Whats your Processor Temp?

113 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your Processor Temp?

• 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60

I have mine set in the BIOS to shutdown if it ever reaches 80 C. ANd i get a warning sound when i hit 70 C.

Yeah Faction i have AIM. I have to allow you on my contact list though else you won't know im online. ;) I use the same name.

1. 1 GHz Thunderbird B - 33 C

2. 1.4 GHz Thunderbird C @ 1.25 GHz - 63 C (100 MHz x 12.5 MHz)

3. 1.4 GHz Thunderbird C - 42 C

So the second one is being over clocked with a standard coolong fan.

The first two machines have 2 case fans.

The 3rd one has 4 case fans and hovers on the desk.

faction mine usually sits around 49?C when under 0% load, 55?C under max load, but today it was 38?:( :( so it got up to 62?C when calcuating xp k:ps :p i got scared, opened up the case and put a massive fan onto it. took it down to 5:D?C :D

btw i have a athlon 1.4ghz, not the best chip for low temperatu:/s. :/ AMD chips always run hot. does anyone know the temp that is 'dangerous' for the cpu?

Originally posted by oDD  

faction mine usually sits around 49?C when under 0% load, 55?C under max load, but today it was 38?:( :( so it got up to 62?C when calcuating xp k:ps :p i got scared, opened up the case and put a massive fan onto it. took it down to 5:D?C :D

btw i have a athlon 1.4ghz, not the best chip for low temperatu:/s. :/ AMD chips always run hot. does anyone know the temp that is 'dangerous' for the cpu?

they say 90C on the AMD site.

anyway faction, if ya chip dies either:

- take it back to where you bought it from and demand that they send it off to AMD to get it replaced, enough yelling in their face always works :p

or

- mail it off to AMD stating that the quality of their products are poor and demand a replacement chip and they'll probably send you 10 for your troubles :p (well it works with breakfast cereal companies :p)

not that ive ever done the above, but ive heard of ppl who have :D

My tbird 1.2 is at 28 C....but I have watercooling so I guess that means I am cheating :-). Oh I also cant hear it!!!

But anyway, yeah 55C is a tad high, but a XP 1700 spits out a lot of heat, so thats probably not too bad of a temp. Not to say it cant be better!

AMD makes great chips, but they need to find some way to lower their temps, a die shrink or something! I am seriously thinking of dropping the extra $100-200 on my next cpu just to get a cool p4. Who cares if it scores a few points lower on some random benchmark.

I dont know what to tell you faction, those XP's are heat engines! I think you will find if you look around that 55 C is normal if you are using average cooling gear. You wont be able to reduce it by much without blowing out your ears or buying a water rig.

And I dont know about you, but amd is full of it when they say 90 C is the max (die temp or probe)! Anyone who lets their cpu run at that sort of temp should be shot. But you have to give them a medal first for actually getting it to run at that temp!

Hugs and kisses,

Kibler :) :lick: :cool: :p :rambo: :old: :ditsy: :o :D :p

Originally posted by Kibler  

I dont know what to tell you faction, those XP's are heat engines!  

And I dont know about you, but amd is full of it when they say 90 C is the max (die temp or probe)! Anyone who lets their cpu run at that sort of temp should be shot. But you have to give them a medal first for actually getting it to run at that temp!

Yup.. i agree with that. I use to have a PIII 866 and that rarely went over 35 C. XP's just run hot plain and simple. Anything under 60 Faction i wouldnt worry too much about. ;)

btw: And by max die temp i think they mean that is just the absolute limit before your rig reaches critical mass and causes another Chernobyl. :p :D

Greetz

Originally posted by Neo The One 200  

AMD Tbird 1,4Ghz -> 48? C (0% load) - 55? C (full load).

That's with the case open. b>

i have the same chip and same temp's, good to see that my chip temp is norma:D:D tho i have a 7000rpm fan on it (loud) and three more fans in my case (making it very loud).. hmm