Kenosha Shooting: 17-Year-Old Kyle Rittenhouse Arrested In Connection With Shooting That Left 2 Dead, 1 Wounded

14 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Are you saying you can't knock someone out with a skateboard?  Huber was trying to prevent others from being murdered and paid with his own life.

There wasn't a molotov thrown at the killer.

The 17 year old came illegally armed, was looking for trouble and ended two people lives.  He shouldn't be celebrated nor his "vigilante" actions be condoned.

after the first kill he was heading towards the police to turn himself in. The 2 rioters chased and attacked him. As someone said everything will depends on the first guy he shot. Can't believe everyone here is defending people who burn and loot American cities.

6 minutes ago, techbeck said:

1) WI is not Canada.  Also, there is a difference if say I was 16 years old in my house.  2) Someone breaks in to my house and I go and use a gun to protect myself.  As apposed to this situation with Rittenhouse.

1) This is why i said "But depending on the laws".

2) That's not an illegal use of a firearm.

7 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

after the first kill he was heading towards the police to turn himself in. The 2 rioters chased and attacked him. As someone said everything will depends on the first guy he shot. Can't believe everyone here is defending people who burn and loot American cities.

No he wasn't. He fled back to his home state. Now there has to be an extradition hearing. That's not the actions of someone going to turn himself in. And nobody is defending rioters. What reality are you living in?

The critical thinking, or lack of, you and basically half 30% of the country displays is truly astounding. 

3 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Who is "defending people who burn and loot American cities" ???

3 minutes ago, shockz said:

No he wasn't. He fled back to his home state. Now there has to be an extradition hearing. That's not the actions of someone going to turn himself in. And nobody is defending rioters. What reality are you living in?

The critical thinking, or lack of, you and basically half 30% of the country displays is truly astounding. 

You should ease up on the aggression and generalizations...  The reports are that he turned himself in.  Kenosha is right on the border and it's fair to say he wanted to get some distance away from the crowds.

https://www.kxxv.com/news/america-in-crisis/kyle-rittenhouse-charged-with-homicide-in-kenosha-shootings-that-killed-two-protesters

14 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Can't believe everyone here is defending people who burn and loot American cities.

I don't think anyone here is defending the burning or looting of cities.   I have commented several times that this is unacceptable. 

40 minutes ago, wakjak said:

he didnt turn himself in. he went home to his own bed and slept. That's the very opposite of turning yourself in.

So you're just going to ignore the article I posted...  Clearly states he turned himself in...

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

So you're just going to ignore the article I posted...  Clearly states he turned himself in...

Think there is some confusion here.  He turned him self in at the end, but not when the shootings happened.  When he has his hands up, right after the shootings walking towards the cops, it is unclear whether he was surrendering, or just showing the cops he was not a threat.  In the end, he turned himself in but that was after he had went home.

kinda hard to surrender right after you shot someone when 2 rioter starts attacking you on the streets.

After reading everyones comments and info online, I really do believe he will get hit with crossing state line but thats still in the air. The 3 people he shot were known felons out rioting and instigating the situation. I believe the one with the missing bicep had a gun. We need more details on the first guy but it does seems like our boy is going to walk. tisk, if everyone had stay home this wouldn't have happen. smh

6 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

kinda hard to surrender right after you shot someone when 2 rioter starts attacking you on the streets.

After reading everyones comments and info online, I really do believe he will get hit with crossing state line but thats still in the air. The 3 people he shot were known felons out rioting and instigating the situation. I believe the one with the missing bicep had a gun. We need more details on the first guy but it does seems like our boy is going to walk. tisk, if everyone had stay home this wouldn't have happen. smh

He may get hit will illegal possession of a firearm as well.  Which could mean a year in jail.  His is a minor, yes, but close to be 18 so lot of times people get tried as an adult. 

And really does not matter if the other were felons or not really.  It is who instigated things and if Rittenhouse's life was in danger and if this was self defense or not.

I don't really see the point in arguing over him turning himself in right away vs turning himself in after a few hours. In the grand scheme of things they really aren't much different given the circumstances. Suffice to say, this guy is going to get hit hard with all the crap he pulled.

13 minutes ago, techbeck said:

He may get hit will illegal possession of a firearm as well.  Which could mean a year in jail.  His is a minor, yes, but close to be 18 so lot of times people get tried as an adult. 

And really does not matter if the other were felons or not really.  It is who instigated things and if Rittenhouse's life was in danger and if this was self defense or not.

He'll definitely get tried as an adult.  There's a lot of angles on this one, but I'd be shocked if he somehow doesn't get jail time.  I agree with you that it'll be illegal firearm possession, at a minimum.  There's probably something else about wielding an unconcealed rifle in city limits, whatever that may be.

DA charged the kid with out looking at the evidence.

He did not cross state line with the gun.

He was there to protect a business b/c the owner asked him to.

NYT said there was a gun shot (not from him) first
someone tried to take his gun (now he fire off his gun)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-working-lifeguard-kenosha-day-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/

49 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-working-lifeguard-kenosha-day-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/

Get more source to back up those claims. There are zero sources linked anywhere on that link you shared.

edit:: I'll accept your lack of reply as an admission that there are no sources to back up your claims.

Edited by timster
  • Facepalm 2

On 8/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, TheLaughingMan said:

Still not going to change the fact that he should not have been there.  Owner can ask him to be there all he wants but it is not his job to do so.     Plus, as far as I know, he still illegally had the weapon regardless if he crossed state lines with it or not.

You have a young dumb inexperienced kid that thought he knew better than those who are trained to handle situations like this.  And from the videos, he sounds like a hot head and people like that escalate issues and tensions among the people.   Was reading earlier that over the weekend there was 160 or so people arrested.  100+ of those did not even live in the area.  The end results is 2 dead, 1 injured, and him being arrested and brought up on charges.  All this could have been avoided if he stayed home. Business owners, if they are smart, have insurance to cover things like this.  And any business owner, if they asked an under aged inexperienced kid to protect their place, is an idiot.

Even if he is not found guilty, still not going to change my opinion of what I said above.

Edited by techbeck
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 30/08/2020 at 08:27, TheLaughingMan said:

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/update-rittenhouse-extradition-from-illinois-to-wisconsin-on-hold/article_1f542331-211c-532a-b6c5-715678e6acd8.html

alot of videos of the shooting, chasing the kid and attacking him and even of him giving the reason he's there.

Some Americans, like some of the members on this forum, and the DA, don't care about the evidence. They have an agenda. Some of them, like the DA, might even be bought.

• Facepalm 1

REPORT: Kenosha man charged with illegally buying gun for Kyle Rittenhouse

KENOSHA COUNTY (WQOW) - The man who purchased the gun Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly used in shootings that killed two in Kenosha earlier this year is now facing charges and court documents show the gun was bought in Ladysmith.

Dominick Black, 19, is charged with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 causing death.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Court:

Black purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle from Ladysmith Ace Home Center up in Ladysmith on May 1, 2020.

The complaint says Black bought the gun with money from Rittenhouse with the intention of giving the gun to him.

Rittenhouse was 17 at the time and thus not of legal age to buy a gun in Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse and Black agreed the gun would be stored at Black's stepfather's home in Kenosha. The address of that home matches the address listed for Black on the criminal complaint.

On August 23, Jacob Blake was shot in Kenosha which led to protests and riots in the city.

https://waow.com/2020/11/09/gun-used-by-rittenhouse-in-kenosha-killings-was-bought-in-ladysmith-complaint-states/

• 1 year later...

Where to start? 

Under WI law (and most other states) the legal test for self-defense is what was in the defender's mind mind at that moment, not the other guy. He/she must reasonably believe  his life, or that of another, was in imminent danger or at risk of great bodily harm. Some states have added sexual assault.

Is it legal to openly carry a firearm, pistol or long arm  (rifle/shotgun), in Wisconsin?

Yes, and no permit is required. Carrying a concealed weapon requires a permit. Very similar to here in Michigan.

Does the locale being a city or rural matter?

No. There is an age limit of 18 for Open Carry with some exceptions for those age 15 - 17.  The law is rather vaguely written, so KR being 17 may not be an issue. Interviews with WI lawyers who handle these cases think he gets a pass on this.

Opinion

Watched this week's testimony, tapes, etc.  

Gaige Grosskreutz (shot in arm & survived): 

Yellow sheet; felony burglary, possession of illegal weapons, parole violation, etc. At Kenosha he was illegally carrying a concealed Glock without a permit.

KR was basically grounded, then GG testified;

Defense attorney: “It wasn’t until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him…that he fired, right?” 

Grosskreutz: “Correct”

This aggressive move was justification for KR to fire, and for an acquittal on this charge.

Haven't looked at the others in detail yet, but the prosecutor may have tossed the whole trial into the toilet by introducing material the judge had specifically excluded. The judge went flippin'  thermonuclear. The defense has asked for a mistrial with prejudice, meaning no re-trial, and the judge doesn't seem too impressed with the prosecutions case to begin with.

(12 min)

He is going to get off. 

That judge has shown clear bias from the very beginning (such as the prosecutors couldn't describe the people Kyle killed "victims" but the defense could describe them as a "rioters", "looters" and "arsonists")

• Like 3

On 11/11/2021 at 19:34, DocM said:

Haven't looked at the others in detail yet, but the prosecutor may have tossed the whole trial into the toilet by introducing material the judge had specifically excluded. The judge went flippin'  thermonuclear. The defense has asked for a mistrial with prejudice, meaning no re-trial, and the judge doesn't seem too impressed with the prosecutions case to begin with.

I watched that video and it left me confused.  It seems to me that Rittenhouse having stated 2 weeks earlier that he wished he had his gun with him so he could kill looters is VERY VERY RELEVANT to what happened that night, yet the judge disallowed it?  Why?!  It shows a clear propensity towards murder...

• Like 3

I'm torn on this, on the one hand it does look like it was self-defense, which I guess is all that matters. On the other hand, the photos of him walking around with an assault rifle, he's was either going to look just look like a gun loving nut, or was actually going to pull the trigger, kill someone and have to face the consequences. In this case I think he managed to do both.