Suse 9.1 etc for FREE

*sigh*, if you all read it says it will e-mail you when your order is dispatched

mariusu
*sigh*, if you all read it says it will e-mail you when your order is dispatched

you're right. but i hope it won't take that long :)

markjensen
I just installed mandrake 10 and when i receive this can i install over mankerake?

Yes, you can install *any* OS "over" another. Do you mean more along side of Mandrake, in a dual-boot? The answer is "yes" too. ;)

It is pretty easy to move from distro to distro. You might have to deal with version differences in config files, depending on what version(s) of apps you have. But, if you keep your system up to date, you should find it pretty easy.

fukachu

i imagine it will take some time for me as im in australia... but looking forward to it. if suse doesnt do it for me then im heading over to gentoo... setting that up will be a blast, lol.

IrcSystmzz

Thank you for your interest in the Novell Linux Resource Kit. We have experienced a high demand for this product, and are working to implement a new steamlined process to accommodate all orders. Please check back on Friday, 18 Jun 2004 at 5PM EST to access the order form. If you would like to be notified as soon as the order form comes online again, please send us an e-mail and we will contact you as soon as the form is available.

argghhh gottah wait a till tomorrow afternoon that suxorz

Kenny McCormick

Can I order it in Sweden and do I have to pay shiping?

LOC

As far as I know it is not limited to US and Canada. I'm not sure about Sweden, but I know someone in the UK who ordered it (didn't get it yet of course)

You could always email them and ask :)

nuka_t
Can I order it in Sweden and do I have to pay shiping?

even if you cant, whatever you pay in shipping is well worht it.

TaRaKa

has any body actualy recived the CD's yet

LOC

Normally it takes 2-8 weeks to get these sorts of things. I wouldn't expect them for at least another 10-15 days at the earliest.

dip_8246

this is great i just ordered. i am very excited to use linux 9.1!!!

markjensen
this is great i just ordered. i am very excited to use linux 9.1!!!

I hate to be picky, but this is one of my pet peeves... :whistle:

It is SUSE 9.1. The Linux version will be the kernel, and probably a 2.6 series kernel. :yes:

Rockett15

:) been a week since I ordered.. still waiting to see if anything will actually come

BxBoy
:) been a week since I ordered.. still waiting to see if anything will actually come

ditto..

i'm about to give up on it.. :unsure:

rezza
ditto..

i'm about to give up on it..  :unsure:

I wouldn't give up on it. They're giving this stuff away for free, so its not as if they're going to go miles out of their way to ensure that you get it in 5 working days (or whatever), but they are a respectable company, and they will do their utmost to get all copies shipped out eventually. When I got my IBM free software pack, it took around 3 weeks or a month to come through.

randomnut

I heard these are all only 30 day trial versions. Youll probably only get the 'live-eval' version of suse, or possibly a 30day trial version. Good idea i suppose for getting your products out to other companies ship them all together and let em pick.

Dont give up on it, the amount of response theyve had to this offer, the amount of people ive seen join up not just from this forum but others and just people ive told etc is astonishing they must have thousands of these kits to ship lol.

nuka_t
I heard these are all only 30 day trial versions. Youll probably only get the 'live-eval' version of suse, or possibly a 30day trial version. Good idea i suppose for getting your products out to other companies ship them all together and let em pick.

Dont give up on it, the amount of response theyve had to this offer, the amount of people ive seen join up not just from this forum but others and just people ive told etc is astonishing they must have thousands of these kits to ship lol.

now you've gone and ruined my day :(

mariusu

btw...the order form is back online... :)

StealthMode

30 day trial? :cry: WHY?! Why did you have to ruin this perfect day? :(

...:p Free's free, I'm not complaining ;)

CaKeY
I heard these are all only 30 day trial versions. Youll probably only get the 'live-eval' version of suse, or possibly a 30day trial version.

Well it says SUSE Linux 9.1 Professional and links to THIS PAGE.

StealthMode

Then....maybe it's not the 30 day trial, if so, that would be killer :D

AreBee

I contacted them today about placing an order for the uk..they said they will ship it to me...woo hoo!

matt95110

Has anyone received theirs yet? I placed my order back on the first day and I haven't gotten it yet.

nuka_t

moi aussie. im sure it will get here some time next week.

randomnut

ROFL well of course theyre going to point to the SUSE page, theyre not going to point to google or something are they LOL. Thats obviously because thats the product youll be testing. Thats the full version and they want to point you to the place to buy it. Its probably the Live CD or 30day trial of it, it would not make good buisness sense to offer out free software while pointing to a place to buy it ;)