Bertuzzi under Police Investigation

To put this all into my own opinion what he did was sweet i couldn't be more happy :D

You are happy that he broke his neck and was only inches away from dying and even closer to being paralyzed? You my friend are an ignorant bitch.

damn, that's messed up. didn't someone get suspended for the rest of the season/playoffs last year? it seems theres always at least one of these incidents every year....i love the physical aspect of hockey, i dunno, i gotta watch the video. i never saw that hit on naslund either...

damn, that's messed up. didn't someone get suspended for the rest of the season/playoffs last year? it seems theres always at least one of these incidents every year....i love the physical aspect of hockey, i dunno, i gotta watch the video. i never saw that hit on naslund either...

The hit on Naslund is pretty tame by comparison. The problem players had with that hit was the lack of respect. We have a relative nobody in the league (Moore) try to take out one of the premiere players in the league (Naslund). In the days of old-time hockey (before my time) this type of thing would never have been tolerated. Respect for veteran players that have accomplishing something in the league is at an all time low. Perhaps it is the instigator rule.

I'm not defending Bertuzzi in any way. Yes, I think the Canucks should have persued revenge on Moore but Bertuzzi's action go way beyond what was called far. Way, way, beyond.

As I've said before. Every time the puck was dropped with Moore on the ice then somebody should have grabbed him and started pummelling. What Bertuzzi did was come from behind and blindside him with a punch and then ride his face into the ice. It's complete thuggery.

BroChaos: Naslund was skating low with his head partially down and Moore came and clipped him comming on a 45degree angle towards him... it was nothing big, ive seen bigger hits in PeeWee hockey. Anyone who has their head down, especially near center ice, should know that youre going to get your ass knocked down, i dont care if youre Wayne Gretzky or some rookie from a farm team

And that makes it an excuse to break someone's neck?

Please. It like if I drove a Jaguar and someone say they needed to still my car because Ive been poor all my life and the Jaguar guy deserves to has his car stolen.

If you believe this is how the game should be played perhaps we might as well be back in Roman times...

And that makes it an excuse to break someone's neck?

Please. It like if I drove a Jaguar and someone say they needed to still my car because Ive been poor all my life and the Jaguar guy deserves to has his car stolen.

If you believe this is how the game should be played perhaps we might as well be back in Roman times...

If you are going to respond to someone's comments then you should quote them. When you don't quote and the thread is not busy then one would have to assume that you are referring to the last post. In this case, I can't think how your comments relate to bayriders post.

lol no kidding, if u read my other posts u would see i would like Bertuzzi to never step foot on ice again, unless if he slips, falls and cracks his head open...

i was just describing how Naslund got hit by Moore to BroChaos cause he had never seen it

Really, I'm sorry that I see it as an act gone sour, but that's the way I see it. Although Bertuzzi was stalking him, Moore knew what was gonna happen and should've done something about it, not be a wuss and ignore them. He stepped up and then ran back behind his big teammates. I believe alot of people were to blame for the incident but Bert shouldn't have initiated the hit in the first place, Moore should've finished what he started, and the refs should've settled things down, not encourage the canucks by penalizing them more.

Really, everyone should've known better.

Moore knew that a broken neck was comming? if he could forsee the future i think he would have scratched himself for that game... It was obvious they were gonna pick on Moore... didn't him and May get into a fight that game anwyays? What else was he supposed to expect? maybe another fight or a slash or a hard check... i dont think being punched in the side of the head from behind and having ur face drilled into the ice was expected. I find it amazing how you Canuck fans say Bertuzzi just snapped for a split second, therefore it shouldnt be his fault. WTF Is that? if i snap for one second at a bar and shoot someone or break their vertabrae and neck, am i gonna tell the authorities that i wasn't in the proper state of mind for that 1second therfore i should not be penalized? What was Moore supposed to finish? That hit on Naslund was weak as hell, why not blame Naslund for skating with his head down near center ice.

Well, I think Bertuzzi should get about 10 games for the hit. He gave moore a blind sided cheap shot but thats it. You league has always said that they will judge a players suspension buy the action not the outcome of said action. Its very unfortunate that moore cracked his neck, and cut up his face, and I wish him well. However, it looks to me as Bertuzzi fell on Moore, not viciously drove him to the ice. Im sure the 2 avs players that jumped on moore after that didnt help either. Anyway, Im not condoning what Todd did at all, but I dont think he should get a lifetime ban or anything.

edit: Moore and Cooke fought, not Moore and May. Big difference. He only accepted a challange from a guy he knew he had a good chance of beating.

If the Avs players didnt jump in, Bertuzzi would be punching a beanbag untill someone stopped him. Its obvious Moore was knocked out before he even fell to the ice. Thank god the Avs players were close by to even prevent Bertuzzi hitting a defensless Moore. I dont think "falling" on Moore was an accident at all. Ive seen the replay a million times and it only gets worse everytime i watch it

Why do people make it look like Bertuzzi was intended to kill Moore? It was intended to be a fight, a challenge and when Bert realized how yellow Moore was, he got ****ed and gave him a cheap shot. Not intending to injure, because it was more or less to teach him a lesson, the cheap shot was uncalled for nonetheless. Both Moore and Bert didn't know the injuries were coming. Moore should've known that some of the players were gonna challenge him tho, and he did nothing but fight Cooke. Honestly, stop twisting my words and understand I'm trying to make sense of this matter too.

10 games is alot, 20 is ok, the whole season and playoffs is just overkill. To penalize someone gunned with emotion like this (retribution) is a careful process and 10 games is good enough.

Personally tho, I think Bert's not coming back as a player, no matter what he gets. He will not be the same player he once was (I don't think he ever was all season) but there's a possibility that a break will give him time to find himself and get his game back. He was just sloppy all season, the incident just emphasized it.

i think you should move your bottom down to america you ignorant copulation and stop making our country look bad

Using profanity looks silly. Please don't usurp the swear filter....BOOG

Not all of us are as bad as your ignorant mind thinks.

While I don't feel Bertuzzi intentionally tried to hurt Moore, you still have to be accountable for your actions. Bertuzzi severly hurt Moore and he should be suspended...I think for 1 calendar year.

I know Bertuzzi may be sorry for his actions, but the fact still remains that he severly hurt Moore (cheapshot or otherwise) and he must pay the consequences. You can fight all you want, but you can't let it get to the next level (injury) and I believe Bertuzzi took it much farther than that.

Just my opinion, and my opinion only.

While I don't feel Bertuzzi intentionally tried to hurt Moore, you still have to be accountable for your actions.  Bertuzzi severly hurt Moore and he should be suspended...I think for 1 calendar year. 

I know Bertuzzi may be sorry for his actions, but the fact still remains that he severly hurt Moore (cheapshot or otherwise) and he must pay the consequences.  You can fight all you want, but you can't let it get to the next level (injury) and I believe Bertuzzi took it much farther than that.

Just my opinion, and my opinion only.

exactly, no one denies that Bertuzzi intended it to be as bad as it was... but someone has to be accountable for what happened and i don't think you can blame anyone else except Bertuzzi. I'd like to see Bertuzzi infront of Campbell today and say "well i didnt mean to..."

Edited by bayrider

Ban him for life from playing Pro Hockey, and put his A** in jail, if Moore comes out paralized, or even cripled, then he belongs behind bars..

Thats the bottom line...cause....I said so..

exactly, no one denies that Bertuzzi intended it to be as bad as it was... but someone has to be accountable for what happened and i don't think you can blame anyone else except Bertuzzi

Agreed.

I don't follow hockey a whole lot, but it sounds like Moore has been doing some hard hitting and fighting as well, but nothing to the severity as the hit Bertuzzi laid. Fighting and hitting are a part of hockey, and one of the reasons its so popular. That being said, I still believe a player must be held accountable for their actions and I hope Bertuzzi gets what he deserves.

If your going to try and start a fight, make sure you know that after it begins, you are held accountable for your actions...intentional or not.

Okay, here is what I think.

I know his intentions was to hurt Moore, but not as bad as he did.

The question is should he face stronger consequences on the sole fact that Moore was seriously injured?

I think yes. To use a good analogy. Lets say I am driving down the highway at a high speed and changing my radio and hit another vehicle. The driver got some bruses and scratches and is okay, maybe at worse sue me for medical bills. However, if I happen to be unlucky and this person died, I am going to be conviced of involentary manslaugter.

In this case, he was very unlucky cause Moore was seriously injured. Moore will be out for the rest of the season and I only think it would be fair for Burtuzzi to sit out as well.

The question is should he face stronger consequences on the sole fact that Moore was seriously injured?

I think yes. To use a good analogy. Lets say I am driving down the highway at a high speed and changing my radio and hit another vehicle. The driver got some bruses and scratches and is okay, maybe at worse sue me for medical bills. However, if I happen to be unlucky and this person died, I am going to be conviced of involentary manslaugter.

In this case, he was very unlucky cause Moore was seriously injured. Moore will be out for the rest of the season and I only think it would be fair for Burtuzzi to sit out as well.

Couldn't agree more.

Its unfortunate that the injury was very severe (as opposed to a few scratches/bruises) but you must be held liable for what damage you cause. Who else, if anyone, should be held liable?

I am with he people that say he should be out for the rest of the regular season. Like someone said they are supposed to punish according to the action not the result. And im doubting bertuzzi was like 'im going to crack his neck and break his jaw'

If he is out and is jailed then Heatly should be as well. (i dont think heatly or bertuzzi shoudl be out for good.)

bayrider ive been reading your posts and you seem like nothing more than a canucks hater or even worse a avs fan, shame since your from montreal (even though they aint too good). naslunds hit was a part of hockey huh, that was a straight up cheap shot and moore deserved to get his ass handed to him, he got a little worse than he shoulda but....thats life. also moore probaly wouldnt have been so hurt if thsoe players hadnt have jumped on bertz.

i agree with yea.

To put this all into my own opinion what he did was sweet i couldn't be more happy :D

Moore asked for it, everyone knows if you go after a player on the cauncks, Bertuzzi is gonna get you sooner or later and well last night just proved it.

That has to be, quite possibly, one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on Neowin.

What he did was not sweet. The guy was almost paralyzed! There is almost no reason to make that kind of retaliation, period! No matter what Moore did, he did not deserve that hit. That was a dirty hit. Bert needs to be banned for at least a year, starting whenever the next season begins (if there's a lockout). Bertuzzi is an amazing player, yes, but what he did is not wanted in the game ever.

Yes, Bertuzzi will go after you. No problem with that. But trying to paralyze someone is not the answer.

Why do people make it look like Bertuzzi was intended to kill Moore?

Because Bertuzzi knows what he's doing. Do you honestly think Bertuzzi doesn't know the difference between a high stick and trying to hurt someone permanently? Bertuzzi's been doing this all his life. He knows what to do. He knows you can immediately drop the gloves and go at it. McCarty did it with Claude Lemeuix (spelled that wrong but don't care) in the playoffs years ago to get retaliation for a chip hit that Claude made. It's a known situation in hockey, don't try to pretend that it isn't.