Neowin's Official Euro 2004 Thread

theyre not showing the tourny in the states?

Only if you order it through indemand channels.

GO RUSSIA !!! cant wait for the next match :shifty: :shifty:

What did you think about it?

I did actually think for a second that Greece hade a chance but then I changed my mind.. They did get a draw against england and did win their qualifing group but they are ranked bad.. Shame for Portugal though, I have relatives there so I feel sorry for them.

Greece coach was so right, before the game he said they would take advantage of Portugals and Spains defensive play and he was so correct. Portugal played way to defensive which caused them to loose.

Ronaldo was the best player on the field, he had some unlucky moments like when he came onto the pitch he gave away a penalty :p but he made up for it by playing excellent fotball and scored one goal...

Final result was 2-1 to Greece if you missed the game...

And I could have won some money, I was watching the game with a friend and in the 92th minute when portugal just made their corner I said out loud "wanna bet that they score now" but just when Ronaldo touched the ball I said that I was kidding.. and what happened.. They scored! Ohh well

I think portugal will go into the quater finals facing France, they will share the second place but their goal diffrence will be greater...

25 minutes left until Spain - Russia kick off ;)

Post your thoughts about the game

I'm in Singapore and am wondering are there any online webcast of the Euro 2004 match? I try Real! and it says that it's not avaliable in my country. So heads up? Or anyone doing a live webcast?

i though portugal played rele well in the second half afta the pen was scored but Greece had a defence of a bout 10 men lol. I agree Ronaldo was the best player on the pitch he had some crackin shots but ther defence woz huge. Another thing to mention about Portugal is ther lack of a foward right winger so whenever a cross went over to the right end of the box no-one was there.

Because im gonna b patriotic i think England will win. Go England :D.

Darn! And I can't get cable at this hour. It's 2.45AM here.

u want 2 see euro 2004 live right? i dont think there is any links for that...

meh dissapointing game, they were nervous and greece's coach really motivated his players, portugal needs as many said to put new blood on the field like Ronaldo, we've been counting on our "stars" for way to long and they are now all in their 30s.

meh dissapointing game, they were nervous and greece's coach really motivated his players, portugal needs as many said to put new blood on the field like Ronaldo, we've been counting on our "stars" for way to long and they are now all in their 30s.

now i hope for a draw between spain and russia

Yeah Ronaldo was the best player on the pitch.. made me laugh on how the commentary kept saying he had some great crosses.. well imo they are only great crosses if you actually cross to someone there.

Yeah Portugals forwards were all over the place but Ronaldo should have taken more shots instead of playing to nobody.

I swore Greece didnt have a chance before kick off though.

So all credit to them.. I guess sometimes attack is the best type of defence.

They go 2-0 up and put on 3 forwards.

YEAHHH!!!! greece won!!! just wonderfull!!!

now russia vs spain is boring! i hope spain will win, since they seem to be better anyway.