The Neowin gMail Request Thread

you don't understand gmail, you don't just get invites cause you have an account, google decided to increase the number of users, so they randomly gave out invites, I got one and I have no invites to give people yet

otherwise gmail would grow much quicker then google wants, like doubling in size every couple of days, and remember this is still just the beginning of the beta period

you are incorrect:

you must have at least 1% filled up (10megs) and the account active for 48hours, after that you get invites

theres no limit to accounts

how many times have i posted about the fact that this wont work? too many. well, THIS WONT WORK. :argh: google aren't stupid.

also, just thought of this: if the rule was 10meg+48hrs=2invites then anyone wih an account would have one invite to give away, and one to email themselves...with this new account (that they just emailed themselves) they fill up 10meg, wait 48hrs and hey presto another two invites....one for them to email themselves again, one for someone else...ETC ETC ETC :blink: :blink: :blink:

The "1% full gives you invites" theory is incorrect.

Random people get invites when Google decides they want to expand the number of users so they can continue stress tessting their mail servers.

This idea could have worked, but it won't :(

lol...it's beginning to get interesting :)

you'll NEVER have a gmail account this way!

anyway...if it happens to work, count me in :p

just PM me if you have any invitations left...to prove me I am wrong :p:p:P

Seriously go crazy for a GMail account here...

Me kinda have "Googlish Tendencies".. one of the walls in my room is plastered from top to bottom with Google holiday logos :D...

I doubt anyone would post invites here anyways, but I'll be watching this thread closely to ask for an account if some good soul decide to :rolleyes:

People you will not get invited just asking. Do something! Prove you deserve it! I spent like 2 days (not non-stop..like 1-2 horus a day) trying to get it..thoguh i could have done it in like 2 mins if i was paying enough attention! It is EXTREMELY easy to get an account, but I am NOT telling anymore people on this forum..i really find it stupid that people expect to be rewarded for having one post on Neowin and just asking polietly.

yea ok, whatever....thanks for letting us know that it was extremely easy and that you are "not telling anymore ppl". The standard BULL **** line.

Im sorry Pagal, but really, most people here are lazy! they think that they can get anything by just asking! And please, nothing I say is BS (and btw its one word...) I actually think before I speak, unlike you.

So please, from now on, use Google. You want to use their email so use what made them big. Search! Try! Don't make up stuff without thinking!

I just got a response from the "gmail team", they say no more invites will be given out for about a month, but there are still a few floating around from the ending round of invites

Im sorry Pagal, but really, most people here are lazy! they think that they can get anything by just asking! And please, nothing I say is BS (and btw its one word...) I actually think before I speak, unlike you.

So please, from now on, use Google. You want to use their email so use what made them big. Search! Try! Don't make up stuff without thinking!

"It is EXTREMELY easy to get an account, but I am NOT telling anymore people on this forum"

I was referring to that smartass.

why dont we just give everyone an invite...

then everyone could inivite a person, then that person can invite someone... etc... etc...

i just wish google would roll out the service alreadyl.

People you will not get invited just asking. Do something! Prove you deserve it! I spent like 2 days (not non-stop..like 1-2 horus a day) trying to get it..thoguh i could have done it in like 2 mins if i was paying enough attention! It is EXTREMELY easy to get an account, but I am NOT telling anymore people on this forum..i really find it stupid that people expect to be rewarded for having one post on Neowin and just asking polietly.

Just because you had it tough....:)

If you genuinely do have a way of getting accounts that members could use, then pls share it. Play nice :p

I got an account from gmail yesterday :)

Existing users of blogger.com recieved them!

If I get some invitations I will post them here,

but mods and admins go first, if they want one that is!

They're doing an amazing job here on the forums!

(just want to tell you that IT ROCKS!!! :p)

Dangit-- I don't want a Blogger account-- I want a Gmail account. But in retrospect I would've gotten a Blogger account as a means to Gmail :rolleyes:

Help me out when someone gets a chance. I'm a Google advocate :)