Luna VX 4.0 Enhanced Edition

What a surprise upon my awakening!

Anyway I don't like the green icons on top of any window and tasks panel background is not blue.

Good work after all

nice vs, but i have the following suggestions:

- the new min/max/close buttons look terrible, please revert them to the vx 3.3 ones

- i'm not an expert on this field, but the font doesn't really look too good on me :unsure:

- a start button mouse over effect would be nice :)

Maybe a bug...

In ZipGenius and other Delphi apps using Toolbar2000+TBX VCLs, a button with dropdown menu looks as you see.

post-36-1085036910.png

Hey! Xeon Inc. took my suggestion! See? Here! * Makes happy thrilled noises! *

The reason he has done this I'm certain is because (among other things), he wants to take 4.0 into a different, new direction. VX 3.3 is already a firm favourite, and many people will still continue to use it, I am sure! For now, 3.3 fits my "mood" more. Thanks for finally releasing it regardless! It rocks in its own right!

Opinions:

1) Still a very clean, very nice theme, and I like the Luna VX protrusion in the start menu, not used to the green bits yet, but I'll try.

2) I'll have to get used to the new Min, Max, Close buttons, again, not used to the green bits.

3) I love how your menu selection as you scroll up and down fades from left to right <- that is my favoutite, FAVOURITE bit so far! (someone tell me the correct term for when you scroll up and down the All Programs menu?)

4) Oh - the Start menu button seems to have gotten "fat/wider" <- is this the size you'll let it remain at from now on? I prefer the less fat ones...

5) I'm not able to see the blue arrow behind the green arrow in the Start button very clearly at all. Oh - I oughta mention that I absolutely adore this Start button here, actually I like everything in this pic (if it ever got released, I'd be over the moon):

post-36-1084398530.jpg

I have from the start been using Vx, and i was allso looking forward to this release, Hell, im using VX4 right now.

But Ads the other says, i dont like the min,max and close buttoms, PLz but the old one back.

and the wallpaper, can we not get it in a descent reselution? I mean 1024*768 that is not enogh anymore, im running 1600*1200 so plz make it BIGGER.

That was all for now!

Some comments - the new Start button is superb and tray icons are much better, but an indicator of its state would be much better. However, I much prefer the old Start Menu and the Minimise / Maximise buttons.

Don't let all this talk discourage you though :) Its still a great piece of work!

Dazza already said that 3.3X is continuing in its style, while 4 will follow a different path. That way we can both enjoy what we like best, eh ?

Kinda Disapointing you chucked in the green stuff, and the new min/max/close buttons arn't to my taste, oh well, back to ashen. :pinch: