The Morrowind Support Thread

i just use a Daedric Dai-Katana, with my Orc Character i killed Dagoth Ur in one hit :yes:

Yeah. Dagoth Ur is all talk and no show. He is quite easy to defeat, but it is getting to him that can prove challenging.

Keening and Sunder btw, are awesome weapons in themselves!

very tru keening and sunder are kool, but i made my char nuttin but warrior, could do nuthin except lockpick, wear heavy armor and use big swords

For the person who asked me how I own a house: During a fighter's guild quest, I had to kill someone in Balmora. Then the house was empty, so I took it.

For the person who said you could buy a deed and actually own a house: How? Where is this quest?

For the person who spoke of vampires: You can only become a vampire/werewolf or whatever in the expansions. I own the original Xbox version and hear speak of vampires from NPCs in-game. However, I have looked to no avail.

For the person who said you could buy a deed and actually own a house: How? Where is this quest?

For the person who spoke of vampires: You can only become a vampire/werewolf or whatever in the expansions. I own the original Xbox version and hear speak of vampires from NPCs in-game. However, I have looked to no avail.

As I mentioned previously, you need to join one of the Great Houses. Whether this be Hlaalu, Rendoran or Telvanni is entirely up to you. Once you climb high enough in rank you will be instructed to build your own stronghold. There are two steps to this. First will be securing a land deed and the second will be gaining construction permissions. For me this was a case of visiting the Hlaalu Treasury Vaults and purchasing the appropriate deed. Next, I headed over to Ebonheart and spoke with Duke Vedam Dren to gain building rights. After that, it takes about a week for initial construction to commence. Over time, as you complete a few more quests and secure funding, your stronghold will increase in size and granduer.

Obviously this is not the only way to gain a house. There is no stopping you from claiming one that is already empty or, if the mood strikes you, taking one by force. lol

As for vampires and werewolves I am assuming they are expansion included only. I know for a fact this is the case with werewolves as they were introduced in the bloodmoon expansion pack. As far as vampires go, they may either be a part of tribunal or have been there all along. Either way, being infected is not as fun as it sounds.

Edit: I have renamed this thread. I thought it would a nice idea to make it into a central support area for the game.

You can become a vampire without the expansions. Just don't cure yourself after catching poryphic hemophilia and in three days and you'll be one. After you become a full vampire you can do vampire quests like I mentioned and then later you can get cured and all of the npc problems introduced when you become a vampire go away. But the cure is very hard to find and once cured you can never be a vampire again. The only bad part of being a vampire is having to do everything at night.

,Mar 11 2004, 14:50] thanks for the help keldyn, didnt know you was a fan.

Im planning to get two exquisite rings to enchant them with the feather spell because my main goal is to have the entire daedric armor set, this set is very heave for what I have been told so I think the rings will be usefull, also I have plans to do a 100% camaleon amulet.

wow this sounds liek a big diablo game is there like a 30 day trial or sunting ?

I was just wondering since you guys have play this game so much, what has been more addictive and have played the most, Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights?

Morrowind by a long shot. :) I was very disappointed with NWN and have not picked it up in about a year now. I still play Morrowind and enjoy it. My only beef with MW is the poor character models and the lack of Multiplayer.

wow this sounds liek a big diablo game is there like a 30 day trial or sunting ?

Fortunatly, it's nothing like "Diablo" or any others like it. Morrowind is a 1st/3rd person action/adventure/role playing game in a spralling world the size of a small real world country. Two expansions and thousands of player created MODS later, the game is still going strong and continuing to grow.

Morrowind Summit has the largest gathering of user created content as well as other resources and just about any info about the game that you could want.

Fortunatly, it's nothing like "Diablo" or any others like it. Morrowind is a 1st/3rd person action/adventure/role playing game in a spralling world the size of a small real world country. Two expansions and thousands of player created MODS later, the game is still going strong and continuing to grow.

Morrowind Summit has the largest gathering of user created content as well as other resources and just about any info about the game that you could want.

can i get a direct link 2 a demo or trial or sunting?

can i get a direct link 2 a demo or trial or sunting?

Sorry "being-obtatyion" there is no Demo/Trial for Morrowind :(

You can visit ElderScrolls.com for more info about the game.

The XBOX Game of the Year version is going for $29.99 as well as the PC Game of the Year version. Comes with Morrowind, Tribunal Expansion and BloodMoon expansion. I would personally suggest getting the PC version if your interested in player created content and making your own stuff, if Not the XBOX version is no different than the PC version in terms of the game it self.

I saw it at EB for $15 used, that is why I was wondering which one was better. There seemed to be a lot more Morrowind copies traded in then Neverinwter Nights.

I saw it at EB for $15 used, that is why I was wondering which one was better. There seemed to be a lot more Morrowind copies traded in then Neverinwter Nights.

Well, I would say, it comes down to what type of games you like. NWN is a D&D based RPG, so if your a D&D fan, then NWN will be like a god send for you, plus there's tons of player made content for both, and in

NWN's defence, there is multiplayer. Morrowind is based on the ElderScrolls, and offer no bounds and no rules to what you can and can't do. You can walk right up to the "GOD VIVIC" and try to kick his ass if you want to, he might just deside to mop the floor up with your bloody carcus but it's your choice, and you have to reap what you sow. :D

Basicly, NWN and Morrowind are both great games, and both offer different things that the other does not. If you can wing it, I say pick up both, you can't go wrong that way. :)

Does this game have monthly fees for online play???

Nope, there's no Multiplayer in Morrowind. :no: :cry:

But, don't let that stop ya from getting it. :)

Does this game have monthly fees for online play???

No, there is no multiplayer in Morrowind.

how big is this game aprox? WIll it take up a lot of hd space my hd space is limited

With all expansions installed, 1.08GB. Not too shabby!

humm not multi player :( i dont know :/

Check this out.

The main island of Morrowind is the size of a small country. The under/above ground network of caves, dungeons, daedric ruins, dozens of cities, and almost endless amounts of ocean will give you enough to explore for months. The expansions add to this as well as add new quests, adventures, the works. In the years I have had Morrowind, I have never explored all of it, not even completed 1/2 the quests there are. I have not even played all of the different charactor types! Add in the thousands of player made add on's and you got your self more game than you can play in several years. :D

My only beef with MW is the poor character models and the lack of Multiplayer.

Yes. It seems odd that for such a beautiful game world, the character models could be so poor. Fortunately there are a good many user made modifications out there that can add beauty to your game.

With all expansions installed, 1.08GB. Not too shabby!

My game directory currently weighs in at 2.0GB. I have a LOT of mods installed. :D