Compact Luna

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been trying out some different fonts for the start button. I think I found one that looks pretty good.

See attached image.

STARTBUTTON.JPG

This one is called Square721 EX BT

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

The wallpaper I used is called "Aqua Matrix" By "georgelouis" Get the original at deviantart.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/6443840/

I just used Photoshop and desaturated the color.

i would rather see more stuff like this then all these mac ports i have nothing against them but there are just so many of them floating around! i think i'll add this to my collection! we need more original from scratch themes then mac ports :laugh:

Are you using windows xp or windows 2003 server? Cos' that file is a msstyle file which runs on the 2 Oses and need either stylexp to run (don't use it) or the uxtheme.dll patch.

More info on how to use:

http://www.belchfire.net/section-viewarticle-12.html

I am using Windows XP... thanks for the help! My desktop is finally looking different! :D I am haing one problem though -- My icons appear in 256 colors after I used TweakUI to 'Rebuild Icons'. How can I restore them to their former state? I am currently using 800x600x16bit. When I use 24bit, the icons appear in full color.

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by rbet

This skin is wonderful. Its slim but good looking.

I especially love the ergonomic skin. I'm using it now.

This is my new visual style and since its my only non xp default style i've ever liked to use thats saying something.

i would rather see more stuff like this then all these mac ports i have nothing against them but there are just so many of them floating around! i think i'll add this to my collection! we need more original from scratch themes then mac ports :laugh:

How is this original? It's just another Luna mod..:huh:

I've always wished it comes out in Black :woot: Downloading now :D

I second that! :D

And nothing wrong with Luna remakes if they're well made and polished. :)

Both a slimmed down *and* black version. Yay! :)

How is this original?  It's just another Luna mod..:huh:

You know, I could say this about many Aqua mods too. ;)

how about delete the word "Start" from the button?

btw, if you change the fonts color to green, look so much a Matrix style ;)

Alex

Yeh you should make the button without the start and a verison with.

AND what are you doing to the start button that font is so not it. Change it back to the orginal windows xp font or add a bit of longhorn to the start button.

There is still the problem with the maximise button, when the button cannot be used it is not there. Just open calulator you will see the maximise button missing. This is in the blue visual style

I thought that calculator didn't have the maximize button.

It does not but you se a shadded button there, but on the thme it is juts a whole blank

AND what are you doing to the start button that font is so not it. Change it back to the orginal windows xp font or add a bit of longhorn to the start button.

There is still the problem with the maximise button, when the button cannot be used it is not there. Just open calulator you will see the maximise button missing. This is in the blue visual style

I agree, that font just doesn?t look right. Same for the caption buttons, I will change them both in the next release.