The Morrowind Support Thread

I thought I would post a few screenshots to show what can be achieved with a few simple mods. Much nicer than Bethesda's models aren't they?

http://users.on.net/keldyn/Images/mw1.jpg

http://users.on.net/keldyn/Images/mw2.jpg *my character on the left :)

http://users.on.net/keldyn/Images/mw3.jpg

http://users.on.net/keldyn/Images/mw4.jpg

http://users.on.net/keldyn/Images/mw5.jpg

Holy cow! :omg: That's freakin' awesome! Links boy.. we need links! :p

Hehe, seriously though, if you can tell me where to find the character models Keldyn, it would be mucho appreciated.

Holy cow! :omg: That's freakin' awesome! Links boy.. we need links! :p

Hehe, seriously though, if you can tell me where to find the character models Keldyn, it would be mucho appreciated.

Really, Keldyn! Share the wealth! *giggles*

Those are gorgeous. Me likes!

I'll be reinstalling Morrowind this evening, but I don't like to start playing until it's tweaked to my likings. Where do you usually browse for user mods, Keldyn?

I got morrowind for X-Box as soon as it came out and about "beat" the main quest by fulfilling the prophecy - it was ALOT of fun, took me about 3-4 months playing the game, some hard parts I couldnt beat kept me stuck, and it was a good challenging game..I loved it...

Well, now that I'm here - I'd like to know, having played the original X-Box version, is it worth getting the PC Version and its expansions? Does it add alot of quests and new challenges? Does the main story take any new twists? Is it worth it?

I really enjoyed the X-Box version, maybe it'd be cool to get the pc version for the expansions, if its good enough..

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, are there any sequels planned for the Elder Scrolls series??

I am sort of confused about something. I was looking at the mods and I was wondering if you use a race add-on, say for example I was looking at something that adds a new race to the game, does it replace a previous race in the game or would the race just be added to the game not modifying any of the other races? Also if you download quests or scenarios, does it change the main game at all or are these just side quests added to the overall game? And finally one last thing. Are there mods that can actually add new land masses to the game, i.e. make the world larger?

Edited by jmole

I am sort of confused about something.  I was looking at the mods and I was wondering if you use a race add-on, say for example I was looking at something that adds a new race to the game, does it replace a previous race in the game or would the race just be added to the game not modifying any of the other races?
All the mods I've seen so far replace races, but I haven't looked at race mods for a while so I could easily be wrong on that one.
Also if you download quests or scenarios, does it change the main game at all or are these just side quests added to the overall game?

No, it doesn't affect the main storyline (unless it's designed to do so), it just neatly adds the quest/scenarios to the game world. Some are so grand in scale that it would be difficult to call them side-quests, though! :)

And finally one last thing.  Are there mods that can actually add new land masses to the game, i.e. make the world larger?

Yeah, there is as a matter of fact. I remember one that was about the size of Solstheim (which is the new land mass that comes with Bloodmoon expansion). I'd link you, but I'm at work right now and it can't really mess around too much.

Yeah, there is as a matter of fact. I remember one that was about the size of Solstheim (which is the new land mass that comes with Bloodmoon expansion). I'd link you, but I'm at work right now and it can't really mess around too much.

Ah that sounds really cool, I think I am going to get it this weekend and give it a try, thanks for the answers to my questions. That is sort of nuts though because I imagine some of you have a ton of these add-ons that add new land to the map. You could possible double the size of the world through add-ons....

I also found a cool Castlevania mod, which pretty much sealed the deal for me getting it. Apparently you can play through Castlevania and fight Dracula too.

Two questions, one is that I got this Castlevania mod, but I can't find the damn castle and it does not say where it is in the instructions. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I got it from here: Link. Just do a search for "Castlevania"

My second question is, what is the best way to get money early in this game? I tried stealing from stores only to get reemed by the guards in the stores, but I have been really strapped for cash playing for four hours. I am currently in the second town and I joined the fighters' guild because I am a crusader if that means anything.

Really, Keldyn! Share the wealth! *giggles*

Those are gorgeous. Me likes!

I'll be reinstalling Morrowind this evening, but I don't like to start playing until it's tweaked to my likings. Where do you usually browse for user mods, Keldyn?

Hello there :)

Ok, the main resources I use for morrowind goodness are as follows:

http://thelys.mwsource.com/

http://morrowind.unforgottenrealms.net/player_mods.php - Home of the lovely Astarsis beauty packs & the Wilderness Sounds.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/ - a huge collection of user made mods. Lots of good stuff here if you dig around.

http://www.khalazzaprod.fr.st/ - Has a brilliant Hi res texture pack for morrowind! Highly recommended!

http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/M...wind/Index.html

http://www.freewebs.com/xura/downloads.htm - Creator of the awesome Windowlights mod. Adds lighting effects to windows which fade in and out during night and day.

http://home.wnm.net/~bgriff/MW_Home.html - beautiful head and hair models for morrowind characters.

http://pumaman.zftp.com/pumamods.html - Home to the most downloaded Morrowind mod in history. GIANTS! It adds a TON of new creatures to the game.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/sodp/ - Sea of Destiny is a series of brand new islands for you to explore complete with new quests, and npc's.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/adventurers/ - Adventurer's Guide to Morrowind. Makers of the amazing Adventurer's TC mod. Adds life to morrowind with the inclusion of new characters, npc's and scheduling. It attempts to "balance" the gameplay by making leveling harder, monsters much tougher, balancing the economy, altering the spellsystem, items, NPCs, etc.

Below is a list of some of the more "essential" mods that I personally recommend. If you are having trouble locating any of these, please let me know. I will see if I can help.

• All Astarsis beauty packs. Download them all. They are simply beautiful. They can be found at http://morrowind.unforgottenrealms.net/player_mods.php
  • Atmospheric Sound Effects 3.0 and all updates, 1 to 4 - adds realistic background ambience to towns, inns and all wilderness areas. A must have.
  • Avenger's robes, armor and shirts.
  • "Better heads" for morrowind (by psychodog studios) Be sure to use the modular install so you can customize which races are replaced. The new Dark Elf Male heads are fantastic!
  • CloakMod 1.4 - Add's funky cloak goodness
  • GIANTS ULTIMATE 2.71
  • Hair Pack I - V - I believe these are available at unforgottenrealms.net
  • HG Robes 2
  • Ice's Robe Replacer -Created by CanadianIce. Adds "feminine" versions of the robes. They look great! - http://canadianice.unforgottenrealms.net/M...wind/Index.html
  • lefemmarmor 1.1 - official plugin by bethesda. Enables female version of armor sets.
  • MarksmanMod version 1.45 - builds upon marksmanship. A worthy mod.
  • Men's hair pack II
  • Modman Windowlights 2.0
  • Multiple Teleport Marking 2.2 - enables up to 12 place holders for mark/recall spell
  • mw visual pack 2.2 - available at http://www.khalazzaprod.fr.st/ (hi res textures for morrowind)
  • Realsignposts - makes all signposts readible with a nice pretty font. A minor change but makes a world of difference.
  • Rhedd's Heads. All of his work is amazing.
  • Sea of Destiny. Be sure to grab the gold upgrade for it too.
  • TLM - The Lighting Mod - Improved lighting for morrowind. Very realistic and add's beauty to interior environments.
  • Morrowind List Merger - This file is CRITICAL if you plan on using mods. What it does is create a levelled list of your mods to ensure compatability and prevent conflicts. THIS IS ESSENTIAL SO USE IT!

I have not included everything that I use here. There are just some of the best that I have found to enhance your morrowind experience. Some of them are purely aesthetical while others can improve and modify upon the basic mechanics behind the game. If you need support with installing or locating these please let me know.

-Keldyn M.

My second question is, what is the best way to get money early in this game?  I tried stealing from stores only to get reemed by the guards in the stores, but I have been really strapped for cash playing for four hours.  I am currently in the second town and I joined the fighters' guild because I am a crusader if that means anything.

Off the top of my head, here's a few ways to make some money early on.

First, if you're feeling a bit immoral and evil, go into people houses, and quicksave in case that they mop the floor with you. Then, kill the occupant and steal their belongings! You can also use that house as your own, bed and all. :) However, even if you get away with that murder, if you get caught doing another crime the guards may take items you've stolen previously as well.

Secondly, kill monsters. You can sell their parts of their dead body to alchemists and make a reasonable amount of money.

Lastly and most dangerously, explore and find a cave/dwemer ruin (as a matter of fact, someone in the fighters guild in Balmora will ask you to find a puzzle box in a dwemer ruin). Caves and dwemer ruins are packed full of expensive, and often very heavy wares. Some of the occupants of these caves and ruins can kill you 10 times over without blinking though, so be careful.

Also, in Seyda Neen, the town you start it, there is a whole lot of Moon Sugar and a banned drink (the name is on the tip of my tongue!) behind a locked door. Pick the lock or use tower key and the guards will give you a slap on the hand and ask for 4-5 drakes for the offense, but afterwards you're free to roam the building. Both Moon Sugar and that banned drink sell for an incredibly high price, however, no one will want to talk to you or sell/buy anything from you with the moon sugar/drink in your inventory. However, if you get the illegal booty, go to Balmora and into the Mages Guild, Ajira the Khajit will buy them off you. Not sure if you need to be a part of the mages guild to barter with her, though.

Edited by BananaMan

Secondly, kill monsters. You can sell their parts of their dead body to alchemists and make a reasonable amount of money.
Damn, so that is where you sell all that crap you pick up. Here I was just thinking it was taking up useless inventory space.
Also, in Seyda Neen, the town you start it, there is a whole lot of Moon Sugar and a banned drink (the name is on the tip of my tongue!) behind a locked door. Pick the lock or use tower key and the guards will give you a slap on the hand and ask for 4-5 drakes for the offense, but afterwards you're free to roam the building. Both Moon Sugar and that banned drink sell for an incredibly high price, however, no one will want to talk to you or sell/buy anything from you with the moon sugar/drink in your inventory. However, if you get the illegal booty, go to Balmora and into the Mages Guild, Ajira the Khajit will buy them off you. Not sure if you need to be a part of the mages guild to barter with her, though.

Crap, I dumped all those in some random house because no one would trade with me while I had them in my pocesssion! Dammit! Oh well, thanks for the pointers though, now I am off to sell all my random animal parts!

@Keldyn:

You must of doubled the entire installation size of the game with all those mods.

Damn, so that is where you sell all that crap you pick up. Here I was just thinking it was taking up useless inventory space.

Crap, I dumped all those in some random house because no one would trade with me while I had them in my pocesssion! Dammit! Oh well, thanks for the pointers though, now I am off to sell all my random animal parts!

@Keldyn:

You must of doubled the entire installation size of the game with all those mods.

The mods aren't really all that big.

The GIANTS mod is probably the biggest not including some of the total conversion mods, which I do not use personally.

The environmental sounds are awesome. I do not get what's with the sound of a cat having its tail stepped on when I walk through a town though and also the sound of wolves howling.

I have a technical question about Morrowind (Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it says "support" in the thread title so oh well)...

I have a SONY VAIO laptop, 2000+ Mobile Athlon, 256 MB SDRAM, Nvidia G-Force 4 420 Go, and am running Windows XP Pro... I installed the Morrowind triple pack (Included Tribunal & Bloodmoon) and I cannot progress past the first mission because regardless of how smooth the game runs on my computer trying to enter a city or certain rooms causes the game to crash and close. I am really at a loss as to why because much more demanding games run just fine, and even the ones that won't don't automatically shut themselves down. I'd be very grateful is someone could help me with this problem. Thanks!

I wanna play Morrowind :cry:

Off the top of my head, here's a few ways to make some money early on...

I'm so proud... I reintroduced him to Morrowind. Fly, my dear, fly!

Also, if you're a big cheater, there are places around that show you how to use the console in the game and enter cheats. Not that I've ever done that! :shifty:

Thank you so much, Keldyn. Those links are really useful! I appriciate the time you took to post that. :D I'm off to install the new files I've acquired now. :happy:

Do you need any of the expansions to use Giants Ultimate, I did not see it anywhere mentioned on the site.

Giants Ultimate can be used with or without the expansions. It comes with 3-4 different installers so you can choose depending on what you have. (Y)

Thank you so much, Keldyn. Those links are really useful! I appriciate the time you took to post that.  I'm off to install the new files I've acquired now.  :happy:

My pleasure! Enjoy. :)

I have a technical question about Morrowind (Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it says "support" in the thread title so oh well)...

I have a SONY VAIO laptop, 2000+ Mobile Athlon, 256 MB SDRAM, Nvidia G-Force 4 420 Go, and am running Windows XP Pro... I installed the Morrowind triple pack (Included Tribunal & Bloodmoon) and I cannot progress past the first mission because regardless of how smooth the game runs on my computer trying to enter a city or certain rooms causes the game to crash and close. I am really at a loss as to why because much more demanding games run just fine, and even the ones that won't don't automatically shut themselves down. I'd be very grateful is someone could help me with this problem. Thanks!

That's very strange, and no good at all!

I have a couple suggestions...

One of them is to patch, not sure if the triple pack includes the latest bloodmoon pack, but check the version and then see if you need a patch.

The only other thing I can suggest (and you probably want to wait for others to post their suggestions) but is to uninstall and reinstall Morrowind. I've had a few really strange problems with Morrowind in my time which could only be fixed by uninstall and reinstall. It's a last resort, really.

Oh, one more thing! If you have applied any mods, you might want to disable those and see what happens.

Good luck! :)

I am sorry to hear you are having problems. As good a game as Morrowind is, it does have a tendency for falling over; with stability being its biggest failing. Random crashes and lockups have plagued the game since release and the patches have done little to resolve these issues. All I can do is reiterate what has already been suggested. Remove any mods, update your drivers to their latest versions and if all else fails, reinstall.

You may also want to lower some of your settings under video. If they are set too high the game is more prone to failing.