4074 DCE / DWM, Enabled (Kinda)

Try alt+tab

Tried that, but didn't see anything you wouldn't see in windows xp, so I figure something's not right. But thanks for the reply!

i was digging around with stickynote.exe and found out that many functions use methods from the assembly 'StickyNoteBubble.dll' (StickyNoteBubble, Version=6.0.4030.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e0e73d5e60c20d3c) i think the core stuff is out there and we won't be able to use stickynotes until we have this dll

for anyone interested in the stickynotes i found this:

Ok, I did some hacking around the StickyNote*.dll files and found what appears to be the template for StickyNotes. It doesn't work however, it's asking for a parent parameter. Anybody know anything about it?

To see the error do "StickyNote.exe Note.txt" or whatever you name the note. The real extension is .stickynote (as seen when you do StickyNote.exe /new) but .txt processes the same. Try to fill in as much info as you can.

Code:

<AnnotationBubbleData MajorVer="1" MinorVer="0" xmlns=" ">

<MetaData>

<CreateTime></CreateTime>

<Position>

<Top />

<Left />

</Position>

<Size>

<Width></Width>

<Height></Height>

</Size>

<Iconized>False</Iconized>

<Thumbnail></Thumbnail>

<Color>#FFFBF7C8</Color>

<Caption></Caption>

</MetaData>

<Data>

<Text>

<RichTextBoxXAML></RichTextBoxXAML>

</Text>

<Ink></Ink>

<Audio></Audio>

<Snippet>

<Image />

<Context></Context>

<ContextUri></ContextUri>

</Snippet>

</Data>

</AnnotationBubbleData>

That's the stuff I ripped from the dll. If you try to add something like "<Parent>Whatever</Parent>" before or after <AnnotationBubbleData>, it says invalid file format. So I think the stuff above is definitely the format of StickyNotes, but it's just missing a few things.

if you find anything spectacular from this and you get it working pm me please :D

Still trying to interface with the SitckyNotes class. Not a lot of info on the SDK apart from the properties and methods used. No descriptions of what they do.

The sticky notes appear to be stored in the WinFS store. If anybody has any more info please post. I will continue at this and let people know how I get on.

• 7 months later...

Wow, what a crap of the future OS. Who the **** needs 3D windows on the desktop...i wonder....

I can't let OS to take 512 MB of my system memory, and its functionality is not even better than windows 2000's or XP's, but only system consuming crap.

Eventually i'm gonna be forced to upgrade my system to Longhorn, but I'm gonna cut down that crap of OS to the minimum...

It is using a lot of your RAM because it is only in ALPHA. Longhorn is designed for Systems in 2006, not now. :\

When LH is released, I'm sure you'll be able to disable the Aero/DWM.

Wow, what a crap of the future OS. Who the **** needs 3D windows on the desktop...i wonder....

I can't let OS to take 512 MB of my system memory, and its functionality is not even better than windows 2000's or XP's, but only system consuming crap.

Eventually i'm gonna be forced to upgrade my system to Longhorn, but I'm gonna cut down that crap of OS to the minimum...

585177310[/snapback]

well you obviously didnt take the time to learn what lh brings to the table there is no 3D windows on the desktop. only hardware rendered windows similar to what is already done with the gpu on a mac and rendering the windows.

585177310[/snapback]

Wow, someone doesn't know what he's talking about :rolleyes:

Well personally, I would rather have a 3D desktop instead of a 2D one since my card is not amazingly good for 2D just like every other 3D card. And I am talking of an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Just try the visualizer thingie in Winamp5 and set it to full screen, 1024 ? 768 resolution, etc. You will see that it is laggy and I believe this is 2D, since it does not display faster than my old ATI Radeon 9200 card.

Seriously. Why don't they make it 3D right now? I mean, you would see it like you see windows now, but it would be in 3D (there is a way to make 3D look flat like the current Windows). I am sure my card would display things faster that way using less ressources.:pp Except there will still be textures....

Or maybe I am wrong.