Dude, What is this oozing out of my wall?

I'm living in this house this semester here in Stephenville, Tx and the house is pretty old and it developed a leak above the area you see in the picture. The area is where a sliding door to the bathroom used to be until the wood it was attached to rotted. I noticed this white stuff had oozed out where the wood has started to rot. :x My question is, this is mold right? If so, is it harmful to me? I sleep in a bed about fifteen feet away. There is a sligh mildew smell in the house but it's never really bothered me. I've heard of schools being evacuated because of mold being found in the walls so I guess some kinds of molds can be pretty bad. So any advice besides move out ASAP? Ahh the places we college guys have to live :no:

Clean your house man - there's no excuse for that :x

Ohh, I've seen this movie! It's the one with the big giant blob, well not so much a giant blob at first. Sort of a small mold seeping out of the walls, but then it turns into the blob and eats all the residents in the surrounded area of five miles. Afterwards Will Smith and Tomy Lee Jones try to kill it but only end up making it mad and causing it to split up into two giant blobs, which the US Army trys to exterminate with Napalm, but in the end it takes a firetruck of Head and Shoulders to kill it. But wait, where did the second one go?! Noo!

You're gonna die, dude. :no:

Probably insulation that's melting. Seen that before in fan rooms on the USS Eisenhower carrier.

Nooo foam insulation does not smell like mushrooms! :x I sprayed it with bleach it didn't do much good :huh: It just turned it a little brown. I didn't knwo fungi were that tough :blink: