Compact Luna

Well, I may do that in the future. Last year I did a thin mod of the original three colors with a regular start menu.

You can get it here-->Thin taskbar regular startmenu

:) Thanks for this link, but there is no black color in that version of thinluna. :(

This VS looks the best in black. Thanks for Your work grrinder :D

Love Ur work.

why do i hate deviantart so much????:wacko::

Because of the abundance of this: http://www.deviantart.com/view/7367502/

And this: http://www.deviantart.com/view/7237608/

Well, that's why I hate it anyway. :blink:: And of course, because you still can't use search unless you're a member.

As for the style, nice work, and nice choice of colors. I like it more than NewLuna and the other thin Luna mods. But I agree with the masses that start menu button/font really needs to be changed. The taskbar could also stand to be a tad thicker.

Edit: Oops, didn't see you had updated and changed stuff already, thanks. I still think the taskbar needs to be thicker though. at least the size of the taskbar in Windows Classic.

Edited by Nuroticat

Very nice 'not another' Luna style you have there mate! :p

I like it, very minimal with the thin start bar and that,

Also the Matrix Code wallpapers give it a little extra methinks. :yes:

Ok I made some small changes to the star button and fixed a bug in the caption buttons.

I will make a version with a full size start menu if you really want it, will take a while though.

As for a white version, I'll give it a try also.

Download at deviantart

Is there any way to optimize it? For example make a black only version?

I have not tried it yet and I have no clue on this matter, but from the filesize:

Original luna msstyles file is 4 megs

Yours is 5.61 megs

If you compare both directories (Luna and CompLuna)

Luna - 5.03 megs

Yours - 7.70 megs

I hope that I do not sound like an idiot... is any optimization or a black only version possible? ;)

Nevermind found it on the actual website...

It looks so much better now with that start button and the caption buttons fixed.

Just wondering if it would look nice if the Log off and turn off buttons were blended in with the background on the blue theme so that there was no red or brown box there, just the key and circle.

Another idea i have is move the text on the start menu thats says user who is logged in to the right, add a picture box that is half on the menu and half transparent, i think someone postd a theme that had this. It is like longhorn slate style!!!

I am using the style (black theme) and it works great

I have one comment.. the orange highlighting on an active tab (that you see with the System Properties window) for example is still the default orange.. maybe changing it to a shade of gray would make it fit in better.

Also this is probably totally out of the question but you would become a god if you also made a Firefox theme like this :D

Nice visual style! :)

One thing though: the black one has some ugly bright/dark parts in the caption bar to the left and the right. It's like vertical lines, and it shows both in the small and big caption bars. Or is it just me..?

Excellent Luna variation. Thank you.

It is possible to make the upper left & right corners square (instead of round)? IMHO, on a thin titlebar, square looks better than round.

My last comment: For a quick example go to the "Run" window, the icon where the usual '?' is (for help) is a weird little thing instead of the ?

Was that intentional? It makes it have no relation to any help function whatsoever