Longhorn Systray Clock

Awesome, just installed this and got it how I like it. Great work :)

585456395[/snapback]

thank you. That is a very nice skin. Do you mind sharing it? You can send it to me and I can host it. :)

I wanna ask you if i can modify the number of caracters to shown when you choose show the day of the week, from 2 to 3! i know its a minor change, so maybe its easy! because in spanish the days are: dom/lun/mar/mie/jue/vie/sab/ and when I configure the program to show me that, the LClock shows me: (for example) only "do" (instead of "dom").

I hope you can understan my english, im from argentina. its a very nice program!

thanks!

:yes:

585462533[/snapback]

Thank you. I see what you mean. I'll do this when I have some free time.

Excellent work RCube.

LClock works perfectly.

I hate default clock in Windows XP. I have experience with these substitutes: TClockEx (it is 5 years old, so it has bad appearance in WXP - not compatible with themes), TClock Light (contrary to the name with rich functionality, but without calendar) and now LClock. LClock is lightest from all these mentioned and has richest possibilities in configuring styles and metrics.

I only miss in LClock:

1) Hourly signal aka Cuckoo clock. Yes, I have easy workaround - I use for this purpose windows scheduled task (e.g. wizmo.exe play=notify.wav), but it will be nice, when already implemented LClock function for alarms will support this.

2) Configurable actions for mouse buttons & wheel when mouse pointer is over clock area. Most missed actions for me are:

a) Copy actual Date and Time (date & time format configurable) to Clipboard.

It will be great when there will be possibility after copy to clipboard return to context of previous application (I mean to the blinking cursor for example).

b) Show Desktop.

I hate Quick Launch toolbar and I have only one item in Quick Launch toolbar - Show Desktop.scf. I use PS Hot Launch VVL, which is really great launcher. It supports even windows key shortcuts and can substitute not only Quick Launch toolbar but even Start Menu. With Show Desktop action in LClock I can remove Quick Launch toolbar totally.

I have found two glitches:

1) We cannot have both Start Menu from Clock and Calendar, because there is missing configurable actions for mouse buttons & wheel. Both are invoked now by one left click...

2) When we have configured Start Menu from Clock - first click show Start Menu, but second click does nothing (it must hide Start Menu, mustn't it?).

Anyway, thanks you very much!

2) When we have configured Start Menu from Clock - first click show Start Menu, but second click does nothing (it must hide Start Menu, mustn't it?).

585562302[/snapback]

Second click hides the Start Menu here... (LClock v1.61a)

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to put the Month where the LClock is on the Glass calendar. I tried but did not get to work correctly. can anyone help me?

glass.png

585598749[/snapback]

Well I have it that way but can't expand the glass border to show the full title, I can't tell you how I did it, but can send you my .ini file if you wish.

lclock.JPG

Well I have it that way but can't expand the glass border to show the full title, I can't tell you how I did it, but can send you my .ini file if you wish.

lclock.JPG

585652321[/snapback]

Premier could you send me the in please I wouls like it thanks

It'll be easier if I was able to set the alarm time in 12 hour format with AM/PM. And with Autohide for the Calendar, it shouldn't hide if it still has focus. It should only auto-hide if it doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

This clock is absolutely awsome ! thanks very much for developing it - wanted this kind of clock for a good while that is like longhorns. 5 gold stars ! :p

• 2 weeks later...
is there an official website?

VidER

585613653[/snapback]

y0, its this thread! ;)

post-58560-1114248430_thumb.jpg

what cursor is that ?

585816458[/snapback]

id luv to know that too... looks awsum... :woot: :yes:

-fm

nothing for now.

ok...maybe a sneak peak.. :p

I took a day off studying for my finals and:

http://www3.telus.net/croso/media/screensh...-2005-04-13.png

(spotlight search module...will hookup with google desktop)

also plan to fix some of the bugs after my finals. :)

585775092[/snapback]

WoW :blink: Thanks. I would love a feature like that! but any idea when it will be finished? I am tired of waiting... :sleep:

Curious about 64bit support, I've come to love LClock and depend on it as much as on Window Blinds, but I've moved to Windows 64bit and it no longer works, because explorer is 64bit now. If you could make an x64 version, I'd really appreciate it.

note: 64bit people, I have recompiled it for x64(amd64). It should work this time. Download here: http://www.sfu.ca/~yhana/lclock/LC64.rar

585836222[/snapback]

Hiya,

I have tried it on a x64 machine: it does not work.

I got the message: The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Here is how I tried it:

* I installed the x86 LClock 1.62b

* Got the LC64.rar. extracted it the files and replaced the files in the installation directory

PM me if you want to run more tests, I'll be happy to help you.