Logitech DiNovo

Well when i had my MS keyboard, I really had to have line of sight when sat on my bed, and even then sometimes it wouldn't register every press. With this I just drag the media pad and control my movies and music, which is displayed on my TV, from my bed; because BT doesn't need line of sight. Not to mention checking out the odd email and seeing who's on Messenger :D

Now Dazzla, that was an 27 MHz RF kit, not a bluetooth kit. You failed to mention that ;) Thats not exactly comparing apples to apples you know? The Microsoft Bluetooth set works amazingly, I can take my keyboard outside and across the yard (BIG YARD) and it still works. Thats because Bluetooth is really a networking protocol, so it works longer range than something like a 27 MHz wireless setup does. The advantage of this kit over Microsoft's Bluetooth? This one's style, this one has better battery management (Microsoft made the battery management hundreds times better in the next revision of their hardware, but never re-made the bluetooth kit :cry:). That's about it really. The huge con being it's VERY expensive. I'd never pay that much for a keyboard and mouse :| I do have some sanity left in me. I love the looks of the kit, just dislike Logitech, and think (heh.. KNOW THAT) it is EXTREMELY overpriced.

Oh and Dazzla, I had much more respect for you before you put an immature comment like "Neowin - MS Sucks Our Ass" on your display screen.... Nice, very nice :rolleyes:

Edited by Betaz

• 2 weeks later...

hey dazzla and anyone else that has the Dinovo keyboard...

is it true that there's no "Num Lock" button on the keyboard?

i'm planning on ordering the keyboard tomorrow, and i was just wondering if there's any problems or disappointments you've have with the keyboard so far

there is no numlock button as such, rather 2 buttons on the media pad to select between using it as a numerical pad or a navigational one.

only gripe is the mouse is not really up to scratch when it comes to fast fps games, still have to use my old microsoft intellimouse.

keyboard is amazing, took me a few days to get used to the laptop keys, but now i have it is so much better than anything i have used in the past.

plus it has the wow factor when you can control your music coming through your speakers using the media pad in the garden :D

worth almost every penny...it is damn expensive :p

ahh yes. thanks for the info nealwainwright. ;)

yeah i've been using the logitech mx duo for about a year, and the logitech cordless duo for a year before that.

so i'm alright with the weight and sensitivity of the mouse. i'm not a hardcore gamer at all, although i do like to have a comfortable experience when i do play.

plus i use my laptop a lot too, so i don't think i'd have much trouble adjusting to the keys.

i agree with the media keys. i absolutely love the controls on the logitech keyboards.

currently i'm dorming and am limited with desk space, so i have to tuck my keyboard in one of the desk drawer things, which creates som difficulty reaching for the media keys at the back (top) of the keyboard.

i really think this keyboard will be a great buy

i just hope that logitech doesn't release some new and improved dinovo anytime soon.

oh, i also read that there's problems with using the keyboard during boot.

like i heard you can't enter the BIOS or do anytime before windows boots. what's your experience with that?

someone also pointed out that it take a while for windows to load with the keyboard and media pad @ boot.

and with the mediapad, has there been any updates with setpoint that allow it to display information with winamp or itunes?

thanks ;)

Windows takes no longer to boot then normal for me, the mouse takes an extra few seconds to initialize when it's on the desktop, for an extra 2 or so seconds the cursor won't move whilst it's discovering devices. I can enter the BIOS fine with my DiNovo and navigate fine with it as well. There's been no update from what I know of to allow Winamp or iTunes info on the Media Pad, it's a shame because that's what I'm gagging for.

Windows takes no longer to boot then normal for me, the mouse takes an extra few seconds to initialize when it's on the desktop, for an extra 2 or so seconds the cursor won't move whilst it's discovering devices. I can enter the BIOS fine with my DiNovo and navigate fine with it as well. There's been no update from what I know of to allow Winamp or iTunes info on the Media Pad, it's a shame because that's what I'm gagging for.

Strange since they support them with their other keyboards.

Strange since they support them with their other keyboards.

I think you've misunderstood. The controls work fine with every media app I've tried:

DiNovo3.jpg

But on the Media Pad there's an LCD screen, with Windows Media Player 9 it displays ID3 info and Movie info when it's playing, that only works with WMP9:

DiNovo13.jpg

I think you've misunderstood. The controls work fine with every media app I've tried:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sherry.pontin...ovo/DiNovo3.jpg

But on the Media Pad there's an LCD screen, with Windows Media Player 9 it displays ID3 info and Movie info when it's playing, that only works with WMP9:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sherry.pontin...vo/DiNovo13.jpg

Ah gotcha. I'm actually considering (again) getting one, but I'm unsure if it would be worth it since I have the cordless mx duo already. :/

Any word on how they work with OSX? Also, hows the keyboard on your wrists? Most ppl hate laptop keyboards (which is what Dazzla said this is like) so I'm wondering what ppl thing of this thing

It's like a laptop keyboard in that it's ultra thin and has low travel keys. If you despise laptop keyboards you will not like this.

i too have the cordless mx duo, although the mouse's coating is starting to ruin, where my fore finger and middle finger lie, also my palm.

i really hope i don't abuse the mx900 as much, i don't like the end results...

anyway, here's a nice picture that i think shows the thinness of the keyboard extremely well. (it was taken from another online review)

post-104-1086639338.jpg

even though this seems to be true, most diNovo owners don't seem to have any problems.

here's a snippet from the online review i posted above:

"As for the MX900 mouse: so far I've used it for about 8 hours and I love everything about it. I haven't experienced any random disconnects like I did with my old MX Duo and it seems it has less latency than the MX700 which came with the MX Duo. I'm not sure if it's just me, but this mouse feels like it tracks smoother than my old MX700 and has an extremely comfortable feel and fits perfectly in my hand. Just to checkup on battery consumption, I checked the battery level in the 'set point' software and it said the level was 'good', and battery bar was to the top. I had read that Bluetooth devices use more battery power than traditional wireless ones, but so far I have yet to see this."

I don't know if someone already said this but the only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't a natural (split) keyboard. Otherwise, nice choice. Also, I love your workstation setup (although, I'd stick the computer on the floor). It's just so clean looking. Very nice.

i too have the cordless mx duo, although the mouse's coating is starting to ruin, where my fore finger and middle finger lie, also my palm.

i really hope i don't abuse the mx900 as much, i don't like the end results...

anyway, here's a nice picture that i think shows the thinness of the keyboard extremely well. (it was taken from another online review)

wow this is the first time I hear of someone else having this problem as well. It made the mouse look like crap and I really didn't like it anymore, I've been using an mx510 since they came out, and b/c of the surface of the mouse, it has not degraded in quality at all :p

wow this is the first time I hear of someone else having this problem as well. It made the mouse look like crap and I really didn't like it anymore, I've been using an mx510 since they came out, and b/c of the surface of the mouse, it has not degraded in quality at all :p

Yup, mines showing it age too with the fading paint :cry: , my old Intellimouse Explorer 1.0 looks 100 times worse though, lol.

so eastwood, your mx510 doesn't show any signs of fading?

i really hope they improved the coating with the mx900

The 900 I think has the same material coating as the 500 and 700, just tinted.