Running Mac OS X on x86 PC!

Question

Menge: But there has to be SOME way that you can write a script for Linux or something that you can set to load on the Boot.ini that will automatically load and mount the image.

Rob2678: Oh I know that, but I could still go to my class with the bragging rightes that I can boot any of the three major operating systems on my laptop.

You could make another partiton with just windows or linux installed and strip it right down by removing all the crap (in the case of windows) and drop a shortcut to pearpc in the startup folder of that partition.

That way when you boot up you will have three option.

1. Windows XP

2. Windows XP (stripped down pear pc version)

3. Linux

I dont know enough about linux to tell you how to make a program load on startup.

wow...this thread is still going...

Whats pearpc like nowadays anyway?>

585275963[/snapback]

They are working on sound, using your actual cd/dvd drive, and Altivec emulation, among other things

Hello,

Does any know how to setup the hardwares in mac os x? I use pearpc to run mac os x. But Mac OS X can't find my soundcard and mouse. If anyone knows how to setup the hardwares, please email or reply me. Thanks a lot.

E-mail: coolhsieh@ntlworld.com

I know that PearPC doesnt emulate built in USB yet, but is it possible for it to share an already working XP internet connection? MY modem is USB you see, and wont work within PearPC. Just a wild thought :)

It's been said a million times, but I have to say it again. It's not worth emulating OS X on a PC. You might as well spend a little money on a Mac Mini. It's cheap, it's small enough to sit on top of your PC, it networks pretty well, and works great for P2P (Bittorrent, eDonkey, Kazaa, you name it). This way you can save the PC for gaming and all that sweet stuff.

It's been said a million times, but I have to say it again. It's not worth emulating OS X on a PC. You might as well spend a little money on a Mac Mini. It's cheap, it's small enough to sit on top of your PC, it networks pretty well, and works great for P2P (Bittorrent, eDonkey, Kazaa, you name it). This way you can save the PC for gaming and all that sweet stuff.

585446082[/snapback]

$500 for a p2p computer? you must be loaded

After reading those last threads, I've got the feeling os x is running pretty smooth on the newest PearPC version. I just discovered this thread and I'm just dying to try this out.

Too bad school restarts tomorrow :no:

After reading those last threads, I've got the feeling os x is running pretty smooth on the newest PearPC version. I just discovered this thread and I'm just dying to try this out.

Too bad school restarts tomorrow :no:

585465467[/snapback]

yea, i posted this in another thread, but set your redraw to 10

redraw_interval_msec = 10

you should have a P4 2.6GHz or above really to make this work while keeping your computer stable, but it really runs great.