Presidents with Orange Hair...

1 hour ago, DevTech said:

The monitor in all the various links appears to be a TN panel which seems most appropriate for people that are "Legally Blind".

At 27" and normal sitting position right in front of the monitor, a TN panel will exhibit different viewing characteristics out of the corner of your eye no matter where you look on the screen (unless you sit 6 meters from the monitor and use binoculars)

`I don't understand what you mean by this, is  TN panel for "Legally Blind" people and an IPS panel for normal people?

5 minutes ago, sectorseven said:

i  am saying   that  ips panels  are  better  from tn panels.

Always? Not quite....

31 minutes ago, DevTech said:

I will not buy that monitor Sam!

I will not eat bad Green pixel eggs and refresh rate SPAM!

I will not eat 8 bits in a boat, or view a hi res picture of a goat!

Egg and bacon

Egg, sausage and bacon

Egg and Spam

Egg, bacon and Spam

Egg, bacon, sausage and Spam

Spam, bacon, sausage and Spam

Spam, egg, Spam, Spam, bacon and Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, egg and Spam

Spam, Sausage, Spam, Spam, Spam, Bacon, Spam, Tomato and Spam (vinyl record)

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam

my  friend i  didnt spam.. i didnt say something  bad. i just said my opinion

every person  has  different  opinions 

Edited by sectorseven

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

`I don't understand what you mean by this, is  TN panel for "Legally Blind" people and an IPS panel for normal people?

That was a reference in my reply to you here:

"At 27" and normal sitting position right in front of the monitor, a TN panel will exhibit different viewing characteristics out of the corner of your eye no matter where you look on the screen"

In my opinion, a LARGE TN panel would be intolerable.

But I am very precise with my equipment which led to an attempt at humor that fell totally flat.

Sorry about that.

In providing responsible advice I urge everyone to re-consider using hard earned money on a TN panel in 2018, but in the end it is just a suggestion to "stop, look and listen" and then cross the road as you please of course...

41 minutes ago, sectorseven said:

my  friend i  didnt spam.. i didnt say something  bad. i just said my opinion

every person  has  different  opinions 

It is a pun on a famous book by Dr. Seus "Green Eggs and Ham"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Eggs_and_Ham

An educational story about people who are reluctant to consider new things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Seuss

Dr. Seuss is part of the fabric of our civilization, so references to him are always permitted!

1 hour ago, DevTech said:

Dr. Seuss is part of the fabric of our civilization, so references to him are always permitted!

And Spam :D 

6 hours ago, DevTech said:

The laws of capitalism suggest that anyone is free to create their own personal Computer Museum of Curious Objects and start a traveling road show through the Wild Wild West...

A TN Panel in 2018? That's archeology, soon to be Paleontology!

I'm wrestling with trying to understand any value in handing over real dollars in 2018/2019 for a 8 bit IPS panel when 10 bit IPS and VA/MVA/PVA panels exist, but TN is OMG IN 2019! 

Until you can pull a 27"+ 1440p 144Hz IPS display with G-Sync out your bum for $400, I'm not interested. :ermm: 

I had to replace 2 monitors. Pretty sure you'd rip your eyes out if you knew what I was using before, and I already spent enough on an RTX 2080. All I need for Christmas is a good dual monitor mount. :happy: 

4 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

All I need for Christmas is a good dual monitor mount. :happy: 

Thought that was going to be "my two front teeth" :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

And Spam :D 

Green Eggs and Ham is a full meal like a desktop computer:

Green_Eggs_and_Ham.thumb.jpg.d0962a8a8f65b7624442cf150a1ac022.jpg

And SPAM is like a portable laptop version for those on the go:

Spam_2.thumb.jpg.e7d8f9626ee1ec010a2c941ad6615188.jpg

And so Green Eggs and SPAM is a green alien thing that feeds your needs:

aw15nt_lnb_00055rf110_gy-800x800.thumb.png.c8d060e3bd1699bd40b1c4e3ad26dff5.png

• Haha 3