Bertuzzi under Police Investigation

Vancouver Canuck Todd Bertuzzi is under police investigation for his attack on Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore. B.C.'s solicitor general made the announcement Tuesday in Victoria.

The NHL suspended Bertuzzi indefinitely after he punched and shoved Moore face first onto the ice during a game Monday night in front of a stunned sellout crowd at General Motors Place in Vancouver.

According to a statement from the Avalanche, Moore remained in hospital Tuesday with a concussion, neck injuries and facial lacerations as a result of the attack, which left him lying unconscious in a pool of blood for several minutes. Moore was carried off the ice on a stretcher.

"Todd feels awful about it and is very sorry," Canucks captain Markus Naslund said after the game.

Moore was the player who checked Naslund in a Feb. 16 match, giving the Canucks' captain a concussion that put him out of action for three games.

Commentators were quick to call Bertuzzi's attack on Moore an act of belated revenge for Naslund's injury. Canuck forward Brad May confirmed that there was a "bounty" on Moore leading into the game.

Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix denied those allegations.

"We should look at this as a sport filled with energy, a sport filled with emotion and we all understand it was a wrongdoing.The league knows about it and appropriate action will be taken," said Lacroix.

Colorado went on to win the game 9-2.

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/03/09/bertu...40309?klipfolio

Atleast be a man and hit the gun from the front, not coming up from the back. As much as I like Hockey's eye for an eye style, that was uncalled for but I don't think charges are the way to go, it's the nature of the game (ie. you hurt my teammate, i'll hurt you).

Atleast be a man and hit the gun from the front, not coming up from the back. As much as I like Hockey's eye for an eye style, that was uncalled for but I don't think charges are the way to go, it's the nature of the game (ie. you hurt my teammate, i'll hurt you).

I understand your point and agree, however in this case, he was defensless. Hit from behind and driven face first into the ice. He could have easly been killed.

anyone know where you would be able to watch a video of that hit?

I missed it and would like to see it just so i can get my 2 cents on it

anyone know where you would be able to watch a video of that hit?

I missed it and would like to see it just so i can g

espn has a clip on the main page, you may have to get espn motion installed.

Suspension of 10 games, at the most. Even though it was a horrible sucker punch, the guy went down like a bag of bones really easily (which puts into question this guy's intentions) but his act went sour when Bertuzzi fell on him and two aves piled on him right after.

I see no reason why they should condemn Bert, as both teams and fans have done. Moore's hit on Naslund was flat out cheap, and Moore knew revenge was on the way but didn't want to take it like a man.

As I always said, last nite's game was not hockey. It was surreal.

Cheers (I hope :unsure: )

Just saw the replay... Bertuzzi is a puss. I have never liked him. Moore is a rookie and to get nailed liek that from a veteran is unexcusable. Bertuzzi should be suspended for the rest or the season as well as playoffs. Hopefully the Canucks will win the cup and he will realize what a puss he is when his name won't be on it.

What is the difference between his actions and McSorley?

Suspension of 10 games, at the most. Even though it was a horrible sucker punch, the guy went down like a bag of bones really easily (which puts into question this guy's intentions) but his act went sour when Bertuzzi fell on him and two aves piled on him right after.

I see no reason why they should condemn Bert, as both teams and fans have done. Moore's hit on Naslund was flat out cheap, and Moore knew revenge was on the way but didn't want to take it like a man.

ignorant

Atleast be a man and hit the gun from the front, not coming up from the back.  As much as I like Hockey's eye for an eye style, that was uncalled for but I don't think charges are the way to go, it's the nature of the game (ie. you hurt my teammate, i'll hurt you).

well, the whole point is to beat the sh!t out of someone and not get scratched in return

i would not like to be beaten back

i think it was a FLAWLESS VICTORY :ninja:

edit: typo

well, the whole point is to beat the sh!t out of someone and not get scratched in return

i think it was a FLAWLESS VICTORY :ninja:

:unsure:

i think it was a FLAWLESS VICTORY  :ninja:

i think you should move your bottom down to america you ignorant copulation and stop making our country look bad

Using profanity looks silly. Please don't usurp the swear filter....BOOG

Edited by BOOGSoftball

retard. First of all, Bertuzzi was stalking him from the Vancouver zone for like 15secs before he layed that punch, then grabbed Moore's sweater and pulled him and punched him with the other hand. It looked as if Moore was out from the punch before he even hit the ice. Bertuzzi tackled him and was ready to serve him more of a beating, if it wasnt for the Avs players, Bertuzzi would be tooling on a defensless Moore with a cracked vertabrae and a broken jaw... who knows how worse it would have gotten if Moore's teamates didnt jump on Bertuzzi. Imagine going ot the hospital and beating the **** out of someone in a bad car accident... thank god Moore's teammates were nearby to prevent any more cowardly acts by Bertuzzi

in a case like this, Bertuzzi should AT LEAST be out for the rest of the saeson and the playoffs, without pay. Hopefuly its in a jail cell crowded with Avs fans. Moore's check was clean. Naslund had his head down almost near center ice. What do u expect? Naslund should know better. Moore did nothing more than clip naslund on his way to the bench and as mentioned before, there was no penalty called. I agree with getting some sort of payback for taking their star player out for a few games, a fight by one of the big guy (which i think he did... fight May. didnt he?)or a big check or something... not breaking his jaw, cracking his verabrae and sending him into a concussion then having those coward fans and coaches and players laugh it off like a big joke

I'd like Crawford to get a punch in the face like that too... apparently Hinote or Morris said they saw Crawford laughing it up on the bench when Bertuzzi sucker punched him.

Edited by bayrider

i think you should move your bottom down to america you ignorant copulation and stop making our country look bad

Whoa now, and why would we want him? Keep him all to your yourself :p

The instigator rule has to go.

Steve Moore should have been pounded on every time the puck dropped with him on the ice. Better yet the entire bench should have cleared after the hit on Naslund a week or two ago.

Yes, the NHL wants to discourage this sort of activity but what is the alternative? Nasty stick work, attempts to injure, dirty hits and whatever the heck you call Bertuzzi's attack on Moore. I'd rather have the old time hockey where the players established their own respect rather then hearing from Colin Campbell and waiting weeks for retribution.

No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our Communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We do not tolerate circumvention of our word filter or abuse upon another member.

I think there are rules for a reason folks.

Anyway, making this into an American vs. Canadian issue is childish.

Steve Moore should have been pounded on every time the puck dropped with him on the ice.  Better yet the entire bench should have cleared after the hit on Naslund a week or two ago.

Yes, the NHL wants to discourage this sort of activity but what is the alternative?  Nasty stick work, attempts to injure, dirty hits and whatever the heck you call Bertuzzi's attack on Moore.  I'd rather have the old time hockey where the players established their own respect rather then hearing from Colin Campbell and waiting weeks for retribution.

i agree with yea.

To put this all into my own opinion what he did was sweet i couldn't be more happy :D

Moore asked for it, everyone knows if you go after a player on the cauncks, Bertuzzi is gonna get you sooner or later and well last night just proved it.

Steve Moore should have been pounded on every time the puck dropped with him on the ice. Better yet the entire bench should have cleared after the hit on Naslund a week or two ago.

Yes, the NHL wants to discourage this sort of activity but what is the alternative? Nasty stick work, attempts to injure, dirty hits and whatever the heck you call Bertuzzi's attack on Moore. I'd rather have the old time hockey where the players established their own respect rather then hearing from Colin Campbell and waiting weeks for retribution.

I agree, that rule isn't helping at all.