Luna VX 4.0 Enhanced Edition

like I said (or maybe I kind of skirted around this, but meh...), expect the first couple of releases to be experimental, or consider it as "testing the water before we jump in".

Not sure if Im even close to the point, but once Xeon gets a firm idea of the way he wants VX4 to look like, expect that the style will change to suit it. And trust me, when that happens, it'll be awesome.

Patience my friends. The best is still to come.

Dazza, fair enough. I actually assumed that's gonna be the case. Just please make sure old style min/max/close buttons are included. I was very impressed with those since the original, so simplistic yet very very effective.

I think most people have said what I think already. Love the new start menu/button, except, like QuantumTrickery, I'd like to see some states for the start button (hover and pressed), because right now, there are none. Also, I like the glyphs, but I think they should be larger, and white instead of the green.

Other than that, lookin good. :D

Nice theme... can't wait for the thin start menu.. I liked that the most about the old one!! Keep up the good work though people!

Off Topic: damn spitfire2001... that sig is a little big don't ya think :p I know there is a limit on the sixe.. whether you's is bigger than that i'm not sure hmmmmm it's huge..

I think Xeon likes to toy with us :D. First he released a fantastic preview pic of Cold Start, got all of us excited, then released a completely different final product. Now the same goes for Luna VX 4. Now I'm not saying I don't like the new (or different) versions, but I'm really trying to figure out why Xeon does that. Is it because the preview pics are mockups done in Photoshop that are not actually achievable in msstyles? It's kind of weird to release a preview pic of something and then at the last minute release it looking completely different. As I said though, this is not a knock towards the styles themselves, as they still look fantastic, they're just different from what I thought they'd be.

looks great. i think you guys should not change anything about it except for the maximise, minimize and exit buttons. maybe make it a little bit bigger or go with something else.

i like it pretty much.. but... no shellstyle.dll?!?!?

this will make it not so beauty :(

Edit: i got it from the older version in the other thread.. this VS is pretty nice..

Alex

Edited by Moonsinner

problems with this vis........ very very very nice.... except.... there is no shell style....

and if u wanted to make it perfect.. add a trillian skin :)

Oh yeah, this is a new thread.

For those unaware, If you download VX3 you can get all the refinements that ATM arent included in VX4. Just install VX3 and copy VX4 msstyle over the old one.

the following addons have been made:

? WB port

? Logon (welcome) screen

? Screensaver

? ZipGenius Skin

? Y'z Dock toolbar

the following are planned:

? MSN Skin (im working on now)

? Trillian

? Firefox

I will edit this list in a while and add the stuff i:porgot :p

ummmm... nice stuff keep it coming!

personally i think the green buttons (minimize, maximize, close), are not so great, but other wise the rest is a beauty compared to the previous 3.3 which was also great

Sweet work Xeon & Dazza, one of the best ive ever seen ^^

The new start button is great, and original aswell - tired of those "i just copied the square win button posted on neowin la la la" themes ;]

Just a thought: a black\grayscale version sometimes in the future would be nice ;]