Neowin's Fantasy Baseball Group

Hi,

Could someone tell me how this works? What this is all about? How different from the NFL picks we made?

I have signed up but the rules are confusing for me to understand. What am I supposed to do now that I missed the deadlne for the draft?  :cry:  :pinch:  :ermm:  :$

basically the players shown on your team page are your team. Your success will depend on how they perform on the field. You'll notice you have bench players, so you can decide which ones are active and which are benched, in case of injury or slump. You'll be able to make trades and release players as you choose. Depending on which type of league this is you will:

A) be matched up against another team each week, point values will be assigned to each kind of statistic, and whichever of the two teams has the most points at the end of the week will earn a victory that week and the other team will get the loss, and this will go on and lead to a playoff at the end.

or

B) stats will be grouped, and lets say the team with the most HRs will get 10 points, 2nd most will get 9, and so on down the line for all the stats, then team with the most points wins

I think this will be under type A, but im not sure.

oh, and missing the draft is no biggie. The players were preranked by yahoo, and if you did not change the rankings, each round you were assigned the highest ranked remaining player from a position you need. You can always make adjustments.

basically the players shown on your team page are your team.

Thanks a lot for that info but can I change the players? Or am I allowed to pick only from the reserves?

how were the players assigned to a person? was it random or did i miss something so that i didnt pick the right one?

Thanks a lot for that info but can I change the players? Or am I allowed to pick only from the reserves?

how were the players assigned to a person? was it random or did i miss something so that i didnt pick the right one?

if you want a player thats already on another team, youll have to work out a trade with them. if you want to just drop a player for someone else, youll be able to pick from the players who werent drafted.

The players were ranked by yahoo ahead of time, best player at #1. When your turn in the draft came up, if you werent present, the highest ranked player of a position that you still need a player in was assigned to your team.

Hey everyone...it's been brought to my attention that we don't know who is who....

My team is...well, BOOG.

Please respond with the name of your team, so we can associate your team with...well...you. :)

Hey everyone...it's been brought to my attention that we don't know who is who....

My team is...well, BOOG.

Please respond with the name of your team, so we can associate your team with...well...you.?:))

that's me with the idea, BOOG.;)):happy::

Here's the list I have compiled so far and since you are the mod, add them accordingly as people submit info. From this thread so far, I have gotten this list. BOOG, i hope, will add and update this and put in the first post on the front page.:DD :yes::

crappy formatting from notepad:argh:::angry::

Neowin Name---Yahoo Team ID

BOOGSoftball---BOOG

myie2_user---Pitt Pirates

Bonobozoot---Bono's Team

theWild---Outcasts

StevoFC---Panther

glazzz---Chezheads

CatnipOligarthy---Yankees Suck