India tour of Pakistan

Steve Bucknor is a really good umpire. Don't know what happened to him in these series.

:no: ..

A little history about Steve Bucknor and his Umpiring

In Australia, during the VB Series, the Indian team management had lodged a protest against Bucknor for his "unbecoming conduct" during the day-night game against Australia in Sydney.

Bucknor had rolled his fingers over the ball when Dravid arrived in to bat, in an obvious reference to an incident from the previous game when the Indian vice-captain was fined 50 per cent of his match fees for getting a little of a boiled sweet on the ball in contravention of the rules.

The insinuation was blatant, but ICC Match Referee Clive Lloyd did not do much about the report except file it away.

:no: ..

A little history about Steve Bucknor and his Umpiring

In Australia, during the VB Series, the Indian team management had lodged a protest against Bucknor for his "unbecoming conduct" during the day-night game against Australia in Sydney.

Bucknor had rolled his fingers over the ball when Dravid arrived in to bat, in an obvious reference to an incident from the previous game when the Indian vice-captain was fined 50 per cent of his match fees for getting a little of a boiled sweet on the ball in contravention of the rules.

The insinuation was blatant, but ICC Match Referee Clive Lloyd did not do much about the report except file it away.

That's just one other incident out of his entire career, that does not change the fact he is a good umpire. However, he has been very poor in this series, no doubt about that.

day2 :- india 261-4 after tea, india looking good.

DAMN , shoaib akthar is balling like we are used to .. He crushed LAXMANS middle stump . I really admire shoaib for his brute bowling. He is such a great athlete.

His last two overs before tea were just unbelievable.and now with second new ball , he is balling at his top. I Compare him to Micheal Johnson (track&feild) USA in terms of charisma , power, atheletism.

Only two days have gone but it looks like so much cricket has been played. I am please there is good cricket which is making headlines rather than other things (pitch , umpires, weather.) Hope it continues...

and have INDIA found a New generation of bowlers ? damn IRFAN PATHAN, BALAJI, NEHRA, ZAHEER KHAN all are looking good .. good for cricktet and india i guess.

day2 :- india 261-4 after tea, india looking good.

DAMN , shoaib akthar is balling like we are used to .. He crushed LAXMANS middle stump . I really admire shoaib for his brute bowling. He is such a great athlete.

His last two overs before tea were just unbelievable.and now with second new ball , he is balling at his top. I Compare him to Micheal Johnson (track&feild) USA in terms of charisma , power, atheletism.

Only two days have gone but it looks like so much cricket has been played. I am please there is good cricket which is making headlines rather than other things (pitch , umpires, weather.) Hope it continues...

and have INDIA found a New generation of bowlers ? damn IRFAN PATHAN, BALAJI, NEHRA, ZAHEER KHAN all are looking good .. good for cricktet and india i guess.

WTF is balling? You mean bowling??? Cant you even type that properly?? :huh: :blink: :wacko:

i saw the highlights when laxman got bold

but i think they were saying something abt the sidescreen. because of that he didnt see the ball and got bold. didnt catch the whole thing i was in a hurry.

WTF is balling? You mean bowling??? Cant you even type that properly?? :huh: :blink: :wacko:

WTF english is not our first language, hindi IS. :whistle:

or Urdu. :D.

And what wrong wiht you bonobozoot. People can make mistakes. It can wither be balling or bowling because I am used to both. It really doesn't matter. But bowling is the correct way. :)

India 600 all out. Dravid made an outstanding 270.

Pakistan are 49/2 now. They are trailing by almost 330 runs. This game is in the bag for India.

WTF english is not our first language, hindi IS.  :whistle:

I am not questioning what your first language is. All I am saying is that if you want to speak/write in English, do it in such a way that everyone can understand it. Not all Americans understand the difference between balling and bowling. You are here in an English-language based forum so it's only normal that you use English properly. If you want to use your local language, PM or email among yourselves to communicate. Not everyone will understand it when you type in your local language here.

btw, I'm also an Indian so I am not trying to belittle or denigrade your ability to converse in English in any way. If you think like that, my apologies to you on that.

India has won a historic win. Congratulations to all Indians. :)

Well, I guess this is the end of this thread and this was my first "hot" thread. I thank you all for participating and sharing your views.

Cheers :)