The Mandalorian

On 02/03/2023 at 00:13, Dick Montage said:

So I’ve just watched S03E01… I hate to be that guy but… I’m not getting good vibes from it. Felt too obvious, too simplistic and leaning more into a Kennedy stance than a Favareau stance. Maybe we’ve been spoiled by the good ObiWan and the great Andor but this just felt a bit too happy, silly, fun, a to b to c… Let’s see how the season progresses, cos I really don’t want them to mess this up :(

ObiWan good? Mate... Have you got any of that stuff you're smoking, spare?  I could do with some escaping from reality right now... ;)

On 02/03/2023 at 19:35, Son_Of_Dad said:

If you consider ObiWan good than The Mandalorian was a masterpiece!

Season 1 and 2 were great yes. And yes I consider Obi Wan good.

I watched the first episode last night and it was safe. 

I'm hoping they ramp things up a little. Felt a little spoiled by how good the first season on Andor was. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 02:04, Dick Montage said:

Season 1 and 2 were great yes. And yes I consider Obi Wan good.

I agree, I enjoyed Obi Wan.  Book of Fett on the other hand... not so good.

• Like 2

On 06/03/2023 at 21:03, Innervisions33 said:

Book of Fett was a perfect example of what happens when Kennedy interferes with, and sabotages, Favreau's work.  Kenobi was... better... But had a LOT of issues with Mary Sue-ism and established history.

On 07/03/2023 at 03:31, FloatingFatMan said:
On 06/03/2023 at 21:03, Innervisions33 said:

Book of Fett was a perfect example of what happens when Kennedy interferes with, and sabotages, Favreau's work

100% - she has no right involving herself in storytelling, she’s a hack who relies upon cliches and tropes.

On 09/03/2023 at 18:10, hagjohn said:
  Hide contents

Holy ######. The next episode should be epic. What the ###### was that Greivous like thing?

it was pretty damn cool.

3 was good but not exactly what I was wanting from a Mando episode. The dog fight was cool though.

Also, not enough Grogu...

MORE GROGU!

• Like 3

On 16/03/2023 at 17:15, Zathras5 said:

3 was good but not exactly what I was wanting from a Mando episode. The dog fight was cool though.

Also, not enough Grogu...

MORE GROGU!

Loved this episode. It had some real intrigue and showed the New Republic to be massively flawed. Genuinely the best episode of S3 so far :)

Spoiler

Where the hell did that bird stash the foundling, before bringing it to her chicks in the morning?

On 24/03/2023 at 10:21, spikey_richie said:
  Hide contents

Where the hell did that bird stash the foundling, before bringing it to her chicks in the morning?

Spoiler

In its belly!

giphy.gif

Spoiler

But then it would have returned to the nest. It's like the bird chilled out overnight somewhere else, then arrived at the nest when the gang arrived; or is was a trap, and the bird used the foundling as bait knowing the other guys would show up.

On 24/03/2023 at 12:59, spikey_richie said:
  Hide contents

But then it would have returned to the nest. It's like the bird chilled out overnight somewhere else, then arrived at the nest when the gang arrived; or is was a trap, and the bird used the foundling as bait knowing the other guys would show up.

Spoiler

Bo-Katan even stated she followed it to its nest.  Why it didn't feed the foundlings at that time is another question...

Is it me but when the armorer was forging Grogu's rondel the back looked like it had some sort of circuity?

Though it was a short episode it was pretty good and got to see who saved Grogu during the Order 66 ordeal.

On 24/03/2023 at 17:09, primortal said:
  Hide contents

Is it me but when the armorer was forging Grogu's rondel the back looked like it had some sort of circuity?

Spoiler

On 05/04/2023 at 14:13, FloatingFatMan said:

OK, of all the actors I thought I might see appearing in Mando, Christopher Lloyd was not one of them!

Think I was more prepared to see him over Lizzo! Definitely an ensemble for this episode 

On 05/04/2023 at 21:28, dipsylalapo said:

Think I was more prepared to see him over Lizzo! Definitely an ensemble for this episode 

I had to google who that is... :p

Zod, I'm old!

On 05/04/2023 at 17:51, FloatingFatMan said:

I had to google who that is... :p

Zod, I'm old!

Don't feel bad I did the same...

Overall it was good episode.

Spoiler

I'm glad Bo-Katan didn't have to fight Din Djarin over the dark saber and that she also got her crew and ships back.

The scene with them in the Droid bar was pretty good and they too didn't want to be replaced with humans and they enjoyed working for them.