A Dolby 5.1 or better Winamp Guide

For Creative users: Disable CMSS when using this as it'll just try to reverb the source and make it sound like sh't

and how is that done? i have the sound blaster audigy 2 zs.

Just personal opinion, but I never listen to most of my music in 5.1. Standard consumer CD's just aren't mixed for 5.1, they're mixed for stereo. I find that true audio reproduction is best with what the disc was engineered for.

Now my DVD-A or SACD's are a different matter all together. I love being in the middle of my room for Peter Gabriels UP in 5.1.

anyone have tried the Enhancer .17 plugin ? IMO its much better than DFX (and its free)... try it and you'll see...err.. hear. ;)

edit: is there a way to hide the Blade plugin window ? :unsure:

I already have DD surround sound from WinAMP. It's called nVidia SoundStorm. ;)

That w/ some Z-680s sound totally sweet, especially when running w/ the optical cabling.

I am curious what kind of CPU hit you take encoding to DD w/ this plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the plugin, doesn't seem to make a difference on my system.

Still outputs in 2.1.

I think the Audigy 2 just doesn't want to decode the signal, oh well CMSS 2 works fine for me.

Not much different here. Kinda hard when already have a $200 sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro.

Plus CSS working fine here. No echos or anything. That and I'm using 7.1. :)

The only other program I think has such capabilities for achieving this is foobar because it also has a plugin system but I really don't have a use for foobar.

enhancer is the best dsp plugin i have come across .. so far ..

Holy crapoly!!!!

I just ran Enhancer while listening to some opera mp3s. I can't believe what I used to be listening to, hahahaha.

Really nice sound !!

Is there a way to completly hide that damn BladeMP Dolby Decoder ? There's no way to minimize that thing... and Enhancer doesn't even minimize properly. Very annoying.

Always on Top + no way to minimize = :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

right click on enhancer and choose hide option

I already did that. I said that it doesn't minimize properly... half of the window minimizes and the rest stays there... sorta. And BladeMP Dolby encoder is even more annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

tried this a while ago but I didn't notice a perticular improvement in sound quality + the plugin window couldn't be minimized properly so I removed the whole thing :)

Thanks dude, i've been using DFX for years, but i've never heard of the stacker nor the pro logic plug-ins, i didn't think it was possible, but my sound is even better! I use Audiy 2 ZS with Logitech z560's