The Neowin gMail Request Thread

Asking and begging are not quite the same thing. Some people have been kind enough to invite complete strangers. It doesn't hurt to post a request. I understand that it is *unlikely* that someone will get what they want, but so what?

x2

No of attachments: No limit (AFAIK)

max size of attachment: 10 MB.

i wasn't asking what the gmail limits were, i was asking whether or not you really need a gb of storage.

is it really worth begging and looking like a dip**** for something you don't even need?

I can only speak for myself, but I could care less about having a GB of email. I just want to be part of Google's incredibly elite email network...

I, however, actually want to test for bugs and review it for other people. It's a beta test. Chances are it's not working 100% yet. I want to try it in multiple browsers, make sure everything works right, help find issues, find out how well everything works so that when friends and customers ask me about it in the future, I can give them an informed response.

To everyone still PMing/IMing/emailing me, I am sorry to say that my 2 invites are no longer available. Thanks again, will1394.

no thank you :D

Ok...it's starting to be annoying...

STOP BEGGING !!!!!

You succeeded to make me angry !!! And I don't have a GMail account either :angry:

Just calm down and accept it! You won't get a GMAil account for free unless you have FRIENDS who invite you... see the KEYword here?! FRIENDS !!! Not some guys you don't even know! :blink:

So, I don't think I'll post anymore here... just waiting until GMail is officially launched... :sleep:

Cheers!

good point (Y) - finally someone without a gmail account who isnt complaining - i just might keep you in mind [ if / when ] i get my gmail invites

so to restate: to get a gmail account you either need to trade something [ like i did] or have a friend with an invite [ like baker did :p ] - sure there will be some exceptions [ maybe edi in the future ] , but for now whining isnt going to get you a gmail account .

heh if you want sooo much space like gmail offers just run your own email server its FREE and you can actually feel like you accomplished somthing other than spamming the hell outta neowin's forums!

Here is a link that will walk you thru it step by step

http://www.dslwebserver.com/

now do that or just wait for gmail to be released to the public and be slow as hell cause everyone and their mother is accessing the site.

:laugh: lol @ iBaker

It's really hilarious. Some kid imed me and I said I would give him my account if he got me the All Windows DVD by iMMers1on. He was like oh yah I found it! (EVen though its not by iMMers1on and he siad ti was 4.7GB and in all reality its 2 dvd's @ 6.7GB. ) :rofl:

It's really hilarious. Some kid imed me and I said I would give him my account if he got me the All Windows DVD by iMMers1on. He was like oh yah I found it! (EVen though its not by iMMers1on and he siad ti was 4.7GB and in all reality its 2 dvd's @ 6.7GB. :rofl:l:

huh whats all windows dvd? wtf? are you giving away teh account that... *sob* i gave yo:cry:y:

Don't be a god damn idiot, Hardice. No one from Neowin is going to give you a gmail account.

OMG, 3 PMs in the last five minutes... GUYS, I DO NOT HAVE INVITES TO GIVE AWAY! Sheesh.. If you want one so bad, GO BUY IT!