What have been your favorite Switch games so far?

Hey guys, João Carrasqueira here.

Just like last year, I'm working on an article to celebrate the anniversary of the Nintendo Switch. This time, there's actually two of them, and I'd like your help for one of them. Here's what I'm aiming for:

I want to make a list of the best games that have been released on the Switch for the past three years. This list is gonna have a few games chosen by myself, some chosen by you, and hopefully, some chosen by some Nintendo-focused YouTubers I'm reaching out to. The plan is to have a good, varied picture of the great games that are on the Switch, without it being focused solely on my opinion.

So here's what I'm asking from you - tell me your favorite game, or some of your favorite games, and write a couple of short sentences on why you like them. These can be indies, AAA titles, and even retro games included in the Switch Online collection. Let me know what's made you appreciate having a Switch. The games don't need to be Switch exclusives, but something you'd recommend getting on the Switch.

If the games you choose are also games I plan to include on the list, I may add your quote in addition to my own opinions, if not, they'll revolve entirely around your text.

Thanks in advance for the help, everyone!

I loved the Links Awakening remake. Some people didn't like the art style in it but I thought it fit well with the game.

edit: I never got the chance to play through the original gameboy version of the game so being able to play with updated controls/graphics is always welcome for a good classic. 

was the first game I got when I got my Switch Lite and thoroughly enjoyed beating it in a single weekend lol

Pokemon Sword/Shield are a great refresh to the pokemon series. It has some nice quality of life improvements. Can't wait for the DLCs to come out this year.

edit: I fell out of Pokemon games around Diamond/pearl due to getting bored with them. I tried Black/White, X/Y, and Sun/Moon but never beat any of them due to just getting bored part way through. Sword/Shield are the first Pokemon games I've thoroughly enjoyed again. I didn't feel like I had to grind all the time just to progress so that helped keep my attention. The story actually seemed good and kept my attention as well. The wild lands are quite the interesting concept that I like; what little grinding I did have to do was made easier by the early access to the wild lands and the areas of stronger pokemon it had. Can't wait to see how the DLCs expand the wild lands along with the new areas.

I know you didn't ask this part but a game I wish they'd release already would be a new Mario Kart. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is nice but I'd like some new tracks at this point instead of the same tracks that I played countless times on the Wii U already.

Edited by Brandon H
edited to add a couple sentences of what I liked per indospot's request

Dragon Quest 11 was really stand out for me this year, drove many hours into it. Also I think it stood apart, enough, from its previous ports due to the tweaks and extra Switch content. Graphics great, music great, really shows what a switch can do!

I'm absolutely in love with Fitness Boxing (which I use to actually exercise), and obviously Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Hey guys, thank you for your input so far. Please try to include a couple of sentences on why you like the games you mentioned. forster's submission is a good example of what I'm looking for. Keep in mind it can be a game from any year, though, and there's no worry about it being cliché, since not every popular game is necessarily something I would mention myself.

15 minutes ago, indospot said:

Hey guys, thank you for your input so far. Please try to include a couple of sentences on why you like the games you mentioned. forster's submission is a good example of what I'm looking for. Keep in mind it can be a game from any year, though, and there's no worry about it being cliché, since not every popular game is necessarily something I would mention myself.

updated my post with a few more details now that I had time to think things over :)

Hi guys, this article is set to be published within one week, so if there's anything you'd like to add, time is running out! It would be really great to have as much feedback from our community as possible.

Fav games in the switch...

1) breath of the wild

2) assassin's Creed 3 remastered

3) bulletstorm-duke of switch edition

4) Skyrim

5) Warframe

6) doom 3

So far that's my favs, I'm sure I'll add more I'm the coming  months

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...