Dude, What is this oozing out of my wall?

I'm living in this house this semester here in Stephenville, Tx and the house is pretty old and it developed a leak above the area you see in the picture. The area is where a sliding door to the bathroom used to be until the wood it was attached to rotted. I noticed this white stuff had oozed out where the wood has started to rot. :x My question is, this is mold right? If so, is it harmful to me? I sleep in a bed about fifteen feet away. There is a sligh mildew smell in the house but it's never really bothered me. I've heard of schools being evacuated because of mold being found in the walls so I guess some kinds of molds can be pretty bad. So any advice besides move out ASAP? Ahh the places we college guys have to live :no:

post-7-1080163051.jpg

There are some slight brown blotches on it because I sprayed a little bleach on it. I probably only made it angry, it may try to swallow me up in my sleep tonight :crazy:

Minging... it looks like mould from damp. I mean, you could always scrape it away with a knife ;)

There are companies to contact about damp rot.

:x I don't know what that is ,but black mold actually can be lethal.

I'd get it checked. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :x :wacko: :pinch:

Man those are sick pictures, and Im just about to have dinner aswell :x I dont think mold is that much of a risk tbh lol

Think again! I've heard of whole houses being torn down because black mold had infested them. It's serious stuff. Is the stuff in the picture black mold? Doesn't look like it, but it is at a place where there's high moisture. Get it checked out!

Mold Dangers and Remedies

Well, it looks fungal in the first picture, which I firmly believe it is. But looking at the second, it looks like the fungus is molding. I honestly don't know what to make of it, moldy fungus? That's pretty sick. You should cover yourself with a breathing filter, and extract that piece and bring it to a lab or something.

But yeah, definately get it checked. You don't know what it could be doing to you.

i say, leave it alone, try not to look or think about it, and ignore what everyone in this thread has already said.

-nic

p.s. i have no affiliation with the mold/fungus in question.