Request members to review products

Dr.Jones

Anybody has links to reviews or comparisons between different dvd recorder models ? I searched here and found nothing before posting btw.

I want to record TV shows, not burn dvds with my computer. just to set things straight :p

saralk

I have a DVD Recorder, Philips DVDR610, and its pretty good, can record upto 8 hours on one disk (depending on recording quality). Its easy to use and works just like a VCR.

The only problems with it i find are this it only works with DVD+R and DVD+RW, not the - ones. Also It has no DV input, which isnt too much of a problem cos i can use my PC for all my MiniDV needs.

Dr.Jones

thanks ! is it a common model, because I probably will buy it at Sears or Futureshop, so it cant be much a leet machine ;)

And if it doesn't work with DVD-R I will have to explain to my mother some little things about blank DVD and wich ones to buy, no biggie :D

YBG

Could someone review the nVidia 6600 GT video card? Any manufacturer it doesn't matter to me. I would really appreciate if someone would write one thanks in advance.

Andrew Lyle
michael schumachers f1 car

584912985[/snapback]

LOL

heres my review:

it's fast.

SkyyPunk

this isnt a product...but..it costs so i want to know...what conference to go to? WinHec 2005 or PDC 2005...I feel both would be beneficial and I could learn a lot from, but what are your experiences from those who have gone to them?

My company is going to pay for me to go to one...I am pretty sure I will be going to WinHec but if someone could review your experiences of these conferences I would appreciate it :)

saralk

no, its not very leet, i got it free with my TV, and i got that from Powerhouse

Martog

I have a very nice DVD recorder unit, more specifically it's a DVD recorder and VCR unit together. It is the Sony RDR-VX500 DVD Recorder/VCR combination unit. It is very nice, it'll play AND record to both the + and - R/RW formats, just not one or the other. It can dub either way, from VHS to DVD, or DVD to VHS. It also has synco recording, I didn't read too much on it, but the take on it I have is that it helps if you hook up something to the unit to record from, and somehow syncs the playback and recording functions so you don't miss anything. It also has a Firewire DV link port to hook up your Digital 8 or MiniDV camcorder to the unit to dub from that onto VHS or DVD. The remote is very nice as well, it goes along with my Sony TV, I can just use that remote to control either the TV or the recorder unit. Maybe I need to do a full review on the sucker sometime after I toy around with it more. :D

Sony RDR-VX500 DVD Recorder/VCR

abrooks

Requesting reviews or opinions on the canon Pixma iP4000R

Oompa

Requesting a review on a Creative Zen Micro and a Creative Zen Touch.

elfangor
Anybody has links to reviews or comparisons between different dvd recorder models ? I searched here and found nothing before posting btw.

I want to record TV shows, not burn dvds with my computer. just to set things straight  :p

585198218[/snapback]

I have a Panasonic DMR E-50 DVD recorder that records to -R and RAM.

Alternatively, a 40 hour TIVO is only $99 now.

• 2 weeks later...
Phil Mossop
Requesting a review on a Creative Zen Micro and a Creative Zen Touch.

585272606[/snapback]

I'm interested in a Zen Micro review too, thinking about getting one.

jdw4jesus

I posted this in a thread, but I might just as well post it here incase someone missed it

The following PC is $699!

Ultra P4 2.4GHz - 256MB - Home Edition PC

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.4 GHz

256 MB PC2100 DDR Memory

40 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive

52x24x52 CD-RW Drive

56K PCI V.92 Modem

VIA Chipset 7-Bay Mid-Tower Case w/ 300 Watt PS

eTrust Anti-Virus 7.0 (Lifetime Updates)

One Year Limited Warranty

PS/2 Scroll Mouse & PS/2 104 Keyboard

Integrated Video and Audio

Integrated 10/100 Network Adapter

27 Title Software Bundle

InfoTel recommends Windows XP

I do not need it for anything really special! Just basic stuff (surfing the internet, word processing, transferring files from this to my laptop) so I do not need anything major, just a modern PC!

Catharsis
I posted this in a thread, but I might just as well post it here incase someone missed it

The following PC is $699!

Ultra P4 2.4GHz - 256MB - Home Edition PC

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.4 GHz

256 MB PC2100 DDR Memory

40 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Hard Drive

52x24x52 CD-RW Drive

56K PCI V.92 Modem

VIA Chipset 7-Bay Mid-Tower Case w/ 300 Watt PS

eTrust Anti-Virus 7.0 (Lifetime Updates)

One Year Limited Warranty

PS/2 Scroll Mouse & PS/2 104 Keyboard

Integrated Video and Audio

Integrated 10/100 Network Adapter

27 Title Software Bundle

InfoTel recommends Windows XP

I do not need it for anything really special! Just basic stuff (surfing the internet, word processing, transferring files from this to my laptop) so I do not need anything major, just a modern PC!

585348500[/snapback]

No 3D card? Doesn't sound like too sweet of a deal. No monitor, no video card. Lifetime updates with eTrust is pretty sweet, though. What kind of VIA chipset?

jdw4jesus

I do not know what kind of VIA chipset, I just saw this on a website and I thought that this was a good deal

goheels681
Isen't TiVo supscription based, though?

585333494[/snapback]

You can either pay per month, or pay one fee for the lifetime of the Tivo, not the owner (If you sell it, it's still subscribed until the Tivo dies)

aishiteru

X-530.. I'd like to see how it stacks against a Z640.. I'm actually considering an upgrade from Z-640 to X-530.. supposedly, the X provides better midrange due to its FDD^2 tech.

ROM3000

Hello everyone. I'd like someone to review the Creative MegaWorks THX 2.1 250D if they have a chance. I not sure if this was already asked, but I didn't see it on the forums. If it is, can someone please direct me to the topic. Any help would be appreciated. :)

nvizible

sennheiser hd 595 review would be really nice :yes:

DoNuTs

If anyone could Review the new "IceMat Siberia" it would be nice :yes.

Mali

Anyone got their hands on the new 23 incher from Apple? I'd really appreciate some info on gaming performance of that monster, is it worth looking for gaming?

Thanks a bunch