Luna VX 4.0 Enhanced Edition

same here.. :( and i was looking forward toward the compact menus

Yup, unless that version will get released as 3.4 or something :rolleyes:

4 looks like a complete overhaul, i prefaird the last screenshot, a smoother sleaker version of 3.3

/me go's back to vx 3 with compact menu and tahoma fonts, for know ;)

I loved LunaVX but this Enhanced version is totally out of the way from the previous version.

Let me explain what bugs me:

1. The min/max/close are now some green color and you changed the glyphs (VX was much nicer)

2. Personally I was expecting improvements over the VX, not changing the appearance.

3. I understood that in version 4 we would have additional color grey

4. I would suggest at least if you're going to keep the new glyphs at least change them to white as you had it before, black for grey version

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your's and Dazza's hard work however my comments are more oriented towards the design aspects, the usability still remains unmatched.

If I might suggest also to changing the inactive caption bar to be light great instead of light blue. I'm saying this because it would put the final nail into already very usable theme. The windows would be much more distinguishable.

Hope you'll except these comments as a positive critique rather than bashing.

i love it! :) only thing i miss is the - (square) and X looking icons on all the windows for you to minimize, maximize or close... if you get what i mean, but i love it. :) can not complain! wallpaper is nice too but won't use it since i love my elisha cuthbert one :p

i like it a lot, but the common task are white, in version 3 it was also blue that way looks i think better, white looks i dont know empty i guess

i like it a lot, but  the common task are white, in version 3 it was also blue that way looks i think better, white looks i dont know empty i guess

Ditto. I think it should be Blue also. And i think the startmenu should be changed to the last preview back in the Old Luna VX thread. (or like image shown) Along with the start button.

post-36-1084398530.jpg

Xeon Inc. where did you get those icons? cause those are so sweet i really like that IE one

I want those icons too :D

I prefered the old startbutton and the min/max buttons

The compactness of the start menu was already brought up earlier, and Xeon said that Dazza is the one that does that portion.

Well hello all!

As my first post in this forum I may put to rest some people's fears that VX4 is looking worse than VX3. I think I may stress that this is VX4.00, which means we have a ways to go as far as design and implementation. In simpler terms, this is essentially the beginning. I expect that VX4 will ultimately evolve and become extremely different from VX3.

I am hoping to see a more vectorized feel to VX4 develop, while still keeping the usability that we al love about Luna VX.

Thats my opinion, so now I will address the specific comments people are posting.

The reason the common tasks area is wite is because there are no shellstyle files. They will be included at a later date (sooner rather than later that is), but I reckon I can improve on them before I re-submit them to the theme.

Also, ATM the VS is in a basic form. I have not added the thin part yet because I want to see how this new look plays out. As Xeon plays with the VS more and changes more things, It will become to difficult to mimick the changes in the thin version. therefore, the thin version will be included after Xeon adds some more stuff.

Now I know we also promised more colours, and that too is coming. However, for the same reasons as the thin version (and perhaps even moreso for colours) the difficulties are too... difficult to add the new colours ATM. So they too will be included shortly.

And as far as design is concerned, I honestly havent downloaded the release version yet. However, I can assure you that VX will be changing gradually and becoming better. As soon as Xeon finishes touching up the VS, I will add the extras to match. Sound fair? I mean, you dont want a patchwork job do you? :p

Well, thats my rant. Im sure there's plenty more to come, but for now, sit back and enjoy VX4!

Just my personal thoughts: I loved VX3, was a great theme. And like the others I liked the fact the early looks seemed to be an even more polished version of the VX3 series. I like the start button, but it lacks any sort of pressed mode/activated. Would look cool if when pressed if it had a slight glow to the letters/arrow or something. The min/max/close buttons just broke my heart, the original design was very simple, clean, informative and easy on the eyes. These tiny green ones almost make me want to squint to look for them. Also with the tiny visual size, it makes it feel like you have to look where exactly to click, I think its just psychological, i know i can click it, around it, etc...but my brain wants me to click dead on it.

A compact start menu will be nice to have, and the LunaVX logo protruding just totally throws off the sleekness of the whole style. Maybe if that whole graphic, arrows and all were flush against the edge, maybe even inset a bit, it would look beautiful. Also, in the system tray, the little green arrow just fits in too well as looking like a tray icon for a program. Perhaps it should be integrated somehow into the line that seperates the tray area from the rest of the start menu bar?

I'm so Happy :cry:

but seriously, what icons are those in the preview? they aren't gant so which? and is there an IP theme ;)

...comments: the logo looks a little funky to me. /End of Comments