Suse 9.1 etc for FREE

LOC have u recieved this stuff :) ??? I mean its kind of freaking coz its all for free and in the market it cost quite a lot! Bad marketing or maybe good publicity :laugh: !

Its really good marketting actually. Novel is known for its certifications and good support. It is intended for users learning at home and not for deployment in a workzone. They make their money in support, like most other distros, mostly.

-nic

LOC have u recieved this stuff :) ??? I mean its kind of freaking coz its all for free and in the market it cost quite a lot! Bad marketing or maybe good publicity :laugh: !

No I just ordered it myself a few days ago.

I have however gotten several of these kits from Red Hat and IBM etc.

Suse already has sent me 9.1 for review purposes, but I wanted to have Ximian and all the other products to test out also.

It's just a nice company advertisement type thing. :)

HOLY CRAP!!!

suse pro by itself is 90 bucks.

I know! :woot:

LOC is sharing quite a find! (Y)

[EDIT: And the SUSE Server lists for 499EUR (US$600) with a year of service - service not included in this package, but quality software none-the-less!]

Edited by markjensen

I know! :woot:

LOC is sharing quite a find! (Y)

[EDIT: And the SUSE Server lists for 499EUR (US$600) with a year of service - service not included in this package, but quality software none-the-less!]

I've always wanted to try out SuSE Server but it's so expensive ($449US). This is so awesome. :woot:

Novell r0x0rz! :D

This looks cool but if you just want SuSE 9.1 its always been available for free download from ftp.suse.de and many mirrors. However if you don't have broadband or want all the other stuff then this seems like a great deal.

This looks cool but if you just want SuSE 9.1 its always been available for free download from ftp.suse.de and many mirrors. However if you don't have broadband or want all the other stuff then this seems like a great deal.

I think that this is the 'nicer' version.

SUSE's comparison page

[EDIT: Nevermind. The FTP install will get you the Personal edition, but you can always manually find and install the other optional items. I don't see anything difficult to get in the list of Professional.]

No I just ordered it myself a few days ago.

I have however gotten several of these kits from Red Hat and IBM etc.

Suse already has sent me 9.1 for review purposes, but I wanted to have Ximian and all the other products to test out also.

It's just a nice company advertisement type thing. :)

kits from Red Hat and IBM etc.

got links to these also?

We can only wait and see. It does say "Delivery will be made via US Postal Service, first-class mail. If you have... " plus there is a drop

down menu for other countries inc. UK :)