4074 DCE / DWM, Enabled (Kinda)

I use Camtasia Studio to capture all my desktop actions and works like a charm, excellent quality videos, it's not freeware but you can dl a trial version.

Hope it helped...

It seems to be OK, but when I enable DCE, it doesn't record anything (only black). :(

I can't get DWM to work on my machine.

Same here, but, mine doesn't lock up, it just flashes the cmd prompt... :wacko:

Same here - So I created a bat so I can recover from it locking... It doesn't lock as such, but the DWM "layer" freezes. You can still do stuff, you just wont see it.

stop.bat = C:\WINDOWS\i386\SBCtl.exe stop

Put stop.bat in a corner of your screen away from everything else, when it freezes just double click on it (Don't worry if you think it's truly frozen, it's not - You can still click and run things you just wont be able to see what's going on). As soon as you double click the bat it'll stop the frozen DWM and bring you back to normal :)

Got this on iexbeta.. enjoy

" first load notepad type c:\windows\i386\sbctl.exe start

Save as dwm.bat on your desktop

close notepad

click start run and type gpedit.msc

locate computer configuration, windows settings, scripts (startup/shutdown)

double click startup, then add, browse, locate your dwm.bat, then ok everything then close everything that is open then shut down and restart

Now evertime you launch lh-4074 you will have DWM aka DCE enabled

Hope this is of some interest to you all"

ok, here is my problem:

i can enable dce and it works alright, but the whole color. on the whole screen isnt the same. :cry: its all kinda blur. very lighted and so. i cant really read text or find windows.... Perhaps a driver problem?? :blush:

I use a geforce4 go 420 with 32mb, which i heard befre on irc should work...

i also have the forceware 5.3.0.0 drivers installed.. any help

i got 2.6 p4 512 ram and dwm is very slow. slate works much faster then jade though, and i dont have the fade in windows, i do have transperency though

Got this on iexbeta.. enjoy

" first load notepad type c:\windows\i386\sbctl.exe start

Save as dwm.bat on your desktop

close notepad

click start run and type gpedit.msc

locate computer configuration, windows settings, scripts (startup/shutdown)

double click startup, then add, browse, locate your dwm.bat, then ok everything then close everything that is open then shut down and restart

Now evertime you launch lh-4074 you will have DWM aka DCE enabled

Hope this is of some interest to you all"

That doesn't work either, at least not on my system :(

I think what the deal with the different experiences are, is this :

Different display drivers yield different results. Also, different themes (jade seems slower than slate)

this is all preliminary, but I think we should experiment to find which drivers work the best.

Well it doesn't lock up on my AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with a gig of memory.

What mobo do you have? And were you using PATA or SATA?

It seems to be OK, but when I enable DCE, it doesn't record anything (only black). :(

Go to Recorder\Tools\Options\Program\

and make sure that "Disable display acceleration during capture" box is checked.

you also should check the "Minimize before starting capture"

Now when you press record you'll see a black screen splash, that's ok, it's just the prog disabling what I mentioned above, then you'll see your screen again, after the record is over you'll see again the black screen splash and then just follow the pop-ups.

If you need more info just tell me what you need, I use it a lot. Now go make some nice DCE / DWM vids...

Can anybody tell what files cbctl.exe uses?

I tried to enable DCE on 4074 AMD64 build, but there is no i386 or amd64 in \windows

the file is included on the cd, but its packed, when i run cbctl.exe from an extracted folder, the systems hangs, guess its missing files.

So... is their a tool, that can see what dll a app is using

for people who have DWM locking up on them everytime they enable it, are you sure your graphics card adapters are installed, because when i first installed it, i had the Standard VGA adapter installed, and i had to install my ATI drivers and then now DWM enables nicely.

how is everyone installing their drivers? I have 9600pro and tried installing ati's drivers and got nothing but windows reverting to default window drivers. Can someone help me out?

how is everyone installing their drivers? I have 9600pro and tried installing ati's drivers and got nothing but windows reverting to default window drivers. Can someone help me out?

right click on the setup file for the drivers and go to properties and got compatibility tab and select Windows XP. that should work, i had your problem as well but this trick did the job.

This looks cool. When I get XP back on/ any old OS working, and get a stable Longhorn well see what happens. :) Is there going to be a release soon or is this this going to be another AA style release? ;) Anyone got this working with onboard laptop graphics cards yet?

Either way those calls are for some sort of 3d UI or 3d interface for something. That MilRender file isnt being used by anything it has dependencies but nothing that ive found so far depends on it, I disassembled it with pe explorer and have been digging thru it. Hopefully someone else has better luck then I and incase It wasnt posted here the way I got Dwm Enabled was

rundll32 c:\windows\system32\uxdesk.dll,DwmStartComposition

I believ that was the exact one but if not just look in thte uxdesk dll