Longhorn Systray Clock

I have tested lclock with your event.ini file. And I can add more events to it. "wont show up when double click", do you mean the event editor window doesn't popup anymore?

click on the clock so the calendar opens. Then double click on any of the date to open the event editor for that day.

586059505[/snapback]

Lo and behold, it works! I thought I had already tried that, thanks! :rofl:

edited

i thought the other post with the .751 version was the new version

586090343[/snapback]

Well, that's far more civil than what I got in the topic reply notification.

I have tested lclock with your event.ini file. And I can add more events to it. "wont show up when double click", do you mean the event editor window doesn't popup anymore?

click on the clock so the calendar opens. Then double click on any of the date to open the event editor for that day.

586059505[/snapback]

I meant the event editor, it doesnt show up when i double click the calendar.

Tho if i edit the ini file and remove a couple of "events" then it works again until i add new. It seems to be limited to a certain amount of events.

Im adding all my settings along with the skin im using... Might be there the problem is.

Thanks

EDIT: I tested to remove the skin and i found the problem!

It seems to be XPs alpha transparency on the "lhbg3.bmp" bitmap, perhaps you can fix the problem?

I Tried reducing the bitmap to 256 and hence disabling transparency, it works now... but no transparency :(

Ive encountered this problem in my own programs and ive come to the conclusion of removing the transparency... It happens often while the processor gets busy.

All_settings_and_skin.zip

Edited by kenzeitak

Suggestion of new feature

One thing ive been missing is the week count. I dont know about other countries but in Sweden we often count in weeks for events.

Thanks for a great program! :D

hum... I get an error with the last version

---------------------------

Error

failed to start LClock.: 6

OK 

Is it possible to show just the calendar directly running lclock.exe?

Or moving the clock away from the start menu without explorer.exe running?

Im using another shell called blackbox for windows (bblean)

http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/

The LClock isnt compatable with anything else than explorer.exe it seems....

Thanks for any responses! I love this program!

Is it possible to merge the best features of TClock and LClock? I'd like to be able to change the start button as in TClock, but the like the setup of the clock in LClock far better.....

• 3 weeks later...
edited

i thought the other post with the .751 version was the new version

586090343[/snapback]

.751 refers to what appears to be an extremely similar program written by someone else called Longhorn Clock. It's not the same as LClock.

hi there,

I just stumbled upon a nice lclock feature. I now use the clock as start-menu-button, but I have one problem with this. how do I activate the calendar-function now? I used to single-click at the lclock-area, but now this is used for the start-menu.

what's the trick? :)

thx in reward!

...oh... and another thing if the alternative startmenu is in use. directories attached nearby the clock don't come back to original position if you enlarge the (hidden) tray-icon-area.

see the attached pic for details.

post-119933-1122395758.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is the source code available for those of us who want to peak under the hood? I think I speak for everyone (or at least the programmers among us) when I say we don't care if the code is messy or uncommented. Just seeing the internals of this fine program would be great.

Thanks for the clock replacement.

• 2 weeks later...