The Mandalorian


 Share

Recommended Posts

To me, the point of Rogue One was the fact that it was a tragedy from the get-go. No sense watering that down with, "We'll let these folks get away so it's not too depressing for the audience, because heaven forbid they can't handle it." The whole movie was about giving you the whole story behind a simple line from the previous movies about the lives and sacrifices made for the information. The fact that everyone died, even the characters you wanted to like, was exactly the point. It was a tragedy in the Shakespearean sense, not the watered down Millennial sense. I loved it.

 

Hollywood, as a whole, needs to start paying attention to the failures of their SJW initiative. They tried it with Ghostbusters, and it flopped hard. They've tried it in other movies and TV Shows, and they're flopping as well. I tried to watch the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch show and it's message was basically, "A girl can't win unless she cheats, and that's perfectly acceptable." That's not building UP women or their self-esteem, it's telling them they ARE weaker/dumber, and should seek alternative means to compensate for it.

 

And this notion that my generation was only filled with weak/worthless eye candy when it comes to females is freakin' stupid. In the Wonder Woman I grew up with, Steve Trevor was the sidekick, not Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. Charlies Angels went out and kicked ass while Bosley and Charlie sat on their asses. Etc. It's complete garbage, and the audience knows it, when you go out of your way to intentionally make "the other side" so weak/dumb that OF COURSE your side looks good... instead of actually giving them a story where they get to prove they're worth the respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/12/2020 at 01:45, Superuser said:

TBH I am so tired of insecure males getting their panties in a bunch (not referring to you) over every strong female character that comes about.

God I'm so tired of that excuse to make ###### "strong" female leads that we should just accept, otherwise it'd just clear we're insecure betas. I'm secure AF. I like movies with strong female leads, in fact now that I have a daughter I go way out of my way to make sure a greater portion of our entertainment is built around actually well-rounded strong (deserved) female leads. In fact my favourite movie ever, The Fifth Element, is lead by the strongest character (a female). The fact of the matter is the majority of these movies, where people like you need to constantly defend it by bashing people for not liking it by attacking their masculinity, exist with these criticisms you feel you must attack because these are NOT STRONG FEMALE LEADS. These are ###### mary sues with undeserved powers, respect and admiration whilst diminishing the integrity of the character of the males that dare oppose them mentally or physically. It's hogshit. It's clear agenda pushing and it's propagated solely by the inability of others to differentiate between deserved criticism and "toxic masculinity".

 

Give me movies like Lucy, Anna, The Fifth Element, Terminator 2, Alien, Hannah. And ###### off with Charlie's Angels where literally every single white guy is a bad guy (shocker), and all these other glorified statements of how terrible I am for being a male.

 

Now, I do believe females need their time in the spotlight with these action movies, and etc. But please stop doing it to the detriment of men, because it's sexist ###### and it needs to stop. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/12/2020 at 07:45, Superuser said:

TBH I am so tired of insecure males getting their panties in a bunch (not referring to you) over every strong female character that comes about.

I enjoy movies like Underworld and Resident Evil over other movies with a strong male lead.   Don't see why people have problems with that.  Even movies like Close on Netflix were pretty good as well .   There are of course some pretty crappy movies with a female lead but not any different from crappy movies with male leads.  Like Die Hard.  First few were great but the last few, meh. Lost something in the last few.  And I never enjoyed the Mission Impossible movies to much just because I am not a bug Tom Cruise fan.  Something about that guy bugs me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

 I am not a bug Tom Cruise fan.  Something about that guy bugs me.

I agree with you there but he does do some good films, which bugs me because I have to watch them and then swear at the screen because he's a scientologist nutter who probably scared his own wives to bits.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I agree with you there but he does do some good films, which bugs me because I have to watch them and then swear at the screen because he's a scientologist nutter who probably scared his own wives to bits.

He always has that smile which bugs me...comes off arrogant.  Maybe it is just me.  Everyone of his movies cept for Legend.  Which is funny since I liked Legend and did not know that was Cruise at the time until years later. I still have the DVD.  Tim Curry made the movie Legend anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, techbeck said:

He always has that smile which bugs me...comes off arrogant.  Maybe it is just me.  Everyone of his movies cept for Legend.  Which is funny since I liked Legend and did not know that was Cruise at the time until years later. I still have the DVD.  Tim Curry made the movie Legend anyway. 

Now I have to rewatch Legend and swear at my screen a few times, thanks :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, techbeck said:

glad I am not the only one.    😛

I think it is his smile.  It's the smile of someone who's just lost an argument to you, but has to smile in that snarky way that says "I'm taking the high ground and therefore I'm better than you".

 

Still, at least I'm not shooting blanks nor do I have to stand on a box next to tall women for movie posters, so screw you Cruise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dick Montage said:

I think it is his smile.  It's the smile of someone who's just lost an argument to you, but has to smile in that snarky way that says "I'm taking the high ground and therefore I'm better than you".

 

Still, at least I'm not shooting blanks nor do I have to stand on a box next to tall women for movie posters, so screw you Cruise!

yea,wonder how much it costs to make him look tall in his movies....haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neyht said:

Those are heels for men.

I’ve been known to wear a Cuban heel. Feels odd at first but massively adjusts your posture

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

I really like The Mandalorian. I enjoyed both 2 seasons. Jon and Dave are doing a great job with it and since they are fans of Star Wars, they know what the fans want.

 

Spoiler

Looks like Disney is hiring youtuber Shamook ... so I guess we will be seeing some deepfakes in upcoming seasons and the new series.

 

Luke was a bit umm, forced but I'm glad they used Mark instead of bringing in another actor to be the face and voice of the character. It just wouldn't be the same.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/12/2020 at 22:39, McCordRm said:

Hollywood, as a whole, needs to start paying attention to the failures of their SJW initiative. They tried it with Ghostbusters, and it flopped hard. They've tried it in other movies and TV Shows, and they're flopping as well. I tried to watch the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch show and it's message was basically, "A girl can't win unless she cheats, and that's perfectly acceptable." That's not building UP women or their self-esteem, it's telling them they ARE weaker/dumber, and should seek alternative means to compensate for it.

They also need to stop putting 1 homosexual in every movie. You would honestly think that over 1/2 the population is gay. So last weekend we watched a movie on Hulu called "Plan B" ...and what do you know 1/2 through the movie

Spoiler

one of the 2 female leads turned out to be gay 

 

Then we went over to Netflix to watch "Fear Street Part 1" ... and

Spoiler

the main female character is gay.

 

Then we watched watched part 2 and 3 and it turns out

 

Spoiler

in part 3 the Main character is also gay, though it also played by the same girl in part 1 so i'm not sure if that is to say they are related if they are it must run in the family. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/08/2021 at 22:17, warwagon said:

They also need to stop putting 1 homosexual in every movie. You would honestly think that over 1/2 the population is gay. So last weekend we watched a movie on Hulu called "Plan B" ...and what do you know 1/2 through the movie

  Hide contents

one of the 2 female leads turned out to be gay 

 

Then we went over to Netflix to watch "Fear Street Part 1" ... and

  Hide contents

the main female character is gay.

 

Then we watched watched part 2 and 3 and it turns out

 

  Hide contents

in part 3 the Main character is also gay, though it also played by the same girl in part 1 so i'm not sure if that is to say they are related if they are it must run in the family. 

 

Unless the movie is actually about relationships, I don't see why they have to bring gay OR straight stuff into a movie. Get on with the damn story and quit with the irrelevant BS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/08/2021 at 23:49, FloatingFatMan said:

Unless the movie is actually about relationships, I don't see why they have to bring gay OR straight stuff into a movie. Get on with the damn story and quit with the irrelevant BS!

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share