Official WWDC 2004 discussion

Is anyone watching the keynote? there's bound to be someone with a cell phone and laptop in clamshell mode or something with an iSight, I remember last year seeing the G5 while the keynote was going on

Is anyone watching the keynote? there's bound to be someone with a cell phone and laptop in clamshell mode or something with an iSight, I remember last year seeing the G5 while the keynote was going on

Unless I'm mistaken, the Keynote was broadcast by Apple last year. That may have been only in Apple stores though.

next thing you see is that they will include an Apple version of poisoned or acquisition into Canadian version of Mac os x and limit you to download only songs but nothing else

One thing Apple needs to do is release a kick-butt newsreader (no, not RSS, I mean NNTP). With the death of Thoth, there needs to be something to take it's place (and, no, don't bother telling me about Unison, it's no where near as powerful as Thoth). A newsreader with this new Spotlight technology would be awesome.

Core image and Core video. Am I right in assuming that this is like the web core?

It's like Core Audio, it's just a library.

"New tech: Core Image and Core Video.

doing processing in graphics processor (GPU), not the CPU

all done with floating point precision.

realtime filters. over 100 professional quality

filters. just like audio units, you can extend with image and video units to extend it

any way you want. similar to audio units/coreaudio. avail to dev to write any apps

they want.

It's like Core Audio, it's just a library.

So video and images can be easily integrated into applications. Thats what I thought.

So video and images can be easily integrated into applications. Thats what I thought.

Not exactly. You can do that now fairly easily. This is to allow developers to more easily manipulate video and images (aka, build photoshop more easily).

Not exactly. You can do that now fairly easily. This is to allow developers to more easily manipulate video and images (aka, build photoshop more easily).

Right, thats kinda what I was saying. Devs can depend on Apple's libraries that are built into the OS for things like video and images.

Or am I still getting it wrong? Oh well, doesn't really matter.

Hehe, someone should call the Apple Store and say "I want to order the new iMac G5" and see what happens:-)

The imac g4s were still in stock for 24hr delivery,

When things have been changed in the past I've noticed the dates increase to like a week or so a few days before the anouncement,

The current displays went from 24hrs to 8-10 days/

Hehe, someone should call the Apple Store and say "I want to order the new iMac G5" and see what happens:-)

haha

I did that last year when the G5s were about to be released. Unfortunately, the guy just told me he didn't know what I was talking about.

haha

I did that last year when the G5s were about to be released. Unfortunately, the guy just told me he didn't know what I was talking about.

Some called last year asking for the same thing and the employee said "Oh, I thought they were being announced tomorrow." Or something along those lines.

"Next: .Mac. Over 1/2 million subscribers. Building a sync engine right into tiger.

also using for .Mac syncing throughout tiger. New .Mac preference panel to turn things

on and off in once place. Good for those with more than one Mac. Sync addresses,

arn: screensavers etc... across computers. "

Some called last year asking for the same thing and the employee said "Oh, I thought they were being announced tomorrow." Or something along those lines.

Yeah, I was hoping for some slip-up like that, but I guess the guy I talked to actually knew what he was doing and didn't want to get in trouble ;)