S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl

http://www.gengamers.com/stalkershadowof24710.zip

A new trailer. And YES! It is GOOD!

Not much in the way of new footage, but some great music and some classic video footage of the real incident.

the music is awesome, some effects and movements are great two, but I have some complains:

some animations are odd

the blood seems to emerge from the hand

the flashings seems just not right, like they doesnt affect the enviroment lighting.

do you have links for a more technical explanative video?

,May 20 2004, 21:02] the music is awesome, some effects and movements are great two, but I have some complains:

some animations are odd

the blood seems to emerge from the hand

the flashings seems just not right, like they doesnt affect the enviroment lighting.

do you have links for a more technical explanative video?

Unfortunately, nope. Well, except for the 14 minute video which I'm sure I posted further up this thread somewhere.

There'll be a download for the music soon, by the way ;)

As for the flashing, it isn't environmental. It's a post-processing effect. What you are seeing is a blowout, in fact the exact same footage from the gameplay trailer of last month.

I like this video for the clever editing.... it shows only two new game scenes, the rest we have already seen or is not ingame. It's just a small teaser trailer. :)

what music download? Chode i have the same situation as you have. What I'm willing to do is wait and work some more money... and see what new cards get to the marker. Ear some money and it will be a bigger choice.

The music from that last teaser trailer: here

Tom's Hardware awarded GSC runner up prize for most dedicated developer (America's Army won for their E3 appearance)

Making an innovative action-rpg in the first-person, based on the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl is ingenious. Traveling to the still-deserted and irradiated wasteland of the reactor site itself is insanity. When we asked Oleg Yavorsky, one of the Developers creating STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl, how they dealt with the dangerous of the site, he said that they did their best to keep out of the worst areas and kept moving, only staying in each area for a short time. When we asked him why, he said, "We are extreme developers." You certainly are, GSC Gameworld, and smart. We would have just gone in with a lot of tin foil and taken our time.

Here for more info

The music from that last teaser trailer: here

Tom's Hardware awarded GSC runner up prize for most dedicated developer (America's Army won for their E3 appearance)

Here for more info

that site its F*cked up, they have relegated all the important titles to runner ups just because they dont feel they are going to fill their expectations :angry:

,May 22 2004, 23:56] that site its F*cked up, they have relegated all the important titles to runner ups just because they dont feel they are going to fill their expectations :angry:

But...but..

Tom's Hardware Guide..... it can't be wrong :cry:

For that matter, it's only recent news to me that THG follows games, not just hardware.

:blink: have i got this correct? chode if going for an ati radeon, wow dude ur the last person i would expect, meh i need a new card too but i am juz gonna dish out a fortune for nvidias new card sometime, till then i can hopefuly fry my 5600 :p and force my parents to buy it :ninja: and kick ass S.T.A.L.K.E.R pics and sweet music with that vid, :rofl: nice to keep up to date with the game

:blink: have i got this correct? chode if going for an ati radeon, wow dude ur the last person i would expect, meh i need a new card too but i am juz gonna dish out a fortune for nvidias new card sometime, till then i can hopefuly fry my 5600 :p and force my parents to buy it :ninja: and kick ass S.T.A.L.K.E.R pics and sweet music with that vid, :rofl: nice to keep up to date with the game

I was going to, but realised that the cheapness of Hard drives at the moment is much more tempting. I'm currently running a 40gig, and can pick up a 120gig for cheap.

Also, on Wednesday I get my new processor (:woot:). Upgrading this AthlonXP 1700+ Palamino that I've been using for over 2 years now, going to an Athlon XP 2600+ Barton.

But...but..

Tom's Hardware Guide..... it can't be wrong :cry:

For that matter, it's only recent news to me that THG follows games, not just hardware.

dude, if you expose your life going near chernobyl to get some ideas for your game you deserve that award, not a runner up :angry:

they did the same with HL2, they gave it the runner up because he is expcting it too much but not getting it, what a child

,May 23 2004, 17:42] dude, if you expose your life going near chernobyl to get some ideas for your game you deserve that award, not a runner up  :angry:

they did the same with HL2, they gave it the runner up because he is expcting it too much but not getting it, what a child

I know that, dude.

was joking. :rofl:

90 percent of the people that 'hate' HL2 are immature, impatient children throwing a tantrum because they don't have it now. :rolleyes:

Or they're simply jealous of all the attention it's getting. *cough*Tim*cough*Sweeney

90 percent of the people that 'hate' HL2 are immature, impatient children throwing a tantrum because they don't have it now. :rolleyes:

Or they're simply jealous of all the attention it's getting. *cough*Tim*cough*Sweeney

[saint dark] stands up and claps at that comment

You two no like Sweeney?

to be specific, I was claping about his first comment :)

,May 23 2004, 21:00] to be specific, I was claping about his first comment :)

I...see...

In my opinion, the only one's justified to be ****ed about the HL2 delay are those who boughts 9600xt/9800xt cards specifically for the game.

I...see...

In my opinion, the only one's justified to be ****ed about the HL2 delay are those who boughts 9600xt/9800xt cards specifically for the game.

Whoever did that are idiots. Buying stuff for a game that was still a fair bit off is just downright idiotic. They deserve nothing.

You two no like Sweeney?

After viewing FEAR at E3 he said, "HL2 has nothing on this". Have you seen FEAR? It's just another FPS with graphics similar to Doom 3, lacks any kind of an indepth storyline and has the typical nonrealistic cartoon feel to it. Maybe I'm being biased, considering I'm a big HL fan but I try not to be. A game is a game, I pick what appeals to me most and HL2, so far, has proved to be the most impressive. Alot of people seem to think graphics make a game in which I strongly disagree, and even then I would hardly say HL2's graphics are bad; they may not be the best but hardly bad.

I have nothing against Epic's games, I think they're great, but they lost my respect when they sold out to nvidia. I know Valve and ATI are also currently in bed with each other but that was the natural move after Valve had their shader-day presentation, which was all based on true information. They also don't advertise their games as running best on said hardware. You have no idea how aggressive nvidia is at getting developers to include their logo in exchange for extra assistance.

But I'm getting a bit off subject.

Edited by ANova

After viewing FEAR at E3 he said, "HL2 has nothing on this".

he said that? :laugh: what an idiot!!! :laugh:

I...see...

I got one with my 9800Pro, still sat unscratched in my gcard box, wish Valve would hurry up

I...see...

well, its not like they cant use the card for other games, right? and they are going to have their hl2 anyway

,May 23 2004, 06:27] he said that? :laugh: what an idiot!!! :laugh:

I know. I couldn't help but laugh when I read that. :laugh:

Regarding the voucher, HL2 will run fine on a 9800, so there's nothing to worry about. The X800 is just overkill; unless you want to play at 1600x1200.

I know. I couldn't help but laugh when I read that. :laugh:

Regarding the voucher, HL2 will run fine on a 9800, so there's nothing to worry about. The X800 is just overkill; unless you want to play at 1600x1200.

I know my radeon 9800 pro its capable, but I dont know about the rest of my hardware :(

Ya, it does seem that the "Celebrity developer" is coming back into fashion. One does hope that a select few of them go down the road of John Romero :D

In a vain attempt to pull this back on topic:

Here are some free music downloads, done by the same guys who are going to do the music for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

http://www.merregnon-studios.com/main.php?section=downloads

I hope not, john romero is an idiot :wacko: