Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

• Warez is a steaming pile of poo!
    • I'm a warez kiddie and/or i don't mind it

i'm just 14, and i cant buy a prog... i have to steal my dads visa?

I dont care the developpers get payd lot of cash why? bcoz 80% of the ppl who own a computer dont know what warez is...

Progs are too expensive, i know that it's not good for the developpers but...come on...overyone does what it wants...and by the way it's not stealing, my neiber is a police man and he use warez progs and he is not in jail for that...warez is ok for personal use only...

nywayz...dont start yelling after me...it's my opinion

I do warez so sue me! But everything i pirate and use *ALOT I go out and buy. i Bought WinRAR i mean come on lol. I also plan on buying photoshop too. so i think warez actually helps!

i thought people weren't allowed to have "Banned" under their avatar unless they are really banned, b/c it will cause confusion. ;)

What I dont get is how companies cry about software pir8's stealing from them and they have to charge more money. Well ever since I have been around Adobe Photoshop has been over 500$. So what happen? I belive they just cry so they can take a tax break on their taxes due to software pir8's.

Talk about big business getting bigger and richer. I buy software, the 40$ kind sometimes 50$ kind. Games, little things DVD software stuff like that. I support the little guy who charges what the software is worth and makes a few dollars off it. Not Mr. Bill Gates I have too much money and want to get richer by charging 300$ for Full copy of Windows XP Pro.

We all know that big business have to make more money but come on man thats just too much.

We are the people who try and test the software, then when we get jobs in the real world what software do you think we will reconmend? Duh stuff we downloaded.

So stick it to the BIG TIME companies and pay for the little guy. :bandit:

This has been my two cents.

However, I myself do use warez. Is it legal? No. In the eyes of the law, it is theft. :( Is it morally justifiable? Perhaps. But do I still go on and use it? Yes. ;)

Just some points to think about.. Prices for software.. are too high for most people. I believe software houses tend to price more for the corporation....

Things like Photoshop, Office, Visio, Flash.. they're way too overpriced for me. I'm a student. I live off my parents. I'm not too particularly wealthy, and employment for me is still not an option due to hectic schedules and workloads. Will there ever be anyway I can afford them? Obviously not. Hence the need to warez.

What about those individual software packages such as WinRAR, Winzip? Some say that they're cheap, you should register them. Well.. the fact is that for a student like me without much cash to spare , US$20 is quite a pretty huge amount, especially after currency conversion rates. Add that to the fact that some products don't have life-time upgrades.. and you can see that the costs tend to add rapidly. ( For the record, I did buy some software legally that had life-time upgrades and were competitively priced )...

And for those who say that selling pirated CDs is bad, let me just put it this way. Not everybody in Asia has access to the Net, let alone broadband. Even then, most don't know about warez sites or its ilk. Hence, buying pirated CDs is for them the easiest and simplest way to get the software they need..