Taking requests for features on Neowin

i agree with vinh. quick reply.

umm make me a mod would be a good adition to this website. music forum sounds good to. i would like ot see more original articles. acually i would like ot see more articles full stop

my 13.5 cents;)

Ability to search WITHIN a thread. IMHO user that are looking for something in a big thread (like this one or some other theme/icon thread) would be most benefit from this feature.

I don't know if this was mentioned but I don't want to go through every pages of this thread just to find out, I'm sorry if this was mentioned ;)

Warez thread... kkekeke j/k

How about a thread with just Freeware, Shareware, and Betas?

Has this been requested yet? What about a thread dedicated to just for polling? :) kekeke me just being funny here... ignore it if it sounds too ridiculous...

Originally posted by Vinh

instead of clicking replie, how about a box on the bottom for a quick replie??

sorry if this is already metioned. I just flicked threw this thread.

yes do that!!! very good idea :) i like it!

there should be attachments maybe only for the monthly Desktop thread. or something of that sort

and also i just thought of this. Can there be a forum jump combo box at the top of the page too? its sorta annoying to have to go ALL the way to the bottom of the thread to jump around... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with configure or anyone else who has mentioned this but the ability to search through a specific thread would be great.

Just spent half an hour when I cam eonline looking through a thread with 301 posts just for that one post, with the info I needed

Hey I got an idea while I was looking through the Locking a thread thread, and it hit me.

I dont know if its possible but would it be possible to place a temporary ban on users flamming in a specific topic. Just a temporary ban on them to stop them from posting in that thread. I mean the Evolution Vs Creation thread heated up. It was locked for a while everyones cooled their heads and its being a discussion again.

I dont know if its possible for that to be implemented but it would certainly resolve alot of issues, keep flamming down whilst allowing the rest of the community to express their thoughts and discuss the issue of the thread with the rest of the community.

I have to say that's a very cool idea. Don't know if it's possible though, have to check

please get rid of the 4 letter limit on searches.

hard to search for many things.

like:

amd, cpu, ram, moh, xp, ico, bin, cue, etc.

you see the point, to many things that deal with this forum have short names

the search limit is there because without it the search index table would get VERY large, its just part of the way vbb works, no way around it, it can be changed but we dont want to have out database become huge (its already big enough!)

also timan, as far as i know, you can change it on your forums, go look in your forum options

tingle

I want a neowin T-shirt.....and i want one bad.....i will pay 20 quid for one.....hell i reckon a store full of l337 computing t-shirts would rock but thats just me.

Don't know if this was suggested before, but no reason not to reinforce it if it has:

I'd like to see a change to the forum software so that entire threads started by a member on your ignore list do not show up. Maybe a link to open it as one has for individual posts, or even better a color indicator as you've implemented for replies posted off the news entries. Not meaning to point to anyone specific, but there have been threads of late I'd rather be completely ignorant of, rather than having to skip over them for days or weeks.

Yes, it's not hard at all to ignore them manually, as we do with most of the disagreeable elements in our lives, but technology exists to make this unnecessary, so why not use it where you can. :smart:

StimpyX I would think that would discern some as a bit too cruel to accept... I think we should use our judgement on that one...

I have a request also... I don't know if this qualify as a good option to have but I would love to see that I can store links in my info page... for an example, if someone post a link, I'd like to see a tiny button like a "+" sign or something next to it so that I can click on it and it automatically added to my bookmark in my Personal info page... This would be neat... people in NeoWin can share bookmark by checking each other's reference...

With the ability for us to add or take-away links that is stored in our personal reference page with ease is a good thing for this forum I think... I'd like to know if anyone think this is a good idea...

is it really necessary? when I was reading it, it sounds good. still, it's pretty easy to right click on the link and add to favorites. of course, having it on neowin, would take out the hassle of posting your fave links on another site, mailing it to yourself etc.

The necessary part here is that no matter where I am... I will have access to many great links of mine and the rest of the member, when I come to NeoWin... I can also get to know more info based on other member's link... These bookmarked links that gather by many members act as a pocket of water which may benefit others...

Then again, this can be a bad idea... oh well... I try... :)

Originally posted by Toxikk

i still havent seen any of my requests...

all i have seen is hating and locked threads

depends what you look for don't it ;)

welp, this was my first request...

"how about you put the navigation 'strip' that is at the top of a forum thread at the bottom as well. i hate having to go back up to use the nav bar..."

• 1 month later...
"how about you put the navigation 'strip' that is at the top of a forum thread at the bottom as well. i hate having to go back up to use the nav bar..."

i agree with Toxikk