• Internet Explorer
    • IE Alternative (MyIE2, etc)
    • Netscape
    • Safari
    • Konqueror
    • Lynx
    • K-Meleon
    • Other

Apart from other minor niggles, I dislike the way that Firefox displays it's Favourites/Bookmarks.

I like to keep all the Folders together & then display any loose urls underneath, similar to IE, Opera displays like this aswell.

If someone knows how to view Favourites/Bookmarks that way then I'd really appreciate guidance. :)

just open up the manager and you can drag it however you like. it might be possible to even move the stuff from within the menu, like IE.

This Poll is over 2.5 Years old.

Creating a new poll was a good idea.

Closing it was dumb.

yes because it is impossible to reset a poll to make it more current :rolleyes:

Firefox is obviously gonna completely steal the show in upcoming months. Remember that it's still currently only a 'Preview Release'.

It's only a matter of time before the software reaches 1.00

Ah..yes..the magical 1.0, when firefox suddently becomes perfect.

No, but businesses tend only to install software when it reaches 1.0. They don't tend to roll out beta software.

No, but businesses tend only to install software when it reaches 1.0. They don't tend to roll out beta software.

Apparently you havent seen many people on here talk about the golden magical 1.0 release, the opera and IE killer. The be all end all browser. The perfect browser.

I haven't liked IE in a very long time. I used Netscape back in the day until it went downhill. Switched to Opera after that and started using firefox/firebird/phoenix around build 0.6. I do occasionally miss Opera, but I am just too cheap to pay for a web browser. Even a good one like Opera.

I prefer Opera myself. Sure, firefox is open source, and has some nice plugins, but with Opera, I have everything I like already in it. Mouse gestures are better done in Opera (can't live without them), page rendering seems faster, The interface I find more intuitive, has a great email client, and I just feel more comfortable using it. Well worth the $$.

My only gripe is that it still doesn't work with Gmail... the only reason I have firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

FireFox has this extension called Context Menu Extensions by Piro that is the ultimate in writing your own browser extensions that get added to various context menus. It has a small editor and developer environment and you program in Javascript with lots of browser methods available to get access to your current window, other tabs, and things from your operating system.

I have one script that will take your Etrade or Fidelity portfolio and load it into QuoteTracker (streaming realtime quotes and charts). I have another one that will do Max Pain options analysis on a list of ticker symbols returning one page of analysis for each ticker symbol.

I have another that will put the url for a bigcharts chart if you supply a ticker symbol along with the img tags for insertion into a bulletin board. Now you may wonder why that's hard. The reason that it's hard is that you can't just put the ticker symbol in a URL. The ticker symbol is translated into a number which is in the URL of the chart. So the script opens a page with the ticker and then reads through the returned HTML code looking for the chart image url. It then assembles it and puts it into the clipboard so that you can just paste it into your bulletin board.

I spent some time on the Opera boards asking how you can do something like this and all I got was deafening silence.

This stuff could be implemented as an extension too but I find that I can do rapid development using CME.

The reason I love Firefox is that it's so flexible. There are over 50 themes(several are not list on update.mozilla.org) and over 100 extensions for Firefox.

You can customize it to suit your need. Many extension able to copy others web browser ability, such as Opera mouse gesture, MyyIE2 Super Drag&Go....

Here is my Firefox, I have GMail notifier, and Weather alert right in the browser.

original.jpg

Edited by Kasteo

Well lets look at the facts.....

Firefox[GLOW=red]

MANY more and much better features (multi tab browsing is cool for example)

Faster

More reliable

Not microsoft

more customizable

open source

Stable as can be

Free

Great Help option

Wicked plug-ins

No spyware/adware

User friendly

Supports encryption (like most web browsers do)

Sleek (IE seems laggy/unprofessional)......... Firefox has way better skins

I always always always used IE.... then my uncle told me about Mozilla Firefox ............ and now i can not stand using IE........... can not stand it at all

now when i go over to a friends and they have IE i dont even use the web browser. And everyone i have told about firefox as not gone back and probably wont go back

but for linux i love Konqueror

just my opinion thanks ;) ;) :D :D

I just wish mozilla firefox could open up exe by clicking open like IE does I miss that the most. :(

indeed :(

firefox is a little slower than IE on my laptop too, plus i hate when sites are designed only for IE or Netscape. =/

i'm really between IE and firefox, though.

I'm a new user to Mozilla Firefox and i am just astounded by how much i prefer it to IE, just the multitabs function is incredibly useful and leads me to prefer it over IE and many other browsers.

The reason I love Firefox is that it's so flexible. There are over 50 themes(several are not list on update.mozilla.org) and over 100 extensions for Firefox.

You can customize it to suit your need. Many extension able to copy others web browser ability, such as Opera mouse gesture, MyyIE2 Super Drag&Go....

Here is my Firefox, I have GMail notifier, and Weather alert right in the browser.

http://www.pbase.com/image/32301509/original.jpg

That's a hell of a system you have there.

• 3 weeks later...