Neowin's Official MLB 2004 Discussion

Right before first pitch.. like i said, i've got the first pitch, which was Kaz Matsui's first ML at bat, a HR, on video, if anyones interested.. cant see the ball all that well, lighting wasnt the best, but you can hear the drunk mets fans

Atlanta was trailing NY 6-0 after the top of the 3rd, Braves have scored 3 in the 3rd inning and 11 in the 4th inning and now lead 14-6.. awesome.

Looks rather empty...

this was a good bit before game time, except for that first pitch one.. also, there was a bad wreck on 75/85 that backed up traffic getting to the stadium. the game was a sellout - 49,660 i believe it was

Atlanta with the 18-10 victory.. whoever said Atlanta wouldnt have an offense this year.. so much for that... whoever said atlanta's pitching staff was going to be shaky.. well, youre still right

tigers are 3-0....weird...

took them 22 games to get 3 wins last year.

cubs lost though... :(

maddox didn't have his best game...

cubs lost though... :(

maddox didn't have his best game...

not his worst either.. he only gave up 3 runs in 6 innings, he gave them a chance to win.. cubs offense just didnt produce

i was glad to see griffey hit one out, sucks that it was off maddux, but i really hope griffey makes a comeback

not his worst either.. he only gave up 3 runs in 6 innings, he gave them a chance to win.. cubs offense just didnt produce

i was glad to see griffey hit one out, sucks that it was off maddux, but i really hope griffey makes a comeback

true, 3 runs isn't bad. i was just frustrated that they all came off long balls...

never really cared for griffy...rather see him on the bench if we're playing the reds...

true, 3 runs isn't bad. i was just frustrated that they all came off long balls...

A lot of that is probably nerves. Here's a guy that has pitched for the same team the last 11 years, and now he's going back to the team he started his career with. he's used to being the ace, not the new guy, not the 3rd starter. I wouldnt expect too much of him in his first game at Wrigley either. I'm really hoping he's gonna pitch this weekend in Atlanta though

I don't think he's going to get a start in ATL. With Clement going today, in about 10 minutes actually, that leaves Zambrano and Mitre for the first 2 in ATL with Wood finishing it out. That means Maddux gets the Cubs home opener on Monday (It's going to be awesome...I wish I had a camera).

As im sure most of you know, tonight is the 30th anniversary of Hank Aaron's 715th home run, one of my favorite sports moments. They had a big pregame thing at Turner Field tonight. Aaron came into the broadcast booth for an inning and a half and talked about steroids and stuff. He said if anyone breaks his record, he hopes it's Barry Bonds.. im hoping its anyone but Barry Bonds.. or a Yankee.

Also, I've got the audio clip of Milo Hamilton's call of the home run, if anyone is willing to host it. its 862kb.