Whats your Processor Temp?

113 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your Processor Temp?

• 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60

Originally posted by uniacid  

Hmm this is the lowest i've seen mine about :D, but usally its 30C-45C and i gotta get a better cpu fan for it b/c on full load it goes too 60C+

temp.jpg

Thats not a proper reading lol. your cpu reading should always be higher than mobo.

Originally posted by Keldyn  

btw: And by max die temp i think they mean that is just the absolute limit before your rig reaches critical mass and causes another Chernobyl. :p :D  

lol, yea it would be nice if AMD would package some 150 ft cooling towers with their chips :p

I'm really disapointed, I installed HMonitor on my system and it read all the temps. fine for the first 10mins. maybe and then they all went away except the voltage displays.

I've got an MSI 6547 with an SiS 645 Chipset.. I looked on the Hmonitor site to see what they are compatible with and mine hardware doesn't show up :(

It just really peeves me that it worked for 10mins. and then it cut off, I don't understand that.

im goin to get the dragon orb 3 i think...i have a athlonxp 2000 and using a TT volcano 7 and the fans only running at like 2700rpm and the temp from asus probe is 54 degrees...

if the dragon orb3 doesnt work as well..then me just gonna give back and get my money back ;) get some enermax xase fans as well

I have an A7A266 with an athlon tbird 1.4 (100 x 14) and it reads 51C with a thermaltake volcano 5 and 5 cae fans. Hmmm somethings wrong here. I think the damn heat sensor reads high cuz air blowing out of comp is cool.

nah.. it's not wrong.. the older AMDs run hot at high MHz. I have my 1.2Ghz running at 1.4Ghz now and it's at 50C so that's just about right. I'd suggest going to 133FSB though and a lower multiplier.. same speed but better performance! 10 X 140 should be just right....

cpu1.JPG

cpu.JPG

yeah it does.. The CPU wouldn't be overclocked.. just the FSB which is the motherboard so it should be fine. The processor will still be running at 1.4ghz so no big deal there... overclocking the board would give your system a bigger boost. Maybe you're board can't do it or just that your CPU is multiplier locked so just check out tom's Hardware to unlock your CPU and you'll be fine if your Mobo can change those settings. My CPU was multiplier unlocked from the factory so i didn't have to do anything :)

Tomorrow i might try to overclock this puppy a lil higher by using the dragon orb 3 i got in the room. It's a 7000RPM fan and it's loud as hell. The fan i got now is 31.0dBa and that's nice and quiet but that other fan is mad loud! I'm gonna try it out anyways to see how high and can OC my PC!

HAHA i got this temp crap figured out now. I called my boss (I work at a comp place) and asked him and he said he was told by ASUS that the thermal sensors on the A7A266 read 10C higher than the actual temp!. So my cpu gets to a max of 53C at absolute full load :) and not 63C as the dumb mobo says :p. So faction if i'm not mistaken u have an A7A266 and this means that ur temps are 40-45C and not 50-55C.

hehe... told ya! There was this other kid with a 1GHz CPU too that he was running at 10 X 100 and i told him that the CPU would work at a higher FSB since it wasn't being overclocked but NOOOOO he didn't believe me. Oh well... did you go to 10 X 140 or 10.5 X 133! The 140 is better cuz of the obvious but hehe..... welcome to the world of higher than 100MHz FSB!

LMAO shes 133x10.5. I fi ever get better cooling for the damn thing i'll overclock and have some fun but untill then this is it. I kinda had fun unlocking my tbird to run at a higher bus speed :D