Neowin's Official Euro 2004 Thread

Meier said: "It was a clear foul, the keeper was in his own area and must be protected and if it happened again, I would make the same decision.

"England are looking for a scapegoat and they are looking to blame me."

Amen. At least he agrees with me that England are looking for excuses just like Portugal looked for them in Euro 2000 in that penalty shot in extra time. I mean, even Italy are blaming the Swede's and Danes for their agreement to tie.

Get over it Italians and Brits, you guys are sore losers.

Holy sh*t.

http://www.ojogo.pt/20-126/artigo388275.htm

Fernando Ferreira, the goalkeeper coach of Uni?o de Leiria, died in the end of the Portugal-England match, from heart attack. He was 37 but had colesterol problems. (That's why he stopped playing football at 2002/2003's season.)

Plus, about 130 people in the stadium had to be checked by medics.

They had strokes and anxiety crises.

This sux0r. f(~_~)

Holy sh*t.

http://www.ojogo.pt/20-126/artigo388275.htm

Fernando Ferreira, the goalkeeper coach of Uni?o de Leiria, died in the end of the Portugal-England match, from heart attack. He was 37 but had colesterol problems. (That's why he stopped playing football at 2002/2003's season.)

Plus, about 130 people in the stadium had to be checked by medics.

They had strokes and anxiety crises.

This sux0r. f(~_~)

Thanks for that link ... My portugese skills are not that great :laugh::

3h15m to Sweden Vs Holland.

Go Sweden! Go Sweden!

// Swedish female tourists++ f(*^_^*)

and i heard dutch women were hot too, i say go Holland.

I feel sad for the portugal's goal keeper coach but at the same time they might play less powerful because they are saddened.

Ok this will shut everyone up, its official the Urs made a mistake!  UEFA referee committee agreed that was indeed a goal and that Urs was in the wrong.  It's everywhere papers news etc.  So he DID make a wrong decision and Urs was supposed to referee the final but hes been cut because of his mistake.

Source?

Because the only story I could find is this:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp...4z9yzx&t=soccer

Where the committee is reviewing ALL quarter finals officials in order to make up their mind on who will ref the semi finals & final games.

England was wrong... and it was a foul. Get used to it and I am glad that England is out with an ego like this one.

and i heard dutch women were hot too, i say go Holland.

I feel sad for the portugal's goal keeper coach but at the same time they might play less powerful because they are saddened.

During Summer-time, Portugal gets tons of nordic women. ;)

That's the main reason we now get more male tourists. :crazy: Go away!

He wasn't the Portuguese goalkeeper trainer... He trained @ a club.

Actually, few people knew him. It's not going to afect the squad. [sh*t, this sounds very cold.]

Edited by tiagosilva29

He wasn't the Portuguese goalkeeper trainer... I trained @ a club.

Actually, few people knew him. It's not going to afect the squad. [sh*t, this sounds very cold.]

Heh ok then. Yes it did sound cold but I had to say it. :cool:

He wasn't the Portuguese goalkeeper trainer... He trained @ a club.

Portugal must be flooded by men (the football fans) right now..? :pinch:

The girl to guy ratio must have decreased :p

Portugal must be flooded by men (the football fans) right now..? :pinch:

The girl to guy ratio must have decreased :p

Yeap, big hairy men with beer jars are driving the women away from us.

:crazy:

Everything will be better tomorrow, for it is the start of the RoboCup2004 in Portugal.

Chicks dig machines. :yes:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/sport/euro2004/ph.../girls/browse/1 > Althought, according to that, lots of women are here to see the Euro matches.

Coff, coff?:sleep::

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...and/3841979.stm

UEFA is putting him out of the finals because of the controversy caused by the Brits.

sigh...

OLD, OLD news posted this morning..

12 hours later and its all change.

I will scan the damn 2 newspapers with meier QUOTES as soon as I get my damn scanner fixed :angry::

Anyway some person wanted a link.. the nearest I could find AT THE MOMENT:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13139533,00.html

How a player can jump into someone and then get a foul for it is beyond me.

Any of you noobs that make out you know anything about footie actually seen it frame by frame? :rolleyes::

ah well 20 pro refs cant be wrong.

(link will be on its way)

Edited by Rivers

sigh...

OLD, OLD news posted this morning..

12 hours later and its all change.

I will scan the damn 2 newspapers with meier QUOTES as soon as I get my damn scanner fixed  :angry:

Anyway some person wanted a link.. the nearest I could AT THE MOMENT:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13139533,00.html

How a player can jump into someone and then get a foul for it is beyond me.

Any of you noobs that make out you know anything about footie actually seen it frame by frame?  :rolleyes:

(link on its way ;))

HOLY BRITISH TABLOID, BATMAN! :ninja:

sigh...

I will scan the damn 2 newspapers with meier QUOTES as soon as I get my damn scanner fixed  :angry:

I have seen the same story in The Sun and The Daily Mirror. (OMG, how did I discover your trusted sources?!)

You people are very sad... Tssk, Tssk... Didn't that editors' mother told them that lying is bad? Uhm, wait... Nope, they're tabloids, that's the way they make money.

Oh well, if Elvis is still alive, Diana had an affair with the buttler and the Pope is an alien...

Actually I have the game recorded on tape, seen it over, and over, and over...

For the last time... do you see that small area marked near the goal?

This is the goalkeeper "safe-area", which means that he cannot be charged there.

If your stupid player did not charged our goalkeeper, Ricardo might not reached that ball! It could be a goal or not... You'll never know!

But no... he fouled him. Terry == D'oh!

WTF? Get a life.

It's impressive how people that work in Reuters don't have knowledge of anything like that, and your so-veritas "newspapers" have it.

I have seen the same story in The Sun and The Daily Mirror. (OMG, how did I discover your trusted sources?!)

Since it was on itv news tv then Reuters wouldnt have it.

It was a special report.

But I will be damned if I cant find a link somewhere... It shall come!!!

Safe area my arse!!

That rules out about a million goals ever taken from corners due to your lame argument.

Look at it frame by frame.

Look at who jumped at who!!!

As for the Sun and Daily Mirror (although the sun has an article on it) give me some credit will you!!! sheeesh :rolleyes:

Anyway you and me are gonna argue on this till the end of time..

So for the sake of it.. you are right and I am right.

There you go.. everyones happy.

The end.

So gods footie gift to Neowin.. whos gonna win tonight? ;)

So gods footie gift to Neowin... whos gonna win tonight? ;)

Thank you, sir. I am indeed a God! :alien:

By using my divine influence, I am prety sure that the swedish are going to win! For they have brought to Portugal a great team and great women!

:yes:

You bashers dont understand, yet try to present complex arguments that hardly make sense. Its simple, he wouldnt admit his mistake in public because of 2 main reasons:

1. It would cause an uproar of England fans.

2. He would certainly loose his job because of this one mistake.

So he stands by his decision even when he knows hes wrong to show the world "Yes! Im a referee who doesnt regret anything!" and thats what football referees do, they make a decision and they stick to it.

You bashers dont understand, yet try to present complex arguments that hardly make sense.  Its simple, he wouldnt admit his mistake in public because of 2 main reasons:

1.  It would cause an uproar of England fans.

2.  He would certainly loose his job because of this one mistake.

So he stands by his decision even when he knows hes wrong to show the world "Yes! Im a referee who doesnt regret anything!" and thats what football referees do, they make a decision and they stick to it.

Boy, oh boy...

That really makes sense... if it wasn't one little detail: your player charged our goalkeeper in his area, not allowing him to give himself to the ball which means that there is no mistake and you keep pushing it!

Jesus W. Christ, only the Americans know how to make decent complots, these days... :crazy:

now! we go against portugal.. you better watch yourselfs....

Holland will be more easier to beat than Sweden, because Sweden's style looks like ours in some aspects.

Boring hell no... this game was action packed with both sides having a good defense and offense. It was awesome to watch just because there are no goals doesn't mean that it isn't fun.

The penalties nearly gave me a heart attack but i will NEVER forget the smug face that Van Der Sar gave to the Sweeds when he blocked that shot. That was such an awesome look.

Go Holland

Orange Pride!!!

Holland will be more easier to beat than Sweden, because Sweden's style looks like ours in some aspects.

We will see on Wednesday, won't we.

This tournament has offered plenty of surprises so don't hold your breath

this has got to be one of the most boring games i have ever seen--

sooooo true ....

:sleep:

I thought it was a good game, not comparable to Portugal - England but it wasn't bad... I especially liked the last couple of minutes in the 2nd half and the extra-time... Sweden had some great chances there...

and we dutchies finally got lucky and won penalty kicks after 4 major tournaments... :D :D

[edit]

Thought some people would like this :whistle:

vdsar.jpg

Edited by Keito

sure sure talk all you want we'll see on Wednesday ok..

and btw nice pic Keito.. go Van der Sar :D