[Screw GMail] AventureMail 2GB Free Webmail

That's what you get on the bottom of every e-mail... 5 Lines of shameless self-promotion

It's annoying, but with no attachment limits, I can stand it

weird .. coz I dont see those lines ..

ok ya nobody wants @adventuremail.com

it's slow and pretty to look at but lacking in ease and features

this is more like the hotmail with 2gb, gmail is way better and is still in beta, so I'll defiantly stick with my gmail

for all those that like this better must be u havn't tried gmail or just like the idea of twice as much space as it

Well i have been speaking to the developer and he seems like a nice guy! - Richard that is

"developer"? They installed HiveMail, oversold their space, and can't keep up with the hits. Probably some guy thinking he can get rich quick without doing any serious support of the service. I wouldn't trust this with a junk account, let alone my primary email account...

Oh, and I love this little gem of an image on their hosting site:

txt_sqlhits.gif

Uh...Just one of my servers has done 33 million today. Maybe they're just desperate for clients :s

I don't see why people are complaining about the name 'aventuremail.' Considering people have 'yahoo' and 'hotmail' names, 'aventuremail' sounds decent, or at least on par to the other services.

Oh, and I love this little gem of an image on their hosting site:

http://www.aventurehosting.co.uk/random_txt/txt_sqlhits.gif

Uh...Just one of my servers has done 33 million today. Maybe they're just desperate for clients :s

thats why im more then happy with paying for my email, sever is stable and no spam in my outgoing unless i chooose to add my own :laugh:

who seriously needs 2gb for email? just save it to a cd i dont think i have an email thats older then january of THIS year, if your getting that much mail (most of it junk mail) maybe you should turn on some filtering

I havent had an error yet with aventuremail :)

Anyone knows whats up with SpyMac? I dont recieve any emails that are sent to my account...

It's working fine here...able to receive and sent messages. Except it's slower and some functions have not been fully operational yet.

Tomorrow is supposed to be their "Stable Launch (Global Event)", this is shown in the calendar events.

By this date we hope to have a stable service after upgrades/initial bug reports.

i will just keep my account for a while, while using Yahoo Mail and waiting for Gmail or SOMEONE to invite me :D

That's what you get on the bottom of every e-mail... 5 Lines of shameless self-promotion

It's annoying, but with no attachment limits, I can stand it

Exactly. 5 lines of advert is WELL worth 2gb of storage / nice interface / no attachment limit.

I just figured out this SPYMAC thing! I got 100 meg of web space with my username like the one I got on this site! I can't believe it is free. The 10 meg email attachments kind of suck. I hope they raise that. Anyway, maybe I'll put up some screen shots on my web space and post links here. What am I going to do with 100 meg of free web space? They don't allow dirty pictures, after all. :( Thanks for posting about these alternatives. It is cool.

"developer"? They installed HiveMail, oversold their space, and can't keep up with the hits. Probably some guy thinking he can get rich quick without doing any serious support of the service. I wouldn't trust this with a junk account, let alone my primary email account...

yeah, thats what it said, Richard - Aventure mail developer :/

As I said earlier in this thread, AventureMedia also makes the XMB forum software, runs AventureHost itself, and Picturehost.co.uk. Not exactly a lame ripoff, they just jumped on the bandwagon so to speak. When they say they are "upgrading and squashing bugs", they actually ARE upgrading.

wow... now i have a 1gb and a 2gb mail. okay, im waiting for someone to create a 3gb mail.

in the meanwhile, jazmon@adventuremail.com <<spam me..