S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl

the bloom in those screens its very adecuate since it happens only on those surfaces that can reflect the light.

btw, the texture blurryness its still there but not as bad as it used too

Nice job making each shot a different post to ###### your post count up.

he attached each image to avoid hotlinking, and you can attach only one per post :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry then.

I got an se card and it blew pretty hard.

I have a 5700 Ultra and I'm very happy with it. Although now a 5900xt is only like 20 or 30 usd more.

2nd shot has too bright light...it's like a freakin stadium spotlight projector on his head(you can see it in 7th and 3rd shot)

same with 4th shot

6th shot has that wierd gun ironsight shadow on the wall...wtf it's coming from?

8th shot is also very wierd..there is that gun ironsight shadow and shadow is UNDER the light :wacko:

2nd shot has too bright light...it's like a freakin stadium spotlight projector on his head(you can see it in 7th and 3rd shot)

same with 4th shot

6th shot has that wierd gun ironsight shadow on the wall...wtf it's coming from?

8th shot is also very wierd..there is that gun ironsight shadow and shadow is UNDER the light :wacko:

The source of light for most of those is a head mounted light....

The bright effect you talk about... I think that's the bloom effect, which I am not a fan of....yet. It looked shocking in Deus Ex: Invisible War.

edit Looking at those shots, some of those light ARE a bit too bright...

@ANova: Thanks for the headsup about the 256MB 9600XT...I will avoid it.....is the 9600XT the "Bravo" model?

after all the game info i have come to realise that stalker is nothing more than a graphics whorefest and nothing more. It is just shoot em up. I dont think gameplay wise it can compete with HL2`s and Dooms

same with 4th shot

try to increase contrast and decrease brightness,

Chode, I just saw the face animation videos you gave me, thats looks great, but I dont know, after seeing the G-Man face animation in the e3 2004 half-life 2 video every face animation seems... well, not right

,May 19 2004, 16:03] Chode, I just saw the face animation videos you gave me, thats looks great, but I dont know, after seeing the G-Man face animation in the e3 2004 half-life 2 video every face animation seems... well, not right

I know what you mean....Half Life 2 offers a lot of impressive things, as does other titles like Doom 3, etc etc.

I just hope that the facial animation is used in a proper manner, not just for 2 minutes of eye candy at the start or something

I know what you mean....Half Life 2 offers a lot of impressive things, as does other titles like Doom 3, etc etc.

I just hope that the facial animation is used in a proper manner, not just for 2 minutes of eye candy at the start or something

nah, watch the complete video, you are going to know what I mean, if you give me some hours I can setupt an ftp with it for you :)

btw, about doom 3, Im starting to think that its all about just the atmosphere and some shaders

I think this will be a great title (after reading several reviews/interviews and hearing the makers talk about it on a gamers tv show)

I'm buying it. That's for sure

this is gona crap all over my video card :(

if it needs more then farcry I am sooo boned...

ahwell

better get a job at EA or ubisoft :)

,May 19 2004, 16:18] nah, watch the complete video, you are going to know what I mean, if you give me some hours I can setupt an ftp with it for you :)

Do you mean last years E3 trailer, or the new one?

If it's the new one, I'm getting it off my brother next week. What else does it show (besides apparently some new facial animation)?

this is gona crap all over my video card :(

if it needs more then farcry I am sooo boned...

ahwell

better get a job at EA or ubisoft :)

people in e3 say that this engine its very well coded and it will run great even in low mid-range systems, someone even said that he managed to get the game running in a celeron 1.7 with intel integrated graphic card with an steady fps

,May 19 2004, 16:29] people in e3 say that this engine its very well coded and it will run great even in low mid-range systems, someone even said that he managed to get the game running in a celeron 1.7 with intel integrated graphic card with an steady fps

:|

wow...got linkage, dude..or is it just what someone said?

Do you mean last years E3 trailer, or the new one?

If it's the new one, I'm getting it off my brother next week. What else does it show (besides apparently some new facial animation)?

the facial animation its just about 1 min, the entire video its 24+, it shows a glimpse on the gamplay, new footage and some dialogs, it is clear that HL2 will focus on characters development besides other things

:|

wow...got linkage, dude..or is it just what someone said?

to be exact I think I saw it in one of your threads, but dont quote me in that :blush:

Power Color Radeon 9600 XT (R96T-C3) 128MB TV/DVI-I

$245 AUD (+ $10 shipping).

Sound a good card?

its a better card than the 9800pro? if not then it doesnt sound good, I got my 9800pro cheaper than that

Whoops, forgot to convert the currency for you yanks ;)

$255 AUD (245 + 10 shipping) = $178.17 U.S.

I'm looking at cards, and I'm not seeing anything that excites me in this price range.... I might just buy a new Hard Disk after I get my processor and call it a day. (for now)

Whoops, forgot to convert the currency for you yanks ;)

$255 AUD (245 + 10 shipping) = $178.17 U.S.

I'm looking at cards, and I'm not seeing anything that excites me in this price range.... I might just buy a new Hard Disk after I get my processor and call it a day. (for now)

Im not a yank, I am a mexican :(

I did a research about that card, the price looks just fair

,May 19 2004, 17:37] I did a research about that card, the price looks just fair

It's a good price...it's just that after flipping through some benchmarks at Tom's Hardware it seems that it operates around the same speed as my current card, and the only advantage would be Dx9... don't know if I want to lay down money (yet) for only the Dx9 functionality... (and all the other squeaks and whistles that ATI offers)

It's a good price...it's just that after flipping through some benchmarks at Tom's Hardware it seems that it operates around the same speed as my current card, and the only advantage would be Dx9... don't know if I want to lay down money (yet) for only the Dx9 functionality... (and all the other squeaks and whistles that ATI offers)

This is why I suggested the 9800 Pro, I guess it depends on how bad you want DX9. The 9800 Pro will show a fairly significant improvment over your ti4200 in both performance and features, the 9600 will just show an improvment in features.

btw, you really should watch the new HL2 footage. There simply is no game that comes close to it in character detail, development and level interactivity (because of the heavy use of the physics engine).

This is why I suggested the 9800 Pro, I guess it depends on how bad you want DX9. The 9800 Pro will show a fairly significant improvment over your ti4200 in both performance and features, the 9600 will just show an improvment in features.

Thanks for your help in this thread... I think I will keep watching the prices and wait for the 9800 Pro to drop beneath $300 AUD.

btw, you really should watch the new HL2 footage.  There simply is no game that comes close to it in character detail, development and level interactivity (because of the heavy use of the physics engine).

It is officially on my list :yes: