NV40 3DMark 2003 scores revealed

<Watches all the Ati Fans come back to nVidia>  HEY, Stick with one damn video card company you poor loser! :)

I go with whoever has the good card out at the time, I don't care about which company it's from. At this point for a high end card I'd pick ATI.

If the NV40 lives up to the hype and the ATI card isn't as good as it then I'd pick the NV40, that's all there is to it.

Edited by Danrarbc641

Oh my, you idiot *BONK*. That review was an April Fools joke, read the last page (labeled conclusion).

Note : We hope you all enjoyed this April Fool's Day spoof! We sincerely apologize to NVIDIA for giving them such a shock by "publishing" benchmarks of the NV40 before the launch. We wish NVIDIA all the best in the upcoming launch in San Francisco. And of course, we would like to wish both NVIDIA and ATI best of luck in the upcoming battle between the NV40 and R420 GPUs!

Pros 

* Superb performance!

* Potential for even better performance!

* Reduced power requirements!

Cons 

* It's April Fool's Day!

Man, it seems like you have posted like every 5 replies. Not that its bad, but just seems like alot of posts to me.

To be honest, I think that one of the best cards ever made was the Ti4200. Man, that card rocked!!! I think now that I am getting older, I will just get like one more upgrade, then just cool off for awhile.

ATi has overall better 3D quality. nVidia lost my respect when they began tampering with their drivers to gain ahead in benchmarks that alot people dont give two ****s about.

ATI won't release the new card without it being competition for the NV40. If it is rubbish in its current state, then they will pick up on it and bring out a new one.

Ofcourse ATi knows about the NV40 performance. They know how it will compare with their product.

If I see this: http://www.ati.com/ ATi seems pretty confident. It looks like they have something up their sleeves that is going to surprise us.

Do you think they would do something like this if they get creamed by the NV40... I don't think so.

We'll see when they both release their cards. Though my bet is that both cards will be very even.

Edited by Schmoove

...3d mark has absolute no relevance to REAL in game performance!

I know i wouldnt by a video card for hardcore dx9(hl2, doom3, stalker, resdient evil 4, etc) or future dx10, opengl2 gaming based upon some stupid scores!!

ATI ~ yes, something is coming >> plz visit http://www.ati.com - for more info

as for nvidia i really hope the nv4x series will solve the poor dx9 performances they experienced with their trashy rip off nv3x's

All I know is this is a beta chip running on beta drivers on an un-realistic benchmark (IMHO). Until we have the final card, can confirm that nVidia's not cheating and can bendmark what will *actually* be going into our systems, this article is nothing more than premature speculation.

3Dmark is a load of bull****, it takes an average of your highest FPS and lowest and calculates a score, HOW THE **** does that imitate in game performance, OR reliability.

Good Luck to both nVidia and ATI, i also agree with one of the previous comments that the Ti4200 was one of the best cards, Its DX8 performance is still very impressive.

Oh and im sorry DsnBehind but your avatar and sig makes me cringe lol

Edited by Arrowhead

come on people... on page 3, it was pointed out that the whole story was fake, then at least 3 people immediately chimed in about it, as though it was still true. i will admit, sometimes it is hard to read the whole thread, so i suppose this is more of a reminder than anything:

THE WHOLE STORY IS FAKE, NO ONE HAS ANY BENCHMARKS OF THE GPU YET.

Oik the first link i posted wasn't fake you moron the second one was..

why are they the only people to carry this story though? xbitlabs and anandtech mention nothing of benchmarks for the nv40. the author mentions several things in his article that make it sound sketchy to me... "numerous sources"... ok, like who? "3DMark 2003 score of 12,535"... i find it hard to believe that 3dmark would give the same score for even the most identical configs. beyond that, there's the fact that this is a preproduction card with beta drivers. it might be out a few days after april fool's, but it's either a) late, or b) a guy who got taken by rojakpot.

I could really care less what the scores are or what the hardware is for 4 reasons:

1. ati drivers do not have a popup blocker.

2. ati makes rock solid drivers 12 times a year.

3. ati cards never take up 2 slots (ati's not the 3rd party ones, I know some do take up 2 slots).

4. ati drivers are always whql cert.

diver,, you have to really search and search for the popup blocker.. 90 percent of the people can't even find it. <yawn>