Neowin's Official Euro 2004 Thread

I thought it was a good game, not comparable to Portugal - England but it wasn't bad... I especially liked the last couple of minutes in the 2nd half and the extra-time... Sweden had some great chances there...

and we dutchies finally got lucky and won penalty kicks after 4 major tournaments... :D :D

[edit]

Thought some people would like this :whistle:

http://home.planet.nl/~dental/vdsar.jpg

He's like...

I'M THE MAN!! :cool:

and he is too.. Van der Sar : YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!111 :devil:

this is turning out to be such a bad tornoment, all the top teams are out. im sure there are so much less people watching these games than if the top teams were still in it.

this is turning out to be such a bad tornoment, all the top teams are out. im sure there are so much less people watching these games than if the top teams were still in it.

If they are "top teams" then why are they OUT ?

If they are "top teams" then why are they OUT ?

i dont know man, they didnt performe aswell as they should have, and i suppose some were unlucky (england). world cup will be more interesting i hope, unless it turns out the same way and we see guam vs tanzania in the finals :pinch:

are you kidding????'

the "top teams" as you said it didn't play jack! They made the worst football of the whole tournament, look at how germany, france, spain and italy played... they played absolutely nothing!!! didn't you see the games? or do you enjoy boring soccer matches in which teams only defend and have absolutely no imagination or passion to play good football?

Portugal, netherlands, ch rep., sweden and denmark are/were playing the best football and no one can deny that.

are you kidding????'

the "top teams" as you said it didn't play jack! They made the worst football of the whole tournament, look at how germany, france, spain and italy played... they played absolutely nothing!!! didn't you see the games? or do you enjoy boring soccer matches in which teams only defend and have absolutely no imagination or passion to play good football?

Portugal, netherlands, ch rep., sweden and denmark are/were playing the best football and no one can deny that.

just let him rant, some people just can't stand losing and realize that there are other countries in the top for once.

Plus... Holland always gets to go to the quarter or semi finals in the Eurocup for the last 16 years so you can still consider that a "top" team.

are you kidding????'

I couldnt have said it better myself.. those so called "Top Teams" played little league fotball :)

and the antics of the italian fotball team is totally moronic... i mean the italians sucked they souldnt try to blame Sweden and Denmark for there own failure

Oh and congrats to Greece for making the semifinals :)

//Edit.. damn i just found out we lost (sweden) :( ah well better luck next time :)

Edited by Fiskarn

Tararaammmmmmmm :&:

And today is the last day of the 1/4 finals!

Czech Republic Vs Denmark

I expect a very beautiful match :yes:!

I'm rooting for Czech.... So the Dutch can have a rematch in the finals without a jack@$$ official.

Holland was very lucky today for ones.............Before the match i thought that Holland would smash the Swedish team, i was very disappointed by the dutch to me it seamed the Swedish team outperformed the dutch, so good luck i really hopes it goes to penalties again for holland sakes................!

According to Matchcentre on Euro2004.com, the teams were pretty much split even similiarly to England v. Portugal.

Holland had 60% ball control, Sweden 40%

23 total shots for Holland

16 total shots for Sweden

9 shots on target for Holland

7 shots on target for Sweden

So really when it comes down to it, is that Sweden and Holland were very competitive with each other. But you can't say that Sweden was a better player nor that Holland was.

To be honest Van Der Sar was just damned lucky that he stopped that ball because it probably would have been Sweden that won if not for that stop.

Both teams had their shots and chances by hitting the white woodwork.

Oh a side-note, you'll never guess what just landed in our back garden... Beckham's f*cking penalty!

Go Denmark!!!

I really enjoyed their performance against Italy, They should have won it.

Yay!

Course i'll cheer for my own Country, but i don't think we stand a chance :(

Yay!

Course i'll cheer for my own Country, but i don't think we stand a chance:((

hey you never now..maeby you team plays excelent and wins.. good luck anyways...:yes:: :happy::