The Mandalorian

On 06/04/2023 at 09:54, primortal said:

Don't feel bad I did the same...

Overall it was good episode.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad Bo-Katan didn't have to fight Din Djarin over the dark saber and that she also got her crew and ships back.

The scene with them in the Droid bar was pretty good and they too didn't want to be replaced with humans and they enjoyed working for them.

Spoiler

I like Bo as a character but not as a leader. I know I'm in the minority in that thinking. It was a cheap easy way to give the darksaber to her. I would have rather have Din be the new leader with Bo as a strong ally.

On 07/04/2023 at 09:57, monkeylove said:

The recent episode's a joke.

Maybe it'll show some improvement, but it looks like this show's going down.

Not every single episode has to be 100% dead serious, you know.  Sure it had some silly, but it had enough story progression to balance out as well.

• Like 2

So I want to revisit my stance on the first episode of this season. I maintain that episode 1 was weak but now see that it’s lead somewhere. And I REALLY like where this season is going.

Spoiler

Grogu walking around in IG-12 was awesome, especially the 'Yes' and 'No' buttons.

The Armorer for most of the season has been bothering me as she's up to something not good.

Waiting for a show down between Grogu and Moff

On 01/01/2021 at 06:02, astropheed said:

God I'm so tired of that excuse to make ###### "strong" female leads that we should just accept,

The problem with modern movies has nothing to do with strong female lead that you have to accept. The problem is 100% bad writing. People should stop to point out things like strong female lead or woke and all this nonsense. This is bad writing and this is what people should focus on. The Grey Man was awful. It had a male lead. But the writing was awful and it was awful. You could replace the male lead by a female in Grey Man and it would still be awful cause the writing was awful. Same with 65. Male lead. Same awful writing as with movies with female lead. Result was an awful movie.

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me why Grogu was knighted by Lizzo? That was the one part that really got to me, as he literally did nothing other than get fed and petted that episode.

On 14/04/2023 at 02:27, HoochieMamma said:

Can someone explain to me why Grogu was knighted by Lizzo? That was the one part that really got to me, as he literally did nothing other than get fed and petted that episode.

I think Lizzo was just exerting her power to be able to do it for a cute thing that enjoyed her company, that's the way I saw it. It was clear that the society seemed to exist out of personal fulfillment and enjoyment (hence the robots being so important to do the trivial and boring work they would otherwise have to do).

tl;dr she did it because she can.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2023 at 19:55, LaP said:

The problem with modern movies has nothing to do with strong female lead that you have to accept. The problem is 100% bad writing. People should stop to point out things like strong female lead or woke and all this nonsense. This is bad writing and this is what people should focus on. The Grey Man was awful. It had a male lead. But the writing was awful and it was awful. You could replace the male lead by a female in Grey Man and it would still be awful cause the writing was awful. Same with 65. Male lead. Same awful writing as with movies with female lead. Result was an awful movie.

You're not wrong. Star Wars had strong female lead characters from the outset, but they were well written and worked well.  These days it's nothing but a pile of Mary Sue's...

Solid final episode with a ton of action.. an enjoyable viewing experience to round out the season.  I have general mixed feelings on the season as a whole, but not enough to have me down on the overall series.  Still very good overall.  

On 19/04/2023 at 18:40, Innervisions33 said:

Solid final episode with a ton of action.. an enjoyable viewing experience to round out the season.  I have general mixed feelings on the season as a whole, but not enough to have me down on the overall series.  Still very good overall.  

Likewise. There were a couple of filler episodes, but overall 8/10 for me.

On 19/04/2023 at 19:40, Innervisions33 said:

It's my favorite show in the Star Wars franchise, and I'm a Trekkie! 😛 

Not a huge fan, personally, but then again, I'm old, lol

The season was ok.  Getting sick of Grogu ... to the point I wish he had stayed with Luke to ultimately get murdered by Kylo.  I understand Disney needs to sell Grogu merch.

The series dialogue was predictable and poorly written, action sequences were clumsy and pacing was glacial.  Sure, the arc of the Mandalorians taking back their home planet was fine...but everything else in the season....meh.

Elia Kane and Dr. Pershing storyline?

Anyway, hopefully season 4 gets back to the bounty hunter adventure of the week...

I liked it, it was fun. Greatest thing ever. Nope. But it was entertaining. 

Spoiler

But if they killed Bo-Katan that would have been the end of the series for me. 

On 23/04/2023 at 12:27, Jim K said:

Elia Kane and Dr. Pershing storyline?

100% filler episode, we never saw what happened to the Dr after she turned the dial up, and we only saw Elia once more when she was communicating with MG.

On 24/04/2023 at 13:15, spikey_richie said:

100% filler episode, we never saw what happened to the Dr after she turned the dial up, and we only saw Elia once more when she was communicating with MG.

Disagree, I felt it absolutely contextualised so much. The New Republic is not the utopian success that they want people to believe, the remnants have been able to access levels within and that Gideon still had loyal followers. It also pushed the idea that within the remnant, there are competing factions, with vastly different agendas for the use of clone tech (Gideons dark troopers, the forthcoming Joruus plot alongside Thrawn).

• Like 2

On 23/04/2023 at 07:27, Jim K said:

The season was ok.  Getting sick of Grogu ... to the point I wish he had stayed with Luke to ultimately get murdered by Kylo.  I understand Disney needs to sell Grogu merch.

Yeah, there is no where to go with Grogu character. He ages to slow so will be a child for the near future and is more a pet for comic relief than an actual character. When the hell will he actually start to speak?

On 24/04/2023 at 13:27, Dick Montage said:

Disagree, I felt it absolutely contextualised so much. The New Republic is not the utopian success that they want people to believe, the remnants have been able to access levels within and that Gideon still had loyal followers. It also pushed the idea that within the remnant, there are competing factions, with vastly different agendas for the use of clone tech (Gideons dark troopers, the forthcoming Joruus plot alongside Thrawn).

fair

On 24/04/2023 at 08:15, spikey_richie said:

She showed up twice after that episode... the first was when Captain Carson Teva flies to Coruscant and meets with Tim Meadows' character.  The 2nd time is what you referenced in the back alley.  

S3 was the weakest season so far. With that said, I still enjoyed it. Pershing and Kane arcs were the weakest parts of S3 and took up way too much time.

I enjoyed Picard too. I need to catch up on other Trek shows.