Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

• Warez is a steaming pile of poo!
    • I'm a warez kiddie and/or i don't mind it

i dont get you people, you can get it for free but you buy it. think about it that way and you'll realize there is no good reason not to download it. who cares if its not honest, its not honest to charge $500 for a 10 cent cd and a cardboard box

I draw the line at the matter of profit. Its one thing for an aspiring designer etc. to pirate the software to learn and/or get interested in it. But when he lands that job/takes a class he really should buy his own. As long as it remains 'not for profit' (unlike the fiasco in Asia) I really don't mind it. Its when people try to make a buck that it really gets my goat. Same with music sharing. In itself I don't have a problem with it, but when I go to a wedding and the DJ is downloading his playlists from the web I get a little mad.

Originally posted by stuckwithme247

i dont get you people, you can get it for free but you buy it. think about it that way and you'll realize there is no good reason not to download it. who cares if its not honest, its not honest to charge $500 for a 10 cent cd and a cardboard box

ROFL!!!

HA! You think I'm really gonna shell out ?30 for a game that gives me 10 hours single player gameplay? NO WAY. Take Half-Life: Blue Shift for instance... not worth a PENNY because it is SO short [though the high definition pack is very good]. Few games are worthy of purchasing recently. Oh, and software... no point in denying that HUGE numbers of people have an illegal version of Office that their 'friend' gave them. I don't beleive the number of n00b's I see with the full version of Office; I really wanna know how most of them get it!

NEway, prices isn't a good way to justify doing it. You don't steal a better car because you can't afford. However, we're talking about software that isn't WORTH anything [as in games, etc, are SO short and don't offer any good gameplay].

Also, have we had a CLASSIC game come out recently? Half-Life was the last definitive classic. Other games have got good reviews but none stand out so clearly as Half-Life did. Also, now is a time of turmoil with many people having 450's bought from PCWorld only a few months ago, yet the big boys all have 2.2Ghz P4's or Athlon XP's.... never has there been SUCH A HUGE division in the hardware world. And look at the hardware that's gone nowhere.... screens, keyboards, soundcards.... they've all have inovations but they haven't got drammatically better like graphics have.

OH! My head hurts. Gud nite ppl.

to me warez is only bad if people decide to make mass copies of it and sell it.

Personal use is ok in my books.

Any when I said selling I'm even talking about those lamers who have warez sites full of banners and popup banners and get money for it. Thats the same thing. Anyone sellin deserves to get caught.

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Simple business, if purchases go up, prices can go down. Most of software costs are from development not from manufacturing. If everyone bought it, prices could be and would be cheaper.

that is totally wrong. lol i guess you never took economics???

the higher the demand, the more the companies try to sqeeze every peeny out of ya.... the less demand the prices drop. but then again priating software makes prices stay where they are or rise.

i'm poor, i rather spend my money on something else, and if i have to go through warez to get my ****, i will.

I buy all my games software because i can afford them, they are in my price range and its good to wait to save up to buy them. After all i would like the sequal to come out and its good to pay to keep the software house's alive. But with something like Office, or Photoshop the prices are just too high and i could never afford Office or Photoshop. Even if i had a job and could save the vast price its like 'Get the new paint program? when a new version of it will be out in a few months anyway and ill have to pay at least half the price again for the upgrade." or a buy a new PC/PC part that i need? Hard choice ;)

I like how with something like Maya, they released it in a Personal Edition for non-profit use. But they got that very wrong. Has anyone seen what they have done to it??? great big stupid watermark over the design panels! not just the renderings! :mad:

Yeah, I've used warez (sounds like a drug or something), but I find that a lot of open source stuff is simply.,.. better; I mean, OpenOffice isn't as great as Office XP, but it gets the job done and keeps getting updated. Photoshop, Fireworks; I love them, but for everyday stuff, I'm finding that the GIMP is great! It's just all about if you want to take the time to find the legal software over the easy way with warez; now, movies and music; I think THOSE should be legalized. I mean, if you "bought" American Pie 2, you should be able to distribute it; you paid for that movie, it should be yours to do whatever you want.

I support Warez... Most of the stuff i dload is for education purposes.. i dont have money to spend for 1000's of dollars of software... and any game isn't worth my 50 buxs.. but if it is.. i may buy it

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I get warez programs online to see if i wanna buy it or not. Once i test it, i either go get it, or uninstall it. That simple. I think if everyone did that, it would be ok. But to use warez all the time instead of purchasing it, i cant agree with.

Originally posted by mortensen

NEway, prices isn't a good way to justify doing it. You don't steal a better car because you can't afford.

If I could go to the car dealership and scan in a car and create a duplicate of the car, then I would steal it. I understand that the programmers/developers should get fair compensation for their work, but that doesn't really happen. If all were fair then no company would make money. The money they made would be the exact amount to cover a preset paygrade and expences of running the company. The fact the Bill Gates has billions of dollars just goes to show how "unfair" it all is.

And why does the software industry complain so much when their software is hacked? I am sure that many of the best programmers out there started out as hackers. Who better to design new software than those who broke the old software. It is a symbiotic relationship. They need eachother.

Piracy is not honest, but it isn't quite as bad as stealing material belongings. Over the internet, software is less stolen and more duplicated. The original remains and new one is created. I say: GO WAREZ!:evil:

I can see why people warez costly software like Office or Photoshop, as they are programs alot of people would like to have or need, but can't afford.

Now what I think is kinda low and whatever is when people warez software like Winzip or a variety of other low cost software that is from small development firms (or may not be, but is still cheap). I mean is $20 really too much to ask for software that you really find usefull?

I personally use a quite a few open free source software packages, but I don't think those will last (as free that is), unless the developers find some other income. I'm talking about larger software here not just little utilities. But who knows.

i personally think warez are COOL because i just cant affored photoshop and other products and he if i can get it for FREE bet your ASS ill get it :)

Warez 4 ever

let em tell you this from my last post i have been using all the proggies for about 4 years now and i know my way around them so when i get out of collage by the time in 24 ill know quite a bit dont you think and that will get me ahead of everything. One day if anyone asks how i got so good my answer will be simple Warez, although i might whisper it so i dont go to jail :D

Originally posted by DoubleJ

If all were fair then no company would make money. The money they made would be the exact amount to cover a preset paygrade and expences of running the company.

The point of most companies is to make money, to have some sort of profit above what the costs of running the company are. Honestly if you were in Bill Gates position would you still be complaining? I rather doubt it, I know I wouldn't.

And why does the software industry complain so much when their software is hacked? I am sure that many of the best programmers out there started out as hackers. Who better to design new software than those who broke the old software. It is a symbiotic relationship. They need eachother.

It's not so much hackers they have a problem with, it's the ones that release the source code and publicize their methods that they have a problem with. But you are right, you'd be surprised how many programmers at MS used to be hackers (isn't every programmer though in some way...?).

[/b]t honest, but it isn't quite as bad as stealing material belongings. Over the internet, software is less stolen and more duplicated. The original remains and new one is created. I say: GO WAREZ!:evil:[/b]

I really don't see the difference. Just because someone originally bought the software and just provided copies doesn't mean those copies are stealing. Those copies might have otherwise been purchases that the developer would have made some money on.

With that said I won't lie, I have downloaded lots of software to use, but generally only till I could afford to purchase it. I mean if I use a software package that often then I obviously need it or find it of good use, so why shouldn't I compensate the developers for their work? Not saying that I am any better than those who just download and never pay, this is just me.

most of the software I have is only used once or twice, and then left to rot on my hard disk anyway. So I don't mind using time-limited shareware trials, but I have no choice but to warez them when the shareware is crippled. I cannot afford to pay hundreds of dollars for software that is only used once or twice only!

Personally, I think that MS Office and other suites like that are massively overpriced. I simply don't understand how they can expect to charge thousands of bucks for it...

Most of the time, the software lifetime during which it stays current is so short that it isn't worth buying it. We all know that humans have the urge to get the latest and the greatest, but with the new releases that come out every half a year, that kinda reduces the lifetime...

Of course there are some of us who are content to use like 10 year old software on a 386, "because it works!", but admit it, most of us still like to get the latest software.

The short lifetime stuff is especially relevant to movies, music, and games. You don't know if you will like it until you watch/listen/play, and although you should definitely buy it if it appeals to you after evaluating it through the illicit channels, because of the relatively lower costs.

Of course, we all hate warez kiddies who think they are 133+ h8x0rz just because they download warez, or those who "collect" warez, because there seems to be no reason for them to have those, except to show off, or appeal to some primieval instinct... Not all people who use warez may be classified as warez kiddies, as the poll suggests.

damn people are writing massive responses to this ****, do you guys act like this in school to?

Firstly, there are many people here who aren't children. Secondly, you've spammed by posting stuff like "Toxic, your avatar is cool!". Don't mind me too much cuz we had an incident with msn`/scoobie/comet/etc. who spammed the living daylights outa this forum. Just try to make your reply's relevent to the topic.

I think office is way too expensive. I don't support warez but who paid for the damn thing??? I should also be able to install windows on more than 1 computer in my home.

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Firstly, there are many people here who aren't children. Secondly, you've spammed by posting stuff like "Toxic, your avatar is cool!". Don't mind me too much cuz we had an incident with msn`/scoobie/comet/etc. who spammed the living daylights outa this forum. Just try to make your reply's relevent to the topic.

I think office is way too expensive. I don't support warez but who paid for the damn thing??? I should also be able to install windows on more than 1 computer in my home.

sorry for the dumbass post, but his avatar is really cool, ne ways if software was around 75% less then what is it now, after thinking bout it i think i would buy it because authors but hard work into there stuff, but ne thing from MS needs to be priated because they have ****ed so many people over

Originally posted by Toxikk

arrrrrrrrrrr matie

LMGDFAO!!!...perfect Toxikk

Warez. Truly a complicated issue. I'm on the fence with warez. I have a job so i buy most/all of my software. However, i download like a fiend to try stuff out and decide whether i want to spend my hard earned money for it or not.

iD software games are an automatic buy because i know that the gaming community is going to come up with a shitload of mods for it, and multiplayer will eventually rock once their have been a few point releases for it. so buying the game is not a cost issue because of all the enjoyment i'll get out of it. many other games are not that clear of an issue and so i download a warez copy to see if it is worth my time. and don't say that is what demos are for, demos are BS. demos are like getting you hooked on crack and then saying, man if you want some more, come to the ghetto and buy it bitch.

most business software is an easier choice since what i use for business and personal computing is more limited and because usually what runs on my system is given to me from work, if it's not and it's a program that i love, i'll buy it.

People who are learning computing usually have no choice but to warez. to newbies (new to the industry, but looking to make a career of it) software is prohibitively expensive. there is no way in hell photoshop is worth the price that it's charged. point blank! NO F***ING WAY!!!

M$ is high too for selling software that is way way way too expensive. Look, WIN95 was worth the price charged, but 98 should have been a FREE UPGRADE or VERY CHEAP upgade to 95! Same with ME. XP should have been the first new OS from M$ that was significantly expensive,and the cost to existing owners of the 9X series should have been much more affordable than it was. The NT line is a little different. 2K shouldn't have been a free upgrade to NT4, but it should have been cheaper for existing owners, same for XP.

Office is the same way. 95 should be expensive, 98-XP should have either been free or cheaper to existing owners. Now if you didn't buy 95 and 98, 2K was your first purchase, then that should cost you mucho dinero (meaning what M$ currently charges for the OS or software suite in the case of office). But to existing owners the prices should be much, much cheaper.

Warez exploded for one reason and one reason only. Most software is TOO DAMNED EXPENSIVE and these companies decided that they'd all get rich if they charged people up the ass for it!!!