A Dolby 5.1 or better Winamp Guide

• 1 month later...

I've been using Enhancer with my $20 C-Media CMI8738 6-channel PCI card for quite awhile. Enhancer is much better than (at least the free version of) DFX. Blade doesn't really help much, Enhancer does fine on it's own and Winamp only uses about 15 - 25% CPU usage. I installed Blade and DSP Stacker, put Enhancer on top, and CPU usage jumped to 50 - 65%! No good, especially while encoding a movie, which needs the processing power. Setting my speaker config to 5.1 in Windows is just fine by itself, with hardware accleration in Winamp enabled. But Enhancer does just what it's name implies, it's awesome--and free!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm, without any tuning it does nothing on my Audigy 2 ZS with NASH SPK-250ASS. So now I am using Dee3 for winamp. I've spend fiew hours to tune it, but now I finally got good bass from my sub. :cool: The only bad thig is 85% cpu usage on 898Mhz AMD Duron. So later I will try to follow this guide... :yes:

Question. How the hell can you get rid of that "Kristahl config box"??? It's just sitting there in my way, annoying me. I like to have winamp as a small "always on top" player and this box is just anoying the hell out of me :mad:

Great guide but my 5.1's don't need it :). My speakers came with a little button on the center speaker called "Matrix." It makes a center channel out of the left and right channels.

Great guide but my 5.1's don't need it :). My speakers came with a little button on the center speaker called "Matrix." It makes a center channel out of the left and right channels.

585902296[/snapback]

sounds like u have teh same speakrs as i do (logitech somethings, i forgot lol) but this sounds much better than the "Matrix" mode does

sounds like u have teh same speakrs as i do (logitech somethings, i forgot lol) but this sounds much better than the "Matrix" mode does

585902933[/snapback]

I've got them too (Logitech Z-640), nice speakers for a nice price. :)

post-20663-1115790480.gif

Try the Dolby Surround Decoder Plugin; No irritating config box & it sounds great! :D

post-20663-1115790837.jpg

Edited by Herby

I have my Computer feeding my 210 W Dolby Pro Logic Receiver - about 10 years old, but it works.

I currently have hooked up 2 BOSE 301s Series III (also about 10 years old - lol actually, 10 years old today!!!) on channel A and 2 no name brand 100 W RMS speakers on Channel B, with a brand new pair of BOSE 161s as L/R surround. I thought I had nice sound form my setup, but when I started using the Enhancer - I noticed that listening to music online a lot the effects seem to change all on their own - I will conduct further tests with manually generated MP3s and CDs as well, for a better feel, but since I primarily listen to techno and hard rock, my testing will pretty much be limited to those genres.

First and foremost, though: Having a Tyan 510 Trinity mobo (S2266 type, with VIA 82xx sound, being pushed by VIA as AC 97) feeding into th stereo inputs for CD player on the back of my receiver, I assume I am getting a true distinction of sound by the card, but not sure - my receiver has many presets as well for sound type, and I usually run theater or Jazz (Jazz seems to have better voice support for a lacking center channel architecture, and jazz works only when center channel is not activated, whereas Theater seems to drive out the bass the best - not Pro Logic / 3 channel theater, just regular Theater, which does not seem to be making use of a center channel (or if it is I don't know as I don't have a center).

I figured it was easier going the route of running it through the receiver than it was buying all these extra parts and speakers and such. And trust me, it still kicks hard.

I have my Computer feeding my 210 W Dolby Pro Logic Receiver - about 10 years old, but it works.

I currently have hooked up 2 BOSE 301s Series III (also about 10 years old - lol actually, 10 years old today!!!) on channel A and 2 no name brand 100 W RMS speakers on Channel B, with a brand new pair of BOSE 161s as L/R surround. I thought I had nice sound form my setup, but when I started using the Enhancer - I noticed that listening to music online a lot the effects seem to change all on their own - I will conduct further tests with manually generated MP3s and CDs as well, for a better feel, but since I primarily listen to techno and hard rock, my testing will pretty much be limited to those genres.

First and foremost, though: Having a Tyan 510 Trinity mobo (S2266 type, with VIA 82xx sound, being pushed by VIA as AC 97) feeding into th stereo inputs for CD player on the back of my receiver, I assume I am getting a true distinction of sound by the card, but not sure - my receiver has many presets as well for sound type, and I usually run theater or Jazz (Jazz seems to have better voice support for a lacking center channel architecture, and jazz works only when center channel is not activated, whereas Theater seems to drive out the bass the best - not Pro Logic / 3 channel theater, just regular Theater, which does not seem to be making use of a center channel (or if it is I don't know as I don't have a center).

I figured it was easier going the route of running it through the receiver than it was buying all these extra parts and speakers and such. And trust me, it still kicks hard.

Hi, is there any way i can hav the "Blade DolbyMP Encoder" to minimize on my desktop? coz i find tht it gets in the way abit :( bt apart from tht, this guide makes my music sound great

is it possible to hide the plugin thing (Blade Dolby).. its on top and so annoying

I've got them too (Logitech Z-640), nice speakers for a nice price.  :)

post-20663-1115790480.gif

Try the Dolby Surround Decoder Plugin; No irritating config box & it sounds great!  :D

post-20663-1115790837.jpg

585903051[/snapback]

Ahh it clips like crazy! On every song I have it clips like nuts. It doesn't do that with the default plugin + matrix button.

• 2 weeks later...
Question. How the hell can you get rid of that "Kristahl config box"??? It's just sitting there in my way, annoying me. I like to have winamp as a small "always on top" player and this box is just anoying the hell out of me :mad:

585889803[/snapback]

Please read through the thread before posting!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=584268542

Hide damn Blade DolbyMp Encoder window:

CMDOW "Blade DolbyMP Encoder - v0.9Beta" /hid

of coruse you need cmdow

would be nice if you could just right a plug in that runs that at start up

anyone care to?

584268542[/snapback]

Here's a batch file you can run from the directory you have CMDOW to start Winamp, then wait for a moment for Blade to load and appear, then hit a key to hide it. You'll need to make two batch files as follows:

winamp.bat

@echo off
start d:\progra~1\winamp\winamp.exe
call bladehid.bat

bladehid.bat

@echo off
pause
start cmdow.exe "Blade DolbyMP Encoder - v0.9Beta" /hid

You can change "@echo off" to "@echo on" to see it run if you prefer.

Edited by Yochanan