What was the last movie you watched? (2021 edition)

On 04/12/2021 at 12:16, Fleet Command said:

Let me guess: It's about a guy who beats up other guys to save the universe. The antagonist is someone immortal, immoral, or immune, who wants to open a dimensional portal to Dormamu/Thanos/Ether/End of Time/(Something nasty), which comes every once in a (n * 10 ^ m) years during celestial alignment. And then, during credits, a scene plays in which someone does something he or she wasn't supposed to do. And I'm guessing there are ten rings that are either made of Vibranium or Infinity Stones.

,🤢🤮🤕

• Haha 1

Last one - Halloween Kills.

One before that, Santa Slays.  Bill Goldberg plays an evil Santa.  A good film especially if you like horror comedies with quite a few unusual kills.

On 04/12/2021 at 12:16, Fleet Command said:

Let me guess: It's about a guy who beats up other guys to save the universe. The antagonist is someone immortal, immoral, or immune, who wants to open a dimensional portal to Dormamu/Thanos/Ether/End of Time/(Something nasty), which comes every once in a (n * 10 ^ m) years during celestial alignment. And then, during credits, a scene plays in which someone does something he or she wasn't supposed to do. And I'm guessing there are ten rings that are either made of Vibranium or Infinity Stones.

Exactly! But this one has dragons! DRAGONS! :)

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Don’t Look Up on Netflix, solid performance from DiCaprio who is personally invested in the climate crisis. I feel like it is an Idiocracy type film for the modern times, it also very clearly spells out that news media (the likes of CNN and FOX, so both side ok guys?) has failed us all.

It made me sad for things to come (2022 mid terms, 2024 etc) but y'all seem to want the crazy anti-science dumbfuckery! 😂😂😂

BTW it was apparently written before the pandemic hit too, so take of that what you will heh.

• Like 4

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Really enjoyed it, no political message being rammed down my throat and the humor was spot on. The chemistry between Shaun and Katy was really good.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2021 at 02:29, Steven P. said:

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Really enjoyed it, no political message being rammed down my throat and the humor was spot on. The chemistry between Shaun and Katy was really good.

And there were dragons in it! DRAGONS! At least, Xenon is very excited about them. (See above.)

• Steven P. locked and unpinned this topic